Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

5Dimes just changed the line of a wager after I bet it

Tonight:

Atlanta Hawks were up 52-35 at halftime. Nearly every night, 5 dimes will put out essentially a 2nd half line for the team winning and it essentially works as a ML. In this case, it was Atlanta Hawks 2nd half +17 at juice of -1750. So I bet $35 to win $2.

I check back into my account, expecting the money to be in there, and I see that the bet is graded a loss because the line had been changed to +8 with the juice still being -1750?????

I contact 5dimes to say this is definitely a wrong line (as evidence by the juice), and not what I bet - and they would not change it. They continued to grade it a loss. Horse shit.

Every time 5 dimes put out a line that is wrong, to the players advantage, and the player takes it - they almost always void it. If it's a wrong line, ti's voided. And this was either a wrong line, or they blatantly changed it.

These fuckers just stole $37 from me. And I know that's hardly anything, but the fact they wouldn't even change void that bet when the cost to them is nothing, and it was a wrong line - f these fools.

They must be in some serious financial problems is they aren't fixing stuff that is this freaking small, and I've been betting there for 3 years. I'm done with them. Mickey Mouse book.

11/16/16 8:41pm $35.00 $2.00 $0.00 Loss 11/16/16 7:35pm NBA Basketball 508 Atlanta Hawks 2nd Half +8 -1750* <small style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">vs</small> Milwaukee Bucks

I know when I made this bet, it was +17, that's the only way that line even makes sense at that price.

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Second half line was Atl +2.5, you are 100% correct no way you would be laying close to -2000 for 5.5pts.

Plaza23

I talked online with them and this dumb bitch said the line was correct lol....I explained to her that it could not possibly be. Plus, if +8 really was -1750, then -8 had to have been +1000 and I guarantee they would have voided that to anyone that took it
    and claimed it was a bad line.

I told her I was going to start a thread at SBR and let everyone know here what a cheap ass operation they are running and hopefully those that can choose to play anywhere else (bookmaker, Pinnacle) do play somewhere else.

I don't know why $35 is so freaking important to them when it was their mistake, but hey. If they think $35 is more important than the negative publicity, then I'm more than willing to share my case.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

Their front line customer service are pretty clueless when it comes to any bet that you make. I once had an email discussion with one who claimed that even though a baseball player didn't play in a game, my bets on him stood and under no circumstances would be voided. Even when i told him that I would then just bet against every player they posted who wasn't starting and clean their book out he stood firm on his stance. Just take it to a manager and it should get straightened out.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Never heard of 5dimes changing a bet after the fact but I can agree with OP that -1750 should only be for +17.

futbolmundial
    Update your status
    futbolmundial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

They have been doing this for years.....same issue I once had with them and it was atleast 5 years ago. I bet a 2nd h line, fav was down by 6 at half. 2nd h line was -4 to the fave at -110 I ended up taking it at -5.5 @ + money. They voided it after I thought it won. The ml option was less than the -5.5 line I played perhaps they couldn't stand to lose an extra few cents (price) on my wager. This aswell as the dual lines, bad teaser lines and bad cs was too much to endure whilst playing there... they aren't a mickey mouse book but they sure as heck don't treat the bettor the right way.... once I asked for a payout (2k check) told me 1 week, 2 weeks after Tony Williams told me via chat that the checks never went out....... then he put the 2k in my acct and said we are now even...... thanks for putting my 2k in my acct Mr. Tony...... we are even for sure. Piece of shit owner with no regard for the player....

dreamchaser
    dreamchaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

I have heard stories like this at 5dimes...I also have heard of the managers beings jerks when it comes to resolving issues. I've not had these issues yet, luckily. For live betting, I've had good experiences so far with BetOnline. Their juice is more reasonable in many cases, and I've not yet seen an issue with a line change or bad line.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I talked online with them and this dumb bitch said the line was correct lol....I explained to her that it could not possibly be. Plus, if +8 really was -1750, then -8 had to have been +1000 and I guarantee they would have voided that to anyone that took it
    and claimed it was a bad line.

I told her I was going to start a thread at SBR and let everyone know here what a cheap ass operation they are running and hopefully those that can choose to play anywhere else (bookmaker, Pinnacle) do play somewhere else.

I don't know why $35 is so freaking important to them when it was their mistake, but hey. If they think $35 is more important than the negative publicity, then I'm more than willing to share my case.
    Hi Plaza23,

Line errors can happen, did you ask for Becky or a manager via live help and explain your issue? That is what we generally suggest players do and it resolves most issues whether a human error or a disagreement with customer service.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi Plaza23,

Line errors can happen, did you ask for Becky or a manager via live help and explain your issue? That is what we generally suggest players do and it resolves most issues whether a human error or a disagreement with customer service.
    Nope I only talked to a customer service person. I think it was Natalia. So should I ask for Becky?

