Fabiossi
    Fabiossi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Pinnacle not paying my won bet

Hi all, sorry for my bad english i'll try to do my best .
    I played this bet yesterday.
    Tomas Berdych (+1.5 Sets)

Tomas Berdych (+1.5 Sets) -vs- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (-1.5 Sets)

Tsonga won 2-1 so berdych +1,5 sets should be paid but they refunded my bet saying that the third match wasn't played but it was, the only "problem" is that it was played at tie-break. But if they wanted to refund the bet since they knew the rule of the tournament they shouldn't have let me play this bet. Am i right?
    Please help me, i tried to contact them but they are irremovable

Have a nice day!

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Seems to me Tsonga won the 2nd set so Pinnacle should settle this accordingly, 3rd set fully played or not.

tsty
    tsty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4345

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    Seems to me Tsonga won the 2nd set so Pinnacle should settle this accordingly, 3rd set fully played or not.
    3. Sets Betting:

If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Set betting wagers will be considered void. Such wagers will be cancelled and the monies refunded.
    Example: If we offer Player A (-1.5 sets or -2.5 sets ) vs Player B (+1.5 sets or +2.5 sets) the match must be completed. If the match is not completed, wagers on that line are void. If we offer Player A to win exactly 2 sets to 1 or Player B to win exactly 2 sets to 1, those lines would be canceled and refunded in the case of a retirement as well.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiossi View Post

Tsonga won 2-1 so berdych +1,5 sets should be paid but they refunded my bet saying that the third match wasn't played but it was, the only "problem" is that it was played at tie-break. But if they wanted to refund the bet since they knew the rule of the tournament they shouldn't have let me play this bet. Am i right?

Have a nice day!
    They have a weird tie break game at that tourney if it is even after 2 sets. Not really a third set. I assume this is why they are saying it doesn't count.

tsty

Have a nice day!
    This shouldn't be an issue since you can just link them an official result and all should be fine..

Fabiossi
    Fabiossi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Dear Client,

Our traders have informed that the handicaps and total for this match were posted for a match to be played best of 2 out of 3 sets.

However, that did not happen as they played a super tiebreak in the third (10-3), therefore your wager has been cancelled.

That's what they answered to me, even linkin them the official result.

Should i insist or just surrender?

Optional

Dear Client,

Our traders have informed that the handicaps and total for this match were posted for a match to be played best of 2 out of 3 sets.

However, that did not happen as they played a super tiebreak in the third (10-3), therefore your wager has been cancelled.

That's what they answered to me, even linkin them the official result.

Should i insist or just surrender?
    They are saying all betting is cancelled as the bet was incorrectly listed. Which makes sense as a +1.5 line is redundant in a 2 set + TB match.

There is really no use trying to insist on being paid.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I think they've made a mistake here, tbh. Voiding game handicap and game totals makes sense because the 3rd set is not composed of games. A 1.5set handicap isn't affected by that - there were 3 completed sets.

Another way to look at it: Berdych won a set, so even if the 3rd had been a normal set, the bet would have cashed. How that 3rd set was played made no difference to the result. It doesn't even affect the pricing in this case because the match was a 55/45 at most.

Like Optional says though, not worth pushing to be paid - Pinnacle have been known to boot people who make a fuss.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Unfortunately its a void bet, their rules do mandate this too. Its an unusual situation, but a fair decision.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

op, thanks for posting. this is very interesting...

i'm thinking that if they pay you then they end up paying tons of people. they pay you as if it's a 3 set match and then they pay others who say "hey, that wasn't a 3rd set at all"

given the format and that they didn't know about the format i think their action is inevitable. it's unfortunate.

Alfa1234

Quote Originally Posted by tsty View Post
    3. Sets Betting:

If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Set betting wagers will be considered void. Such wagers will be cancelled and the monies refunded.
    Example: If we offer Player A (-1.5 sets or -2.5 sets ) vs Player B (+1.5 sets or +2.5 sets) the match must be completed. If the match is not completed, wagers on that line are void. If we offer Player A to win exactly 2 sets to 1 or Player B to win exactly 2 sets to 1, those lines would be canceled and refunded in the case of a retirement as well.
    This is irrelevant. There was a third set and it was fully played, it does not stipulate the set needs to consist of 6 games.

