ezeemunee
    ezeemunee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

BetPhoenix 2% Bitcoin Payout Fee

Edit by SBR: BetPhoenix has advised us that effective immediately they are no longer charging fees for bitcoin withdrawals.

__

Are these guys the only ones left that charge 2% fee for Bitcoin payouts? Seems really out-of -line with industry standards. Would expect more out of a B-rated book. Never did understand how they can justify charging a 2% fee when the actual Bitcoin fee is so nominal.
    Last edited by SBR Forum; Today at 12:32 PM. Reason: added reply

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Of course there's no justification for it. It's like a handling fee at ticketmaster, on top of shipping fees. Just complete bullshit.

ezeemunee

I'm ok with fees associated with checks and P2P etc, because there's processors or a third party involved. But c'mon...with Bitcoin, you click a few buttons and the funds are sent. BetPhoenix and their whole family of books needs to get with the program (and the times) and quit trying to rape their players with these ridiculous fees! They will never be A-rated bc they always find ways to screw their players.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 5400

Quote Originally Posted by ezeemunee View Post
    I'm ok with fees associated with checks and P2P etc, because there's processors or a third party involved. But c'mon...with Bitcoin, you click a few buttons and the funds are sent. BetPhoenix and their whole family of books needs to get with the program (and the times) and quit trying to rape their players with these ridiculous fees! They will never be A-rated bc they always find ways to screw their players.
    I'm not saying a withdraw fee is a good idea. I'm very glad that Betonline dropped theirs.

But these arguments are actually a bit ridiculous, not the fee.

There is a risk of loss associated with holding bitcoin and exchange premiums if they don't. There is also the same amount of admin time involved.

There is clearly a cost to books in using bitcoin and as people who use it a lot will know, 1-2% is about the expected loss during transfer doing it any 'easy way'.

The fee isn't unreasonable or unjustifiable. It's just unpalatable.

I agree the book should absorb it if they want me to play there. But I have no problem with them choosing to charge a reasonable fee if they want.

We all have choices to make.
    250pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY3rd Place 1/9/2017

375pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY2nd Place 12/30/2016

600pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY1st Place 12/19/2016

World
    Poker
    Cup 2nd place

$20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016

ezeemunee

Good points Optional. My biggest gripe is that most books that I know don't charge a "fee" for Bitcoin payout....except for BetPhoenix. They should follow the lead of industry leaders like BetOnline and eliminate these fees altogether.

ezeemunee

Another problem I have with BetPhoenix in relation to Bitcoin deposits is that...I always get credited for less than what I actually send. I understand it's based on market fluctuations of Bitcoin value from the time its sent to the time it's processed/credited...but it should go both ways. When bitcoin value plummeted, I lost as much as 10% with my deposits. But never have I been credited with more than the value of what I sent even if Bitcoin value increases during the time it takes for my deposit to process.
    Last edited by ezeemunee; 01-11-17 at 01:05 AM.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1969

I had no idea BetPhoenix was still around.

jyney
    jyney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

books better get with the times, bitcoin payouts should be 7 days a week and take less than 3 hours

Hopefully
    Hopefully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by jyney View Post
    books better get with the times, bitcoin payouts should be 7 days a week and take less than 3 hours

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10002

It kind of shows you who has a lot of bitcoin volume, who wants bitcoin biz, and who feels like they have to offer not to be excluded in the conversation. I think BOL had successful processing if not some of the best and probably didnt feel the need to promote a method other books really needed. Now they are seeing the future in it. Phoenix will have no choice to come around because its such a bad-taste fee.

Its like getting a great price on ebay but paying 3x the shipping rate. Its still the best deal overall but you leave saying fack this guy. It takes the merchant time to realize what the spirit of bitcoin is... free and instant. They dont always jump in with both feet to start.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO

play at betonline

free

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

puckk
    puckk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Quote Originally Posted by ezeemunee View Post
    Are these guys the only ones left that charge 2% fee for Bitcoin payouts? Seems really out-of -line with industry standards. Would expect more out of a B-rated book. Never did understand how they can justify charging a 2% fee when the actual Bitcoin fee is so nominal.

betusa charges 5%

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

play at betonline

free

JJ

what is the TOTAL amount you have offshore with SBR Sponsors ?

SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post

last check itops was 2 days to process and 2 more days to complete and you get what it is on day 4. i read here 2 days for another major book people use ere

who in their right mind gambles like that ?

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Of course there's no justification for it. It's like a handling fee at ticketmaster, on top of shipping fees. Just complete bullshit.
    $40 to park at a basketball game

give them the cash and they hand you a ticket to put on your dash that says "if your car broken into it is not our fault"

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

JJ

what is the TOTAL amount you have offshore with SBR Sponsors ?

guessing

>200.00

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

who in there right mind would deposit their money on a site like betphoenix over reputable ones guaranteed to give you hassle free payouts like 5dimes and heritage is beyond me

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7494

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    who in there right mind would deposit their money on a site like betphoenix over reputable ones guaranteed to give you hassle free payouts like 5dimes and heritage is beyond me
    For their large bonuses they generally offer

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    5 Dimes? LMAO you must not take payouts, bro.

SBR Forum
    Update your status
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 223375

BetPhoenix has advised us that effective immediately they are no longer charging fees for bitcoin withdrawals.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post

BetPhoenix has advised us that effective immediately they are no longer charging fees for bitcoin withdrawals.

The POWER of SBR

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7494

does this go for Skybook also? and any chance of them refunding bitcoin withdraw costs if you took a payout in the last 30 days or so?? work your magic SBR!

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10002

Great to see Phoenix is listening to the player's voice and in time for potential super bowl signups.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005