I'll try again tonight to see if it gets resolved

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Its a Costa Rican bookie this is the problem they lack the facilities

Plaza23

I tried live chat tonight they said Becky and Tony weren't there. I asked when I could contact them and Roderick said they work irregular hours. So they are avoiding me. I think that $35 is down the drain..

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I tried live chat tonight they said Becky and Tony weren't there. I asked when I could contact them and Roderick said they work irregular hours. So they are avoiding me. I think that $35 is down the drain..
    They wont avoid you. Evenings usually are a good time but just try again tomorrow. They both work long hours.

rangerz2478

You surely have a case, but they also surely aren't avoiding you over $35.

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Can't believe they are making you go through all this for 35 bucks

Plaza23

I spoke with Adrian tonight. He ran my situation by the "wagering supervisor". The wagering supervisor said that the line was 100% correct. He even admitted it was an alternative moneyline. Which the only way that is even possible is if the line was +17. The Hawks were up 17 points at halftime. It can't be any other number other than +17. Yet, it was changed to +8 and graded a loss. He then said the only person that can over-rule a wagering supervisor is Tony himself, and Tony's not around. He said, "let me take your number and I"ll text you when Tony's around". I got the same speech last night. I told him to penetrate off.

I will let SBR know how incompetent their entire staff is and how worthless they are in that they can't even fix something this fn simple.

I've had it with them. Over $35. Are you kidding me?

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    You surely have a case, but they also surely aren't avoiding you over $35.
    They would because they don't care about pissing off small time players. Steal their money, screw them over, they don't care. The Supervisor even admitted that the 2nd half line acts as an alternative money line. If the Hawks are up 17 at half, the Alt ML can't be anything other than +17. And yet, this simple arithmetic, is apparently too difficult for the supervisors to understand, and they need the freaking owner's approval to void the wager? Really? Who operates like that?

rangerz2478

I spoke with Adrian tonight. He ran my situation by the "wagering supervisor". The wagering supervisor said that the line was 100% correct. He even admitted it was an alternative moneyline. Which the only way that is even possible is if the line was +17. The Hawks were up 17 points at halftime. It can't be any other number other than +17. Yet, it was changed to +8 and graded a loss. He then said the only person that can over-rule a wagering supervisor is Tony himself, and Tony's not around. He said, "let me take your number and I"ll text you when Tony's around". I got the same speech last night. I told him to penetrate off.

I will let SBR know how incompetent their entire staff is and how worthless they are in that they can't even fix something this fn simple.

I've had it with them. Over $35. Are you kidding me?
    Alternative moneyline? There are only two POSSIBLE moneylines at the half. One for just the second half (which obviously wasn't -1750) and the "alternative moneyline" for the game which would have been 17 with the Hawks up 17 at the half. (and surely -1750)

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Alternative moneyline? There are only two POSSIBLE moneylines at the half. One for just the second half (which obviously wasn't -1750) and the "alternative moneyline" for the game which would have been 17 with the Hawks up 17 at the half. (and surely -1750)
    Yep. And it couldn't possibly be +8. Yet, they need Tony, the owner, to correct this? Something as simple and as straight forward as this.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Yep. And it couldn't possibly be +8. Yet, they need Tony, the owner, to correct this? Something as simple and as straight forward as this.
    If a wagering supervisor says that you are wrong, then it's pretty normal that only his boss could over rule. Lucky you aren't dealing with a UK book or you would simply be told you are wrong and go kick rocks. No chance to speak to the owner at all.

It might not be as straight forward as you imagine if the relevant manager says you are wrong. Must be more to the story at a guess.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

my tony source says he did what he did (left the juice high when line got corrected down) to throw it back in their faces for trying to take advantage of an error. 35.00 to win 2.00 was nothing. he had 3500.00 to win 200.00 plays and some others for less. tony is hard but fair and has been for quite a while now. he wants you to play but don't ever try to walk on him.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    my tony source says he did what he did (left the juice high when line got corrected down) to throw it back in their faces for trying to take advantage of an error. 35.00 to win 2.00 was nothing. he had 3500.00 to win 200.00 plays and some others for less. tony is hard but fair and has been for quite a while now. he wants you to play but don't ever try to walk on him.
    I have no problem with the juice of -1750. The problem is it should have been +17, not +8. The line should have never been +8 at any point. That's a made up number. Hawks were up 17 at half. Alt ML means 2nd half the Hawks are +17. That's it. Nothing else to consider. That is what the juice bought. The +8 is bogus. And there's nothing unfair about +17 being -1750 juice. That's a fair price.

