bettinggirl
    bettinggirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Bodog seized my account

I am new to this sports betting and regretted of doing this now. I made a deposit to Bodog on Nov 2016 for $500 by credit card. I made some bets successfully and built up on the balance to around $2000. On Dec 23, 2016, Bodog disabled my account and put it under review, claiming that it shared information with other accounts. They also asked me for a copy of my ID and credit card. I complied with their request and sent them the information. From the period of Dec 24, 2016 to Jan 6, 2017. They never gave me a formal reply despite multiple follow-up emails. On Jan 9, 2017, I called and inquired about my account status. A gentleman asked me if I knew certain individual who shared with my last name "Lee", which was the most common last name in the world. He also asked me if I remember any wager I made in the account for which I genuinely did not remember because it was over 3 weeks ago. Due to those absurb reasons, they decided to seize my balance and refunded my initial deposit. He said he believed I did not own the account. I was completely speechless when I heard that and really did not know how to reply.

I told this incident to my friend and he recommended SBR to me. I made a complaint to SBR on Jan 9 and still heard nothing from them at this point. All I knew was the case is being managed by Bill.

Really do not know what else I can do.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

It's tough being a female betting online. Always under extra suspicion as so many men use their wife/GF ID to open second accounts.

Honestly, if you could not answer questions about the account activity that is enough for many books to cancel a female's account on it's own. But I am sure Bill will be asking them if they have more proof than that for you.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

OP pull the other one its got bells on it lolololololol

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

they did the same to me about 12 years ago,stole $24,000 from me,I did nothing wrong,no duplicate accounts,no charge backs,no nothing.So this is common practice from them,nothing new here,they will rot in hell

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Hi bettinggirl,

Are you the only one handling the issue on behalf of the bodog account in question? I ask because I am trading emails with someone including a reply to the email on the 9th.

We are still waiting for answers to the questions regarding your roomates and if you actually do know the person with the same name mentioned in the post, etc. If you email or PM me your phone number I can call you.

ezeemunee
    ezeemunee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

seems like a common practice for Bodog to seize account and steal players funds while providing no real explanation.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by ezeemunee View Post
    seems like a common practice for Bodog to seize account and steal players funds while providing no real explanation.
    Its common with the UK books. They deem fraud and its game over. In 15 years and maybe thousands of Bodog player interacting with SBR we have never seen that. There is more to the OP's case than posted and it is currently with Bodog for their consideration.

N-Tsunami
    N-Tsunami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hey bettinggirl,

Any updates ? How did you resolve the issue with Bodog ?

Sam_Blue213445
    Update your status
    Sam_Blue213445's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Any update here?

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

Bodog seized my account and my friends account 10 yrs ago because he logged in and used my laptop to make a halftime bet. They said that since two accounts had bets made with the same IP address, both accounts were fraudulent and the funds were seized from both of us.

ezeemunee

best never to use open WIFI or any type of free internet when placing wagers.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by ezeemunee View Post
    best never to use open WIFI or any type of free internet when placing wagers.
    I would think that open wifi is fairly safe to use as long as it's a busy public wifi hotspot. It would be completely unreasonable for a book to seize the account of somebody using McDonald's wifi because one of the million other customers who logged in at that location placed a wager at the same book.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I would think that open wifi is fairly safe to use as long as it's a busy public wifi hotspot. It would be completely unreasonable for a book to seize the account of somebody using McDonald's wifi because one of the million other customers who logged in at that location placed a wager at the same book.
    It is always completely unreasonable to unjustly seize accounts of players?

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

This thread has three players that have been screwed by Bodog, hopefully others will think twice before depositing there

ezeemunee

yea...but you use open WIFI, you always leave yourself open to the possibility they can seize your account and funds, citing shared common IP address. it's probably fine if you always losing and sending them money, but I would be worried if you ever win a sizable amount with them and have placed wagers on open WIFI in the past.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

Quote Originally Posted by N-Tsunami View Post
    Hey bettinggirl,

Any updates ? How did you resolve the issue with Bodog ?
    Yeah why didn't this guy, girl, or Trans Jenner come back and update the thread?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Yeah why didn't this guy, girl, or Trans Jenner come back and update the thread?
    My guess is that the unanswered question from Bill from 20th Jan and then this comment is a clue;
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    There is more to the OP's case than posted

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

anyone thats says they are new to the game in a thread and 1st post =scammer