italiano
    italiano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2609

info the greek

hello guys, what do you thing about the Greek bookmakers??

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

One of my favourites.

Reliable, good CS, early odds, decent prices.

Only issue for me is no bitcoin and does not use my local currency so I need to pay foreign exchange fees both when depositing and withdrawing. Which makes it tough for me to justify using now.

italiano

yes .... they give only 25% cash bonus, I thing in this case is better going BetOnline

Optional

For bonuses, yes BOL offer more.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder what type of account base they have now?

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Safe book, not playing there much these days, but always a good out

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    One of my favourites.

Reliable, good CS, early odds, decent prices.

Only issue for me is no bitcoin and does not use my local currency so I need to pay foreign exchange fees both when depositing and withdrawing. Which makes it tough for me to justify using now.
    one of the best books. most important --- same day payouts (within hours) ---.
    they do have accounts in euro currency, and they do offer a 100% first deposit bonus,
    up to 100 max.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

italiano

yes spider.... betonline offer you 50 % up to 2500 usd....there is some different

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    one of the best books. most important --- same day payouts (within hours) ---.
    they do have accounts in euro currency, and they do offer a 100% first deposit bonus,
    up to 100 max.

Optional

If it helps you can buy an extra 50% signup bonus for The Greek in the SBR Store

And use your betpoints to buy cash there

rm190512
    rm190512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1611

I'd still love to know why it is that 70% of their traffic comes from the United States.

italiano

can you tell me how work this offer?? i have seen that they offer 25 % cash up to 1000 usd..... so for max bonus i should deposit 4000 usd.... your 50 % is until?

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If it helps you can buy an extra 50% signup bonus for The Greek in the SBR Store

And use your betpoints to buy cash there

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by italiano View Post
    can you tell me how work this offer?? i have seen that they offer 25 % cash up to 1000 usd..... so for max bonus i should deposit 4000 usd.... your 50 % is until?
    I dont really understand the question Italiano. Do you mean what steps to claim from SBR? It's just like a regular shopping cart if so. Enter your points and click through the process to buy the bonus. Then a couple of days later it gets credited to Greek. And make sure you sign up via the SBR link to ensure you are eligibile for that and buying cash with betpoints in future.

And I'm not sure of the max deposit currently allowed for your country. You had better double check with Greek on that one.

italiano

i signed up there a lot time ago... so in this moment i dont remember if i have done it through your link

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Always liked betting at Greek.
    But a year or so ago I found they no longer accepted AUD via Skrill.
    They promised to let me know when that had been rectified so that I could fund my account without fees.
    When I saw this thread recently I found that they do now accept AUD via Skrill.
    Disappointing that they didn't tell me. No idea how long ago it was rectified.
    So I saw that they pay a 10% reload bonus which I went for with a deposit yesterday.
    First thing this morning I get an email saying that they've boosted that to 20% until 1st November.
    I emailed to ask for my bonus to be processed but they limited it to just 10% despite the promo. email!
    Timing is everything ....

Optional

Thanks for the heads up about AU$ Hareeba. I did not realize either.

Bummer about the 20% this morning. Saw that offer too.

italiano

yes, i have recevived this promotions too, thay said also that before deposited there you have to contact them

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Always liked betting at Greek.
    But a year or so ago I found they no longer accepted AUD via Skrill.
    They promised to let me know when that had been rectified so that I could fund my account without fees.
    When I saw this thread recently I found that they do now accept AUD via Skrill.
    Disappointing that they didn't tell me. No idea how long ago it was rectified.
    So I saw that they pay a 10% reload bonus which I went for with a deposit yesterday.
    First thing this morning I get an email saying that they've boosted that to 20% until 1st November.
    I emailed to ask for my bonus to be processed but they limited it to just 10% despite the promo. email!
    Timing is everything ....

Hareeba!

It has been some time since I last used Greek but I really don't recall them limiting bets like I've found since refunding them last week.

Limited to win less than $900 AUD on an NFL total?

That's pretty ordinary.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

Still a fantastic book but limits are not what they once were after they left the American market.

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    It has been some time since I last used Greek but I really don't recall them limiting bets like I've found since refunding them last week.

Limited to win less than $900 AUD on an NFL total?

That's pretty ordinary.
    I don't think you're account specific limited to AUS $900, as according to http://www.thegreek.com/bet-limits, it seems that it is the standard bet limit for everybody, in fact it states US $500 is the maximum stake or to win amount (whichever is lower), and US $500 is currently about AUS $658, so the limit for you in AUS $ should probably be AUS $658 rather than AUS $900, it's probably just that The Greek haven't updated the exchange rates to reflect their limits recently. So it seems that the AUS $900 limit you currently are getting that you aren't too happy with is actually about 25% better than you should actually be getting, so the limit will most likely get a lot worse still for you when The Greek get round to updating their exchange rates to reflect their limits in different currencies.

I'm not sure if The Greek offer the option to rebet the line after a set period of time, but if they do, that could be an option for you, or if they don't, you may be able to ask them to allow this feature for you, but obviously each max bet on their lines may mean your next bet could be at lower odds.

I've also read a couple of times in the past that on occasion The Greek may increase online limits for some players on request, so it may be worth you contacting The Greek to see if they can raise your online limits.

Also, The Greek may be the sort of bookmaker that allows significantly higher than online limits over the phone, so you may want to ask them if that is an option, and if they say it is an option, you could call them up each time you want to make a higher than the online limit bet and see if they may authorise a higher bet than you otherwise would have been able to get with them online.
    Last edited by luctens; 10-30-16 at 04:50 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave luctens 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by luctens View Post
    I don't think you're account specific limited to AUS $900, as according to http://www.thegreek.com/bet-limits, it seems that it is the standard bet limit for everybody, in fact it states US $500 is the maximum stake or to win amount (whichever is lower), and US $500 is currently about AUS $658, so the limit for you in AUS $ should probably be AUS $658 rather than AUS $900, it's probably just that The Greek haven't updated the exchange rates to reflect their limits recently. So it seems that the AUS $900 limit you currently are getting that you aren't too happy with is actually about 25% better than you should actually be getting, so the limit will most likely get a lot worse still for you when The Greek get round to updating their exchange rates to reflect their limits in different currencies.

I'm not sure if The Greek offer the option to rebet the line after a set period of time, but if they do, that could be an option for you, or if they don't, you may be able to ask them to allow this feature for you, but obviously each max bet on their lines may mean your next bet could be at lower odds.

I've also read a couple of times in the past that on occasion The Greek may increase limits for some players on request, so it may be worth you contacting The Greek to see if they can raise your limits.
    Thanks mate. I might take up that idea.
    I wasn't at all suggesting the limit was account specific. Just rather disappointed in it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    Still a fantastic book but limits are not what they once were after they left the American market.