hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

What's the Better Bonus?

100% cash or 200% free play?
    Let's take rollover responsibilities out of the equation.

I figured it's about exactly even?
    Would like some opinions please and thank you in advance.

ezeemunee
    ezeemunee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

you have to take the rollover into consideration. if they both have the same rollover requirement then the 200% free play would be the better option

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

200% free play if they let you play big dogs with it

lay the dog or take the favourite at another book or exchange
    you should be able to net at least 185% and have no rollover requirement (assuming the dog loses!)

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    100% cash or 200% free play?
    Let's take rollover responsibilities out of the equation.

I figured it's about exactly even?
    Would like some opinions please and thank you in advance.
    I think so too because the 100% cash you keep everything and get the entire amount . The 200% seems better but you do not get to keep the FP amount just the winnings so it pretty much breaks even. A $200 cash at 100% is $400 if you win are at $800 . A $200 with a 200% FP is $400 still comes out at even money at $800 ($200 +$200 +$400).

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    200% free play if they let you play big dogs with it

lay the dog or take the favourite at another book or exchange
    you should be able to net at least 185% and have no rollover requirement (assuming the dog loses!)
    Well, I think it's about even. However, as captrobey mentioned it's about the same when you do the math because the real cash is already in your account, but with free plays you have to first win it in as real cash. When you bet free plays, you feel like you should be betting dogs on every play. This way you don't automatically lose juice. However, with real cash of course you can play favorites and win not lose any juice. I actually think the cash is better if the rollover is exactly the same. Just because of the juice you lose on free plays makes you bet the dogs and probably could lower your winning percentage depending on the sport.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

The better option is the free play. Bet 3 team parlays with it, break it into small pieces. You should get approximately 75% of it.

Hareeba!

Well, I think it's about even. However, as captrobey mentioned it's about the same when you do the math because the real cash is already in your account, but with free plays you have to first win it in as real cash. When you bet free plays, you feel like you should be betting dogs on every play. This way you don't automatically lose juice. However, with real cash of course you can play favorites and win not lose any juice. I actually think the cash is better if the rollover is exactly the same. Just because of the juice you lose on free plays makes you bet the dogs and probably could lower your winning percentage depending on the sport.
    Disagree.
    This is how you should use free plays:

$200 free play on a 10/1 dog will win you $2,000.

Lay the dog / back the favourite at 1/11 (1.0909) for $2000 will net you a profit of $181.82

Of course you'd net zilch should the dog win but I've found this policy pays off nicely. And the added advantage is that you have no rollover requirement to fulfill.

captrobey

Disagree.
    This is how you should use free plays:

$200 free play on a 10/1 dog will win you $2,000.

Lay the dog / back the favourite at 1/11 (1.0909) for $2000 will net you a profit of $181.82

Of course you'd net zilch should the dog win but I've found this policy pays off nicely. And the added advantage is that you have no rollover requirement to fulfill.
    Yea but if you took $200 of the cash bonus and do the same bet you still win the same amount dont you?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Yea but if you took $200 of the cash bonus and do the same bet you still win the same amount dont you?
    Isn't the offer either a $100 cash bonus or $200 free play?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

yes. i don't think you'll have a chance to win too many 3 team parlays. plus, although not mentioned as we know you can't use the free play as a parlay. it's straight only. so that's out. plus, we also know they have limits on how big of a dog you can play as well. I think the cash is better or about the same. It seems others like the free play better for the most part.

Hareeba!

yes. i don't think you'll have a chance to win too many 3 team parlays. plus, although not mentioned as we know you can't use the free play as a parlay. it's straight only. so that's out. plus, we also know they have limits on how big of a dog you can play as well. I think the cash is better or about the same. It seems others like the free play better for the most part.
    which shitty book is this, not permitting parlays or dogs?

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

which shitty book is this, not permitting parlays or dogs?
    Might be youwager or a sister book, I think they don't allow free plays use on parlays.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Youwager/Betpop allows you to play dogs up to +160 or something like that.No parlays

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Youwager/Betpop allows you to play dogs up to +160 or something like that.No parlays
    +160 !!
    you call that a dog?
    a chihuahua perhaps!

captrobey

He said 100 % cash or 200% FP so if you deposit more you get more . I see what you are saying though you would win more with a parlay .

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

The 200% free play because you can easily extract 60% of that

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Probably looking at BetPhoenix in which case you have to rollover 18x of your free play winnings or 18x of the cash so no difference really. You might win more with the free play but you have to roll 18x so they are still going to get it back.