There's no one taking advantage of anything, unless there was betting being taken on the other side which would have meant -8 (another bogus 2nd half line if they did put that out) at+1000 or whatever. But I guarantee 5 dimes would have voided those bets if anyone took them. No question about it. They would never pay out on a bad line if it benefited the player. I've had that happen to me before where they void something that I bet.

They screwed up. The Hawks were up 17 at half. That means their Alt MLs would be +17 and -17 for the 2nd half. If somehow they put +8 and -8 out there, then those are mistakes, and I guarantee the people taking the -8 at +1000 would have had their bets voided.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

5dimes has said that they can't change a line after it is bet if they wanted to...that it is not possible. Knowing a small bit about how these things work, I think it would take a serious database error or an IT person with db access to go in and alter the table but yea, not something linesmen can go around doin to cover their ass. Regarding what is a fair market, thats another topic but most of the time when we see these complaints its because the player confirmed a line change without realizing it.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    5dimes has said that they can't change a line after it is bet if they wanted to...that it is not possible. Knowing a small bit about how these things work, I think it would take a serious database error or an IT person with db access to go in and alter the table but yea, not something linesmen can go around doin to cover their ass. Regarding what is a fair market, thats another topic but most of the time when we see these complaints its because the player confirmed a line change without realizing it.
    Yea that's why I said I've never heard of it.

THAT being said, with the Hawks up 17, I'm guessing the Bucks were favored by a couple points for the 2nd half. So if we assume Hawks were +2 for the half, +8 would NEVER be -1750. Haven't played at 5dimes for a while but I used to bet their nba halftime lines all the time. Assuming Hawks were +2 for the half, they'd post +2, and a couple numbers to each side of 2 (1, 3, etc) and the ONLY line that far off of those lines, is the game moneyline which is what +17 would be)

So in this case, I think it's a simple case of OP clicking +17, and not realizing the system somehow changed it to 8. But 17 is 100% the correct line for -1750, not 8.

Plaza23

UPDATE: 5dimes did void my wager and refunded my money. I did not even ask again, I just seen that they did when I logged into my account. However, they suspended my account permanently. I talked to Tony and he said he did not want me as a customer there anymore.

So I guess that's it. I'll have to find another place to play. I would have liked to continue to play there because it's convenient for US players. But oh well. I guess fair warning to others - if 5dimes makes a mistake and you want it fixed, they'll fix it. But then they can tell you take a hike, and Tony did. It is what it is.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

There are only three possibilities here:

1) The OP is lying from start to finish.
    2) 5D changed the line in their database after the fact.
    3) 5D offered a bad line, took action on it, and failed to void bets after being alerted to the fact that they offered a bad line.

99.99% it's #3. How is this considered OK?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

UPDATE: 5dimes did void my wager and refunded my money. I did not even ask again, I just seen that they did when I logged into my account. However, they suspended my account permanently. I talked to Tony and he said he did not want me as a customer there anymore.

So I guess that's it. I'll have to find another place to play. I would have liked to continue to play there because it's convenient for US players. But oh well. I guess fair warning to others - if 5dimes makes a mistake and you want it fixed, they'll fix it. But then they can tell you take a hike, and Tony did. It is what it is.
    I was going to reply to your post a few days ago saying you'll probably get banned. Standard operating procedure there. At least you got your money refunded.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    99.99% it's #3. How is this considered OK?
    $$$$$$$$$$$

They pay a lot of it to sites like this for the right to continually screw customers with impunity.

This is nothing new.
    Last edited by Foxx; 11-20-16 at 10:05 AM.

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I was going to reply to your post a few days ago saying you'll probably get banned. Standard operating procedure there. At least you got your money refunded.
    perfect response by tony. give him his money back and show him the door. that's what you get and deserve for trying to cash in on a bad line they accidentally threw out there. nice to see tony hasn't lost a step dealing with these types of issues.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Maybe the price of -1700 was confused with the spread?

5dimes asked us to share the following with the forum:

• Price of -8 +1125 / +8 -1750 was wrong the entire halftime. There was NEVER a pointspread or point money change on this offering.

• The correct pointspread for the offering was -17, but t was never offered.

• All losing wagers received refunds. * All winning wagers were honored.

• All accounts with winning tickets have this incident listed in their account notes.

