ThousandBayer
    ThousandBayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fraud / Scam - My Time w Intertops

Update by SBR: Intertops has called the OP's registered number and emailed him several times but cannot make contact. SBR also reached out to the player twice and has not heard back from him.

I will start this out by saying, I was with intertops as my only / primary book for 5 years, I liked the fact they had been around for so long ... Im a recreational gambler, lose more than I win and bet mostly 2-3 game inter-sport parlays ... and some Golf and Nascar ...

Im not trying to do this as a living, If I was; I wouldnt be putting money on unregulated off shore books ... So I knew the risk ...

I have maybe deposited 25k onto intertops over the last 5 years .. withdrawn around 15k ... between 3 or 4 withdraws ...

Now they would always delay, standard industry tactics ... verify this, and that ... took over 7 days to get the money most times ... this last time I decided to withdraw around $900, mostly because I havnt made a withdraw in a while ... So I requested it to my coinbase wallet on Monday ... Fri comes, I get a email saying its been processed into my wallet. Im surprised, they didnt ask me to verify anything, like every other time ...

I look... nothing there ... I log into my intertops account ... see a bunch of denied deposits I didnt make from various cards, ****, Amex, ********** ... one of the deposits went through for $200 (I didnt make it) then there is a bet on a -800 soccer game, and a withdraw request ...

I call intertops, talk to security .. they basically tell me Im out of luck, I was "hacked" my money is gone. and they will soon let me know if I can reopen my account ...

Now ... I dont believe them ... I have a Chromebook I do all my gambling on ... I have thousands on Fanduel and DK, thousands on Scott Trade, all accounts I use pretty much daily ... no issues ...

It seems to me, if I was hacked, its coming from their system ... either a shady employee ... or they are playing a game w me (which doesnt make sense, I dont know why you would want to lose my business over $900) ...

anyways they told me they would call me next day ... like 4 days ago ... still no money, and account still suspended ... So I have pretty much written it off ...

dont get me wrong, Im not rich ... $900 is a decent amount of $ ... about 1/4 of what I take home a month from my job ... but its not an amount I cant get over ... I knew the risks ... I have no issue putting 100% of my money on DK from now on ... it just sucks, cuz I do like putting money on ufc events, golf and nascar ... that I dont really like playing fantasy on ...

you can take from this what you want ... I suspect its BS ... but just letting people know, So if anyone else has them do the same thing to them
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 04-05-17 at 07:12 AM. Reason: added update

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I truly hope this thread remains open until Intertops representative makes an official statement of their investigation progress as well as detailed description of security steps they are taking to prevent this from happening in the future. Repulsive!

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Sorry to hear that happened. I am also interested in a response from Intertops.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

It should be relatively easy to determine the person that logged in had a completely different ip (and even ISP) compared to your regular login data.

I also don't understand something: you said you asked for a withdrawal. Do you mean the hacker came in after you did that and changed the bitcoin withdrawal adress you gave? So he cancelled the withdrawal and started a new one? Did he ask for a bitcoin withdrawal? Or did he use his Amex card as the withdrawal method (makes sense because why would he first deposit money with it, if he wouldn't use it to withdraw more afterwards)? If it was Amex, Intertops can reverse their payment to it.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

Intertops should pay the same e-wallet number you used to deposit . you are not mistaken at all

they cheat in my opinion

ThousandBayer

Before they suspended my account, and I could go in and see the history ... I requested the withdraw on the 12th ... it was cancelled, another one submitted on the 14th (I assumed it was them, due to their 48 hour waiting period) then they sent me the email on the 17th saying they processed it to my wallet ... but the wallet address was not mine ... then on the 17th there was like 15 attempted deposits into my account, then a pending withdraw to net teller (which I cant have, im in the us) ... It kind of looked like they crossed my account w someone elses, thats what I thought at first ... but when I talked to the guy, and he was saying everything was originating from my device ... I was like, yeah, never seeing that money again.

it seems curious the deposit I submitted for the 12th was cancelled ... only they can cancel them ... then the other was submitted right after that ... So thats why i was thinking it was an employee ... or they f'ed up and sent the money to the wrong wallet address ... but that doesnt explain all the denied deposits, the one $200 one that went through, then the pending net teller withdraw, after the -800 live bet on soccer
    Last edited by ThousandBayer; 03-22-17 at 05:16 PM.

ThousandBayer

and I had balance of more than what the withdraw was for ... so my withdraw that was cancelled (that i made), was for the same exact dollar amount of the one that went through, where I never got the money ... I dont know why if my account was hacked ... they wouldnt withdraw the whole entire amount of the balance in there ... and not the same exact amount of the withdraw I requested

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by ThousandBayer View Post
    I will start this out by saying, I was with intertops as my only / primary book for 5 years, I liked the fact they had been around for so long ... Im a recreational gambler, lose more than I win and bet mostly 2-3 game inter-sport parlays ... and some Golf and Nascar ...

Im not trying to do this as a living, If I was; I wouldnt be putting money on unregulated off shore books ... So I knew the risk ...

I have maybe deposited 25k onto intertops over the last 5 years .. withdrawn around 15k ... between 3 or 4 withdraws ...

Now they would always delay, standard industry tactics ... verify this, and that ... took over 7 days to get the money most times ... this last time I decided to withdraw around $900, mostly because I havnt made a withdraw in a while ... So I requested it to my coinbase wallet on Monday ... Fri comes, I get a email saying its been processed into my wallet. Im surprised, they didnt ask me to verify anything, like every other time ...

