Seanthewinna
    Seanthewinna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Circle issue

I am trying to get my wallet address to receive bitcoin in my circle account. I used to go to setting and there was my address tab where I can get an address to receive bitcoin.. that address tab is no longer there.. anyone else has same issue?? How the hell am I supposed to receive bitcoin without an address??

Sabear
    Sabear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

From the BTC wallet page. I click the "scan" label in the upper right corner. Then "my address "

Seanthewinna
    Seanthewinna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

You must be using android, right? On my iPhone, I had to go to setting and click "my address"... which is no longer available.

Sabear

Did you ever figure this out? I'm on iPhone and am having issues now.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Circle no longer buys/sells bitcoin....but you can still send btc to circle using old wallet addresses and then cashing out to bank account.

Sabear

Thanks for the info. How would I go about finding my old address for circle? I used it several times in the past.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by Sabear View Post
    Thanks for the info. How would I go about finding my old address for circle? I used it several times in the past.
    I dont think you can. If you account was converted to cash account you will not be able to find your old address (at least I was told you cannot)

Memento

Quote Originally Posted by Sabear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I dont think you can. If you account was converted to cash account you will not be able to find your old address (at least I was told you cannot)
    If you sent it from blockchain to circle in past, simply go back and look at your transaction sent list...match up dates and amounts with circle received list to confirm address. I sent btc to circle yesterday with old address....worked fine.
    Last edited by Memento; 12-21-16 at 12:15 AM.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    If you sent it from blockchain to circle in past, simply go back and look at your transaction sent list...match up dates and amounts with circle received list to confirm address. I sent btc to circle yesterday with old address....worked fine.
    yes, just did a test run and used an old address and it worked fine. now I can send it to my bank from here for free? also, I presume i have to convert to dollars, and if so will i still be able to receive bitcoin again one I change my currency to dollars?

Memento

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    yes, just did a test run and used an old address and it worked fine. now I can send it to my bank from here for free? also, I presume i have to convert to dollars, and if so will i still be able to receive bitcoin again one I change my currency to dollars?
    Yes....you can send to bank for free. If your settings are in btc, you need to convert to dollars but you can still receive btc using old addresses. It will simply be in dollars when it hits circle.

temple2010

Yes....you can send to bank for free. If your settings are in btc, you need to convert to dollars but you can still receive btc using old addresses. It will simply be in dollars when it hits circle.
    thanks for the info

Sabear

Thanks. This worked like a charm. I wonder for how long...

temple2010

Taking into the consideration of bitcoin prices between both coinbase and circle and the fee coinbase charges to withdraw by ACH- which one is the less expensive option?

Memento

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    Taking into the consideration of bitcoin prices between both coinbase and circle and the fee coinbase charges to withdraw by ACH- which one is the less expensive option?
    Circle is free to transfer to ACH and they dont seem to convert at a different rate anymore....you basically get what you send from blockchain less miner fees..at least I dont notice much difference in amounts.