• The player who initiated this thread, had similar issues in the past. The player has been instructed to collect his balance and play elsewhere.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    perfect response by tony. give him his money back and show him the door. that's what you get and deserve for trying to cash in on a bad line they accidentally threw out there. nice to see tony hasn't lost a step dealing with these types of issues.
    I didn't try to cash in on a bad line. 5d made a mistake in putting the 2nd half at +8 instead of +17. They never changed the juice. +17 and -1750 was what the line should have been. I should have cashed my $35 to win $2 bet. Instead they simply voided it, which is fine. No big deal. It's at least better than it being graded a loss.

You make it seem like I tried to screw them over. Opposite was the case. They tried to screw me over. When I called them out on it both directly in chat and in this thread, it took 3 days to get back to Tony and he then refunded the bet and closed my account permanently.

I even asked Tony in chat if he'd let me continue to play there if I let SBR know that they had fixed the issue. He said he didn't care what I told SBR and that he didn't want me there as a customer anymore. Mind you I've been playing there since 2013 and probably lost altogether about $2,500. So it's not like they were losing money on me.

5d doesn't care about small time bettors and that's their right. It's their business.

Plaza23

Maybe the price of -1700 was confused with the spread?

5dimes asked us to share the following with the forum:
    I had exactly ONE issue in the past with them in 2014. It was a Butler - Indiana game where they put out an in-play ML on one of the teams in the 1st half. I bet that. Then I hedged on the other team later in the game to lock in a win. However 45 minutes after I placed the first bet, they voided that bet saying it was a bad line. I was still stuck with my hedge bet and it was going to lose. I asked Tony then to void my hedge bet because there was no way I would have ever made it without having the first bet in hand.

That was a case of 5d putting out a line and then voiding it later, and then the players being left to fend for themselves.

I guess in this case they honored the bad line on the Milwaukee side. So if they did, props to them. In the past they've voided those the minute they catch them. A player taking the Milwaukee side would be trying to screw then over. I didn't do that.

Also, it makes better sense that the system didn't change my bet, but rather I saw the -1750 and assumed that was the corresponding 2nd half alt ML without being sure on the points. I knew Hawks were up a large amount at half.

It makes sense that they would have graded my bet a loss if they were paying out to the Milwaukee side. I wish they would have told me that instead of the supervisors telling me it was a correct line. All they needed to say was "It was a bad line but we paid out on the winning side. So the losing side has to take the loss. You should have looked closer at the point spread instead of assume it was accurate simply based on the juice".

gooner89
    gooner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13003

As I bet in the UK, is it this common for books over there to get lines wrong? Over here, books are almost always spot on, and you can bet your ass that heads would roll if even one line or price was posted incorrectly on any of the major sites over here. Mind you, I am aware that book sites over here are a lot more professionally run as it is legal, but still, in a money business you really can't afford to be making this many mistakes and turning away this many customers.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

I assure you the UK books put out hundreds of bad lines every week and they are most definitely not always "spot on".
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Alfa1234 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Then I hedged on the other team later in the game to lock in a win. I asked Tony then to void my hedge bet because there was no way I would have ever made it without having the first bet in hand.
    Rookie error hedging the bet off at the same bookmaker. Except for a select few no restriction bookmakers, no bookmaker likes it when you hedge a bet back with them. If you want to hedge a bet off and you're not betting at a no restriction bookmaker, always place the hedge bet somewhere else.
    Last edited by luctens; 11-21-16 at 04:18 AM.

unusialsusp5

I didn't try to cash in on a bad line. 5d made a mistake in putting the 2nd half at +8 instead of +17. They never changed the juice. +17 and -1750 was what the line should have been. I should have cashed my $35 to win $2 bet. Instead they simply voided it, which is fine. No big deal. It's at least better than it being graded a loss.

You make it seem like I tried to screw them over. Opposite was the case. They tried to screw me over. When I called them out on it both directly in chat and in this thread, it took 3 days to get back to Tony and he then refunded the bet and closed my account permanently.

I even asked Tony in chat if he'd let me continue to play there if I let SBR know that they had fixed the issue. He said he didn't care what I told SBR and that he didn't want me there as a customer anymore. Mind you I've been playing there since 2013 and probably lost altogether about $2,500. So it's not like they were losing money on me.

5d doesn't care about small time bettors and that's their right. It's their business.
    some kind of mistake was made and you called tony out on it. really not the thing to do. he must have been irked to suspend your account, although he does this occasionally sometimes without merit to keep his customers in line. he is a god, a supreme being and most feel fortunate to have an account with him and try to stay on his good side.

12 Last