SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Elias Ymer is playing in the Sacramento Challenger and his 1st round opponent is Quigley. Quigley is a solid hardcourter beating decent opponents to get into the main draw. Ymer is @1.65 which I reckon is fair considering it is hardcourt. That being said, Ymer has hit form again so should be able to win in straight sets.

I will only be taking Ymer if he goes down a set. Not really familiar with Quigley's game about from stats though.

SirtySree

Ymer dropped the first set and then came back to win. Next round is Kudla and he is @3.75. Pretty good value here as Quigley pushed Kudla as well but still think Kudla should get the job done. Want to say Ymer wins but realistically he would have to play like he did against Querrey to come close.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Ymer has won six of the last seven games here. He was down 5-1 in the opening set and now it's 6-4, 0-3 to Kudla. I got on Ymer at $4.30 pre match.

SirtySree

A bit disappointed with the outcome. He was down in the 1st set but then had all the momentum going into the last set and really should've won it. Solid effort though to get to that position considering Kudla is the superior player on hard court.

SirtySree

Tmrw he plays rhyne williams nd is a small dog. I played ymer in my battle thread bt would nt recommend betting much on it or any at all. Ymers form is gud bt williams is one of those players who r unpredictable nd on his day is more than capable of beating the entire field including querrey

SirtySree

This thread is 5-5 up $380 based on $100 units. Only counting Ymer bets and not the ones like Bolt win/Jasika lose above although they would mean ive made more money.

Dont really care for the record/money made as u can see that majority of my posts in here are just discussing each match from both players persectives rather than me posting a play.

The update with the record is just more for matt who said this thread has 3 times the losses, as well as to see if ymer is actually a profitablr player to bet on.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

win or lose, elias seems to always lose set#1...

like a fighter that doesn't wake up till he tastes some of his own blood...

hopefully, as part of his maturation process he'll be able to put him into that fighting state from the start of a match and play AS IF he were down a set, without actually having to dig himself into such a hole

update: his back firmly against the wall he characteristically builds for himself, our buddy Elias uses it to motivate himself to get serious and breadsticks rhino...

he would make it easier on himself--and all backers--if he just skipped the first step and just played AS IF his back were against the wall from the get-go...nadal is a master at this (it's the psychological "special sauce" that has him seem to never take the foot off the gas=he envisions on his own scroreboard that he CAN NOT give up this set, even tho the one in the stadium says he can)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 10-06-14 at 05:10 PM.

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    win or lose, elias seems to always lose set#1...

like a fighter that doesn't wake up till he tastes some of his own blood...
    Agree completely. One of the main reasons how i noticed ymer in the first place with his come from behind wins. Great from a bettimg perspective, but as a player u would rather nt rely on having to come from behind all the time.

Making a comeback right nw again btw.

SirtySree

What a horrible match. Both players were garbage today.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

My thoughts exactly. I don't have much to relate him to though.

SirtySree

His backhand broke down today which is surprising. Usually when he is off, it's due to his forehand so that was a first today. His sarcastic celebration after making a backhand winner pretty much said it all.

As for going forward, there is an ATP 250 event in Sweden starting next week. I know Mikael is playing in it based of his Twitter so I am guessing he is playing qualifiers later this week. Not sure about Elias but I am guessing surely he would have a wildcard entry to it. Will update once a draw comes out.

*side note - Jasika is versing Propoggia soon. I like both players but with Jasika shitting the bed last week, not sure how he will bounce back. Small value @2.5 if you think he will be able to bounce back.

SirtySree

Jasika managed to come through in 3 sets and faces Whittingham, another player which I like. Jasika @1.72 and once again, small value there if you want to take him (I'm not). Whittingham should be able to stay close in the match with his serve but don't think he will win many rallies.

SirtySree

Another quick update. Elias has been confirmed as a wildcard for Stockholm. One wildcard left which could be Mikael but most likely he'll need to go through qualifiers instead. Apparently the last wildcard is suppose to be an interesting one and I am being hopeful that it is Soderling making a comeback. Soderling is the tournamnet director and has said he isn't ready to retire yet. I have no clue if a tournament director can play in their own tournament and it is pure speculation by me that he'll play.

SirtySree

Had to bump this due to ITF Australia. 3 of my favourites into the semi-final, Mott, Jasika, and O'Connell. All 3 coming in with big wins as dogs.

Mott v Jasika should be a really good match. Both very similar players and similar skill set. Value would be on Mott @2.5 but it is only very small value at that.
    O'Connell v Jenkins should be a good match too. O'Connell upset Jenkins earlier this year so don't see why he cant again. @3.5 this is good value there but Jenkins comes into the match with better form so I am leaving it for now with a possible live bet.

Next update will be about the Stockholm Open.

SirtySree

Mikael did end up getting a wildcard, a wildcard to the qualifying draw...

Up against Sekulic who I know little to nothing about. Can't really give much of an opinion on this match apart from the fact that recent results suggest it could be a decent challenge for Ymer.

SirtySree

Match ended up being pretty 50/50 with Mikael being the slightly better player later when it counted. Came back from after losing the 1st set 6-1 and won @4.

Next up is Herbert for Mikael who is @6.5 and realistic the chances of him winning here are slim. Elias gets a 1st round match against Chardy and is pretty much in the same situation as Mikael. Both are slim hopes of winning but hopefully Mikael can somehow force his way into the main draw as he has some real talent.

SirtySree

Had to bump this up as Elias has qualified for his first grand slam. He will be versing Soeda and the odds are around 2.7 for Ymer. Personally I would consider anything over evens as fair value here but I won't be betting on it unless Ymer goes a set down as thats just my own style of betting that I follow.

SirtySree

Just an update on the Ymer match including my thoughts on it.

Odds pretty much down to even where I thought it would get. I have read around the place about how some are unsure how Ymer will respond in his first grand slam. You have to remember that this guy has been playing Davis Cup for Sweden in the past couple of years so he has been playing in 5 setters. I would think a Davis Cup match holds more pressure for a player like Ymer than a Grand Slam where there are low expectations.

Also this guy is known for not only his comeback ability but his clutchness. He has playeds the 5th and final leg of a deciding Davis Cup match on the same day 2 years in a row coincidentally and managed to pull through for Sweden both times.

Not saying Ymer will win today but simply addressing the issue of how he will respond to his first Grand Slam.

SirtySree

Worthy of a bump with the comeback Mikael Ymer made in his last match. Down 2-6 0-5 0-30, comes back to win last two sets 7-5 7-6.

Main reason why I made this thread in the first place was the fact that these two never give up and always make decent sized comebacks. Money to be make once Mikael plays regularly on the main tour.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

One of them won yesterday

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    One of them won yesterday
    Any half decent player should be beating anyone that Gulbis can beat at the moment.

Sadly both Ymer's lost today. Elias to Krajicek in a close 3 setter. 2nd set was close but Krajicek seemed to be in control of the 3rd set. Whereas, Mikael lost in straights in his finals of a junior tournament.

Clay season coming up so some potential upsets from Elias could arise. Will be surprising to see how he goes as he has changed his style of play quite a lot to try and suit hard courts but could hamper him on clay.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Hewitts back gone

First 1234