I look... nothing there ... I log into my intertops account ... see a bunch of denied deposits I didnt make from various cards, ****, Amex, ********** ... one of the deposits went through for $200 (I didnt make it) then there is a bet on a -800 soccer game, and a withdraw request ...

I call intertops, talk to security .. they basically tell me Im out of luck, I was "hacked" my money is gone. and they will soon let me know if I can reopen my account ...

Now ... I dont believe them ... I have a Chromebook I do all my gambling on ... I have thousands on Fanduel and DK, thousands on Scott Trade, all accounts I use pretty much daily ... no issues ...

It seems to me, if I was hacked, its coming from their system ... either a shady employee ... or they are playing a game w me (which doesnt make sense, I dont know why you would want to lose my business over $900) ...

anyways they told me they would call me next day ... like 4 days ago ... still no money, and account still suspended ... So I have pretty much written it off ...

dont get me wrong, Im not rich ... $900 is a decent amount of $ ... about 1/4 of what I take home a month from my job ... but its not an amount I cant get over ... I knew the risks ... I have no issue putting 100% of my money on DK from now on ... it just sucks, cuz I do like putting money on ufc events, golf and nascar ... that I dont really like playing fantasy on ...

you can take from this what you want ... I suspect its BS ... but just letting people know, So if anyone else has them do the same thing to them
    Definitely a strange one.

Hard to say much without knowing why they think it's a hacker through your system and will be tough to argue against if the transactions really happened from your device.

I'd wait until you hear back and they may surprise you still. As you say 900 bucks should be neither here nor there if you are a good customer and it looks like you are telling the truth.

And if they dont look after you or explain to your satisfaction, shoot in a complaint form like JJ said.

ThousandBayer

It would be a pleasant surprise and I would def. come back on the thread and sing their praises if they did ... I know a lot of people dont like the lines, etc at intertops ... but I think most their betters are small time parlay bettors anyway ... I never paid much attention to the lines. I do it for entertainment on the wknds ... and the 3-4 times I withdrew, they did pay ... over 3k each time ... but Like i said, its was only $900 ... I was gonna blow that on 2-5 nl one wk night, and probably re-deposit it in like 2 months time anyways ... I know for a fact there is no way I was hacked from my end though ... thats complete bullshit ... only thing that erked me was being told to watch for a phone call the next day ... So I did ... only to not hear anything again, now 3-4 days later ... account still suspended, no email.

Optional

Hopefully taking a few days means they are looking into it properly.

As far as being hacked, they won't listen to demands that "there is no way I have been hacked". That just makes you sound unreasonable or in denial. But a very good thing you can do is to do what you can to make sure your system is clean, and tell them you have done that. A very good free service is available at http://malwareremoval.com . A trained person takes you through a bunch of steps and it's probably the best way available to be 99% sure your system is clean.

ThousandBayer

thanks ... I will chk that out ... and I dont mean to sound unreasonable ... to me it just seems weird I dont have any issue until I request a withdraw ... and like I said ... I had more in the account than what the original withdraw request was ... So why would someone cancel my withdraw request (which I dont even think is possible) ... then make the same exact $ amount request to a different bit coin wallet ... leaving me money in my account.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ThousandBayer View Post
    thanks ... I will chk that out ... and I dont mean to sound unreasonable ... to me it just seems weird I dont have any issue until I request a withdraw ... and like I said ... I had more in the account than what the original withdraw request was ... So why would someone cancel my withdraw request (which I dont even think is possible) ... then make the same exact $ amount request to a different bit coin wallet ... leaving me money in my account.
    Maybe they thought it would look more legit to just change the payout address and leave the amount the same?

ThousandBayer

Maybe ... The Conclusion I draw is probably gonna depend on their answer why the original withdraw request was cancelled ... and if that was cancelled and the one put in 2 days later, was in-fact a entirely new request .... why wasnt that one cancelled as well?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Intertops is reviewing the circumstances of this one.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Intertops are crooks and cheats. They cheated me out of over $800 recently. SBR unfortunately wasn't any help since Intertops is a sponsor of theirs. I don't know why people use them or are an A rated book. Hope you get your money.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Intertops are crooks and cheats. They cheated me out of over $800 recently. SBR unfortunately wasn't any help since Intertops is a sponsor of theirs. I don't know why people use them or are an A rated book. Hope you get your money.
    SBR did try to help you but Intertops have a rule that caps maximum winnings from no-deposit bonuses and insisted they were sticking to it.

It also makes it tough for SBR to argue for goodwill when you have never made a deposit there after years of being a member.

But we did try for you.

It's disappointing when people we try to help come back trolling other threads attacking SBR for not getting the result you want. Please take any further comments about your case back to your own thread if you want to continue with this.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

So that guy won money off some deposit free promotion, didn't read the fine print, asked for help from SBR. Then after SBR tried to help even though he was wrong, he shits all over SBR.
    You have a lot of patience Optional...

NatureBoy 100k
    NatureBoy 100k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 643

What ended up happening here?

Canada
    Intertops Sucks
    Canada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

hopefully this keeps Intertops from an A+ rating as they do not deserve it. Cant believe they have an A rating, should be blacklisted. There are so many other books, no need to use Intertops!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    hopefully this keeps Intertops from an A+ rating as they do not deserve it. Cant believe they have an A rating, should be blacklisted. There are so many other books, no need to use Intertops!
    what are you talking about?

the creator of the thread never answered calls or emails, was only here to tell a story apparently

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Pretty rare to see a complaint against Intertops on these boards. 99.9% not having issues or you'd see it here. I use them and have never had an issue. I'm guessing there's more to this.