holzhaur
    holzhaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1545

Bookmaker cancels live bets after confirmation

I placed two maximum live bets on Miami+24.5 when the Dolphins were trailing 30-6. Bookmaker confirmed both bets, but several minutes later (with the Dolphins driving for a score), the bets were cancelled due to a 'bad line'. What exactly constitutes an obviously bad line in live betting?

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

If you laid some juice it should have been a good bet.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by holzhaur View Post
    I placed two maximum live bets on Miami+24.5 when the Dolphins were trailing 30-6. Bookmaker confirmed both bets, but several minutes later (with the Dolphins driving for a score), the bets were cancelled due to a 'bad line'. What exactly constitutes an obviously bad line in live betting?
    It's very tough with live betting as there is rarely a way to make a fair comparison.

+24.5 sounds right so I assume either the bet listing had an error in it or the odds were 'wrong'.

In general, they can cancel these sort of bets if they do it fast like here. But if not picked up until later, they should re-adjust the odds to whatever they say the correct number is and pay out at that. (if it was a listing error everything gets cancelled at any time)

Have you asked them for the exact problem that made it a 'bad line'?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

what was the exact line and juice that you got and itll be easier to see if it was obvious

holzhaur

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Have you asked them for the exact problem that made it a 'bad line'?
    Live chat claimed it should have been +24.5 -126 instead of +24.5 +126. (For those of you who don't live bet, it is normal for a line to move 50 cents in a few seconds.)

They did cancel it in a matter of minutes as opposed to hours. Of course, Miami was marching down the field at that point.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Live chat claimed it should have been +24.5 -126 instead of +24.5 +126. (For those of you who don't live bet, it is normal for a line to move 50 cents in a few seconds.)

They did cancel it in a matter of minutes as opposed to hours. Of course, Miami was marching down the field at that point.
    Talk to them calmly and see if theyll pay you with the line it was suppose to be. I've been with them for awhile if you havent had any issues jumping on bad lines in the past and have been with them for a little while i could see them doing that
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave goduke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Not that big of a difference there. That is super annoying. How much money were the max bets for ? I know at different times of the game they have different maximums up.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

I know the exact commercial you bet it and saw the line. I can confirm OP placed the bet at a time the line was supposed to be -23.5. It was a 24 pt game at the time and the 1 pt was a big difference that late in the game, and a justified cancel.

rangerz2478

Every other major site out there (including pinnacle) had the line at 23.5 small plus for miami. Early in the game, itd be a bad cancel but that late in the 4th, they had no choice.

UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5878

I actually live bet it at betonline at 23.5 +100 and then Miami started driving then instantly went to 24.5 -150.

holzhaur

The difference between 24.5 and 23.5 was definitely enormous at that point. Live chat's claim was that the issue was with the odds and not the spread, but who knows whether that person was correctly informed.

Edit: spoke with a supervisor who confirmed that the problem was "long juice", not the spread. Still, no dice getting paid at the worse price.
    Last edited by holzhaur; 01-09-17 at 11:16 AM.

rangerz2478

The difference between 24.5 and 23.5 was definitely enormous at that point. Live chat's claim was that the issue was with the odds and not the spread, but who knows whether that person was correctly informed.

Edit: spoke with a supervisor who confirmed that the problem was "long juice", not the spread. Still, no dice getting paid at the worse price.
    Well even the supervisor was misinformed then. Cause the juice is exactly what it should've been on the 23.5, they just messed up the number and put it out on the number they had it on the previous commercial.

UBNVS

Either way they knew they were beat. Steelers were playing prevent and the odds of fins getting a td were huge.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Quote Originally Posted by UBNVS View Post
    Either way they knew they were beat. Steelers were playing prevent and the odds of fins getting a td were huge.
    It was 24.5 no need for a score

UBNVS

Yeah. Why they knew we're beat. Pitt wasn't trying to score again.