JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

The "Outright Tournament Winner" THREAD

There should be a thread like this.

Alright so starting with the Topshelf Open.

Can't see Halep losing @ 2.30's this week, but I'm going with a couple of outsiders here.

Two bets.

Tursunov out.

Top half:

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 4.12.01 pm.jpg

Bottom half:

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 4.14.35 pm.jpg

That's Bautista-Agut @ 11's.

Seems crazy I know. But hear me out.

The two half is filled with utter mugs.

Sousa
    DeBakker
    Sela/Becker/Pospisil/Struff

To make the final. This one is placed with laying off in mind.

About as easy a draw as it gets. A big call. Sure. But I do like the play.

The bottom half is where the better players are. Bautista-Agut gets the nod from me.

Ebden
    Mahut (who albeit the defending champion - was horrendous against Coppejans yesterday)/Johnson
    Verdasco/Melzer

To make the final. In which case he'd be the pretty huge favourite to take the title.

The Spaniard was improved immensely this year. Can't see why his game wouldn't be just as good on grass as HC. Where he has beaten Berdych and Del Potro this year.

With the exception of the Verdasco/Melzer match I think he has it very easy.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Halep probably tanks thats why I took Govo +6 @1.99 yesterday, wish I took 6.5 @1.75ish as my bet voided. First set was good though 7-5.

She is not the 250s girl like last year, now she is number 3 and has to perform well in Wimbledon.

I also tried to understand her playing pattern for 2014 yesterday. She was deep in Aus Open then tanked in Paris next week. Won Doha tanked in Dubai. Good in Indian Wells tanked in Stuttgart. Good in Madrid tanked in Rome. Very good in Roland Garros now I expect her to tank here to be fresh in Wimbledon.

kenz

JC you are from Australia, I read on papers one Aussie won 200,000 Australian Dollars for Li Na * Wawrinka outright parlay betting 400(if not asparagas). Can you ask him what he thinks for Wimbledon?

kenz

No love for Tomic?

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Tsonga for Wimbledon. Always done good on grass and just Murray who always gives him trouble but Murray out of form this year although that being said, Tsonga is out of form too. Only difference is could be value to win like his quarter or something depending on the draw.

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    No love for Tomic?
    A lot of love for Tomic actually. Thought your bet was a great one from the start.

He's value for the tournament along with Benneteau @ 23's to break his tournament duck in the bottom half.

JC1186

Have to say $100 on Pavic was one stupid ass bet. It was either him or Sousa @ 16's for the top half. Went with Pavic because he was 2.50 for the match (at the time) and 51's for the tournament.

Stupid rookie mistake. I knew those odds of 1.65/2.50 were incorrect, and poorly, allowed that to influence me.

NguyenImproved
    NguyenImproved's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
    Have to say $100 on Pavic was one stupid ass bet. It was either him or Sousa @ 16's for the top half. Went with Pavic because he was 2.50 for the match (at the time) and 51's for the tournament.

Stupid rookie mistake. I knew those odds of 1.65/2.50 were incorrect, and poorly, allowed that to influence me.

Wow...have you ever picked a winner mate? Sousa was a shoe in.

I always wondered who the idiots were that placed these kinda bets. But thanks for sating my curiosity.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by NguyenImproved View Post

I always wondered who the idiots were that placed these kinda bets. But thanks for sating my curiosity.
    this guy already starting to piss me off and he's been on here for 5 days

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

i have a few sheckles on RBA at 16:1. if he can clear his side of the bracket, anyone he faces from the top half should be +money for easy hedging. this tournament has some of the most lopsided futures, currently. literally everyone in the bottom half is more favored to win than everyone in the top. never seen that before.

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    i have a few sheckles on RBA at 16:1. if he can clear his side of the bracket, anyone he faces from the top half should be +money for easy hedging. this tournament has some of the most lopsided futures, currently. literally everyone in the bottom half is more favored to win than everyone in the top. never seen that before.
    Indeed. Makes sense though given the players in the top half.

You never know with Sousa though. He made the KL final late last year against all odds. That was on IHC. His least favoured surface. He toughened the match out, saved a MP against the notorious Finals choker (Benneteau - something like 0-9 in Finals the poor bugger), and won the tournament.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

RBA vs Mahut ? Hmm. Mahut is usually a wizard on grass and is the defending champ, why are the odds almost even ? Mahut 2-0 @+190 looks pretty enticing. Hmm.

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    RBA vs Mahut ? Hmm. Mahut is usually a wizard on grass and is the defending champ, why are the odds almost even ? Mahut 2-0 @+190 looks pretty enticing. Hmm.
    If RBA wasn't show piss poor against Ebden he'd probably be favourite.

Mahut's not the same player. If you saw the Coppejans (who was making his main draw debut) match you'd know why.

Still, even though I'm on RBA outright I'll admit the odds on Mahut are tempting. But just no way I could back Mahut given what I saw the other day.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Did not Mahut take care of another, more capable no-name dude the next day pretty efficiently ? That was his second match on grass. This would be his third. Let's see how it goes. I am not saying he will definitely win 2-0 or even win at all, but RBA is not the guy to back on grass.