Optional

This is irrelevant. There was a third set and it was fully played, it does not stipulate the set needs to consist of 6 games.
    The problem is that there was not a third set at all.

There was what is called a Match Tiebreaker. Like a regular tie break but to 10 points instead of 7 like a Set Tiebreaker.

Pinny stuffed up listing the handicap for a 3 set match.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The problem is that there was not a third set at all.

There was what is called a Match Tiebreaker. Like a regular tie break but to 10 points instead of 7 like a Set Tiebreaker.

Pinny stuffed up listing the handicap for a 3 set match.
    I think Pinnacle should be paying on this bet, notwithstanding they seem not to have known the format.
    The Match Tiebreaker is for all intents and purposes a third set.
    I've never bet on doubles under this format but I've always seen scoring and reports of such matches refer to the MT as a third set. Don't bookies offer set handicaps based on a 3 set format for doubles?

Alfa1234

Quote from the tournament rules, they call it a set:

"The 3rd place and 5th place matches will be played best of 3 sets with a super tiebreak to 10 points determining the 3rd set."

Hareeba!

Quote from the tournament rules, they call it a set:

"The 3rd place and 5th place matches will be played best of 3 sets with a super tiebreak to 10 points determining the 3rd set."
    It was up to Pinnacle to be aware of that rule and should thus honour the bet.

tsty

How isn't it relevant?

It's in their terms and conditions

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Reason #1843 not to bet tennis...

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

I think Pinnacle should be paying on this bet, notwithstanding they seem not to have known the format.
    The Match Tiebreaker is for all intents and purposes a third set.
    I've never bet on doubles under this format but I've always seen scoring and reports of such matches refer to the MT as a third set. Don't bookies offer set handicaps based on a 3 set format for doubles?
    I think I would lean toward just paying out as goodwill and giving the trader a slap on the wrist too. But don't agree that is the same as a third set for the purposes of setting odds.

tsty

no they should not pay at all lol

read their terms and conditions

it's not hard

Alfa1234

3. Sets Betting:

Irrelevant.

Quoted from the Pinnacle rules:

"Pro Set:If a match is decided on a Pro Set, instead of the normal length of the match, all wagers are refunded except wagers on the 1st set line and the match money line."

Probably relevant, I'm guessing they are pointing to this in their rules...

HeeeHAWWWW

Quoted from the Pinnacle rules:
    "Pro Set:If a match is decided on a Pro Set, instead of the normal length of the match, all wagers are refunded except wagers on the 1st set line and the match money line."
    A pro set is where the winner is first to 8 games, then usually a tiebreak at 8-8.

Hareeba!

no they should not pay at all lol

read their terms and conditions

it's not hard
    where specifically do their T&C support that stance?

tsty

where specifically do their T&C support that stance?
    the parts linked above?

Hareeba!

the parts linked above?
    Nothing I've read here from Pinnacle's rules justifies their action.
    So what parts are you referring to?

tsty

Nothing I've read here from Pinnacle's rules justifies their action.
    So what parts are you referring to?
    The part where a set bet isn't paid if the set isn't played?

Just because you think it is irrelevant if the third match is played or not doesn't mean they do.

Like I said it's your responsibility as a better to read some basic terms

HeeeHAWWWW

The part you quoted only states: "If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification...."

There was no retirement or disqualification here, so that doesn't apply.Also, there was a 3rd set, see Alfa's quote from the tournament rules above.

Hareeba!

Just because you think it is irrelevant if the third match is played or not doesn't mean they do.

Like I said it's your responsibility as a better to read some basic terms
    HeeeHAWWWW has responded with an excellent rebuttal of that argument.

I would add also that it is the bookie's responsibility to better read the conditions under which a tournament is to be conducted.

But one thing isn't clear to me from the OP's story. Did Pinnacle void the bet before or after the match started?

If it wasn't before then I strongly believe they should be honouring the wager.