Fayt13
    Fayt13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3702

Cloudbet Cancels All Wagers on an Event Due to "Incorrect Fixture"

Hi. I already filed a complaint but I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on this matter. Is the norm for a book to cancel all live betting on a match after a match is completed due to the fact that a soccer match was listed as "U19" as opposed to the correct "U18" designation?

I placed a livebet last night on Cloudbet for Norway to score first in the first half of the game. Norway scores the first goal before halftime and the bet is initially graded a win. Only after the match is over did Cloudbet supposedly cancel all bets placed on the game due to "listing an incorrect fixture" The team names, time, odds, were correct the only "error" was that the match was listed under "U19 Friendlies" instead of being listed as "U18". I feel like I just got freerolled

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I would agree with the book cancelling if there is in fact an U18 team, if not then they should prob let it ride. They should do this before the match ends though, Id imagine they found out the mistake before the mach was over. Is there U20, U21 etc.?

Fayt13

Yes there is a U18 team and all of the above you listed but they weren't playing anywhere close to the same date or time as this game (the U18 team last played 3 days ago).

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

They likely didn't know until after the match when someone on the losing side complained the listing was incorrect and should be void.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

In fact there is a good chance someone bet it knowingly with the intention of requesting a void if it lost.

A book would normally not void unless they felt like the error was confusing enough that they genuinely had to.

Fayt13

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    In fact there is a good chance someone bet it knowingly with the intention of requesting a void if it lost.

A book would normally not void unless they felt like the error was confusing enough that they genuinely had to.
    See and I guess this is clearly subjective, but especially considering the bet was live and there was a stream/broadcast of the game available I don't see how anyone would reasonably confuse that the sides that were playing was U18 as opposed to U19.