As for making the main draw debut: that is usually a big occasion for the newcomer, while Mahut might have thought that he had nothing to worry about. I admit I am throwing darts here since I have not actually watched pretty much any tennis after RG. But still, this looks like an interesting line.

JC1186

Would you really put Johnson ahead of RBA? On all surfaces - I wouldn't.

He may not be the guy to back on grass. Yet. But I do think the verdict is out on him. I don't see why he can't have similar success on this surface as he does on Indoor Hard.

I do specifically remember his match against Ferrer at Wimbledon last year and Bautista did impress me. He was up a break in the 4th set and almost took it to 5.

He does however seem to be in a bit of a form slump relative to early this year.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Tailed you on Sousa , JC. good call.

I have camila giorgi to win in eastborne at +1100, if she gets by wozniacki it looks like her chances just got a whole lot better.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Boooo Camila. You break my heart.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

take mashithut to get it bak

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

I'm scared of Mahut. My morning plays were Sousa and Pospisil.

Might take Chardy light.

NguyenImproved

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    I'm scared of Mahut. My morning plays were Sousa and Pospisil.

Might take Chardy light.

Haven't seen him play but isn't Lopez in form at the moment

JC1186

Surprised to see RBA as fav against Melzer. Big match for me. If he comes through he'll be the strong fav in the final against either Becker or Sousa. In which case I'd definitely lay off for a 1.5K+ profit.

JC1186

On second thought Sousa/Becker would be an odds of 3.0+ dog at least. They're playing like shit. So I'd be able to lock 2K profit in if RBA beats Melzer.

Win or lose hopefully he turns up.

JC1186

Bottom half:

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 4.14.35 pm.jpg

That's Bautista-Agut @ 11's.

The bottom half is where the better players are. Bautista-Agut gets the nod from me.

Ebden
    Mahut (who albeit the defending champion - was horrendous against Coppejans yesterday)/Johnson
    Verdasco/Melzer

To make the final. In which case he'd be the pretty huge favourite to take the title.

The Spaniard was improved immensely this year. Can't see why his game wouldn't be just as good on grass as HC. Where he has beaten Berdych and Del Potro this year.

With the exception of the Verdasco/Melzer match I think he has it very easy.
    And through he goes into the final. I patiently await the odds. Hopefully from odds of about 11 to 1.40ish.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

fart face melzhit was -650 in the 3rd set LOL not like any dogs win in atp

JC1186

If Becker remains at 2.40ish I don't think I can lay off. I just couldn't justify it. He doesn't deserve to be that short.

I'm off to bed and hopefully the odds drift overnight.

I'd take Becker @ 2.70 or else I'm letting it ride.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

i have RBA and i'm hedging out on becker at +money. pretty rare to walk into a final with a long future on one side and the opponent is +money on the other side. usually you take future on a guy like RBA and he plays murray in the final, and murray is like -700 or something stupid, so you can barely hedge.

SEAL IN THE FRESHNESS

JC1186

Indeed. It's pretty sweet.

Bautista-Agut shortening all the time. Stupid market really got it wrong last night lol.

Think I'll wait just before the start to lay off. Wouldn't be surprised if B-A shortens to 1.50 on Betfair - gifting us 3's on Becker.

JC1186

Have laid off. 2Kish profit. Can't trust Bautista-Agut in a final against a wily veteran, so it was a pretty logical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by NguyenImproved View Post

Oh and how could I forgot the biggest fcukwit I've come across on the Internet. Who trash talked me when my odds of 50/1 outright bet lost.

A bit too thick to realise my Bautista bet could soon put me in a solid winning position.

Suck it tosser.

pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

now that is what i would call a nice tipping. great work jc

NguyenImproved

Have laid off. 2Kish profit. Can't trust Bautista-Agut in a final against a wily veteran, so it was a pretty logical decision.

Oh and how could I forgot the biggest fcukwit I've come across on the Internet. Who trash talked me when my odds of 50/1 outright bet lost.

A bit too thick to realise my Bautista bet could soon put me in a solid winning position.

Suck it tosser.

Credit where it's due. I will concede that was an astute bet.

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

It saved them some money in this case but do you think Pinny care if you take the future and the hedge with them?

Aussie based books would not like it. Pinny is different, I know, but I'm undecided on it.

JC1186

Given they're arbitrage friendly, I see no reason why they'd have a problem with it. Most people would lay off in said scenario (odds of 11 into 1.49) so it wouldn't be in their best interest to police it.

https://www.pinnaclesports.com/betti...trage-friendly

JC1186

There's lots of reason to like Safarova for the Quarter imo. It's a weak section.

Azarenka, Muguruza and Radwanska are all hugely vulnerable. Safarova has the game, if "on it", to beat all of them in current form.

I'll be looking to lay off in the Quarters. If it's against Radwanska whom Safarova has a great h2h against, I'll think twice.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Love the Safarova bet!!

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Love the Safarova bet!!
    Thanks.

With Azarenka out, Safarova has a very favourable run to make the Quarters.

Either Cibulkova/Uutynakkukduck (into a 3rd set now) next.
    Jovanovski/Smitkova in the 4th round.

Looking quite lovely atm given the odds.

123 Last