Jamaro85
    Jamaro85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

BetUS Survivor Pool not revealing other selections...

...until the games are over? Can anybody think of any particular reason for this? A friend of mine jumped into the survivor pools on BetUS and I went in for a little bit with him assuming that the selections of all entrants would be shown at kickoff. I really didn't give any second thought to this before joining because I figured this to be standard procedure. He called them to make sure that this was the case, and they told him that other selections are not revealed until after the games have concluded. I'm trying to think of a reason why they would do this, and the only thing I can come up with is that they will have their own entry that is always "correct". I seriously cannot help but feel like this is a complete scam now. I will obviously have no idea of whether this is the case or not, but I can't think of any other reason for hiding picks until after the games have concluded.

Thoughts?

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaro85 View Post
    ...until the games are over? Can anybody think of any particular reason for this? A friend of mine jumped into the survivor pools on BetUS and I went in for a little bit with him assuming that the selections of all entrants would be shown at kickoff. I really didn't give any second thought to this before joining because I figured this to be standard procedure. He called them to make sure that this was the case, and they told him that other selections are not revealed until after the games have concluded. I'm trying to think of a reason why they would do this, and the only thing I can come up with is that they will have their own entry that is always "correct". I seriously cannot help but feel like this is a complete scam now. I will obviously have no idea of whether this is the case or not, but I can't think of any other reason for hiding picks until after the games have concluded.

Thoughts?
    Wouldn't be surprised if it is some sort of scam given BetUS' history. Take this as a hint to their overall operations being shady and if you and your mate have any money in BetUS, request a withdrawal to get it all out now and go and play with a big USA bookmaker. There's simply no need for you to be betting at such a dodgy operation with the reputable alternatives you have available to you.

Jamaro85

Quote Originally Posted by luctens View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if it is some sort of scam given BetUS' history. Take this as a hint to their overall operations being shady and if you and your mate have any money in BetUS, request a withdrawal to get it all out now and go and play with a big USA bookmaker. There's simply no need for you to be betting at such a dodgy operation with the reputable alternatives you have available to you.
    Sorry if this seems lazy but do you have any particular suggestions? We've looked at 5Dimes and haven't looked into much else, but we've always been concerned with payment methods to the US.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I wouldn't touch this site from a mile away. Read around this forum you'll find the places you should play. If you put money on this site you're going to lose two ways. Either you don't win your bets or you win and they cut you and tell you they'll pay you when and how they want. Put clowns like this out of business

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Not showing entries until after it is over isn't much different than finding out what you have when it is over. Pretty silly that they put out a contest that way.

Jamaro85

Update on this:

I've noticed they reveal the picks everybody made once the MNF game begins, and then the list of picks disappears the next day. It seems like it's programmed to not show picks until it is no longer possible for a pick to be made for that week, since people can make a pick on the MNF games. ...or they have it conveniently set up to allow themselves to put whatever pick they want on their own entry.

So week two, four of the 26 teams did not make a pick. Three of these teams were properly recorded as taking a loss. The fourth team however was recorded as having a win. They are shown with a correct pick for week three, and their record is listed as 3 wins and 0 losses.

The bad feeling I had about this only worsens at this point.

Edit: Looked over the leaderboard from last week, found a guy who had one win, chose Arizona this week, and now has two wins. Yep...
    Last edited by Jamaro85; 09-26-16 at 08:47 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Have you taken screenshots of this stuff Jamaro85?

Jamaro85

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Have you taken screenshots of this stuff Jamaro85?
    Yup. I realized the "errors" by BetUS when I was looking back through the screen shots. Basically I was just checking to see that people who weren't making picks or picking incorrectly were getting flagged accordingly. I just started taking screen shots in week 2, but that is enough to show everything I've outlined.

My friend is gonna give them a call sometime this week, but we honestly have no idea what kind of response to expect here. Considering that he'll likely only be speaking to low level service reps he will probably not get any real insight or explanation. And even if he were to speak with somebody at a higher level I still don't know exactly what type of response or answer we'd be getting.

If there really was something shady going on here, I'd assume we're pretty much just going to have to be perfect until the end and hope for a split with one of these unbeatable entries.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaro85 View Post
    Update on this:

I've noticed they reveal the picks everybody made once the MNF game begins, and then the list of picks disappears the next day. It seems like it's programmed to not show picks until it is no longer possible for a pick to be made for that week, since people can make a pick on the MNF games. ...or they have it conveniently set up to allow themselves to put whatever pick they want on their own entry.

So week two, four of the 26 teams did not make a pick. Three of these teams were properly recorded as taking a loss. The fourth team however was recorded as having a win. They are shown with a correct pick for week three, and their record is listed as 3 wins and 0 losses.

The bad feeling I had about this only worsens at this point.

Edit: Looked over the leaderboard from last week, found a guy who had one win, chose Arizona this week, and now has two wins. Yep...
    Share the screenshots here? We can try to ask them about it and send them this thread.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

BetUS is one of the worse places to play......ridiculous roll-overs, many rules and requirements to withdrawal, shady dealings with contests- I could go on. The previous poster was right- get your cash out when you can and move on to somewhere better......

Jamaro85

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Share the screenshots here? We can try to ask them about it and send them this thread.
    Absolutely. I put up five screen shots on imgur so as to not clutter up the thread.

http://imgur.com/a/P9fG1

Here's a brief description of them:

1) Leaderboard after week 1
    2) Week 2 selections
    3) Leaderboard after week 2
    4) Week 3 selections
    5) Leaderboard after week 3

Key points to take from the screenshots:

Point 1

During week 2, four of the 26 players were shown as having no team selection. They are as follows:

E Gallin, Owingsmorse (updated to Owings Mills in week 3)
    C Glover, Maricopa
    J Nash, Charlotte
    R Degaris, murrieta

A flag is given after a player makes an incorrect selection or no selection. J Nash and R Degaris had one flag each after week 1 and were correctly given their second flag after week 2. C Glover had no flags after week 1 and was correctly given his first flag after week 2. E Gallin had no flags after week 1 and was not given a flag after week 2 but was instead credited with a win, this despite the board showing no selection made by him.

Three teams had two flags each after week 2; these teams became eliminated unless they chose to buy back into the contest at half of the initial entry fee of $500. P Levisay chose to buy back in, as is indicated by the pot increasing from $13,000 to $13,250. There is no problem here, and after week two there were 24 players remaining in the contest.

Point 2

All 24 players made a selection, and three of these selections were incorrect, as listed below:

M Saltz, SCOTTSDALE - Arizona Cardinals
    C Glover, Maricopa - Arizona Cardinals
    J Femia, clinton - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

M Saltz and J Femia were both correctly given a flag. C Glover had one flag after week two and was not given his second flag after week 3 but was instead credited with a win, this despite the board showing him making an incorrect selection.

Summary

One player did not make a selection in week 2 and was credited with a win, and another player picked a losing team in week 3 and was also credited with a win. It's already concerning enough that picks are not revealed until Monday night, and it should be easy to understand why this can be seen as unfair as it leaves open the possibility for manipulation, but even with selections being revealed late there is still questionable activity taking place.

Optional

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Easy for all official entrants to lose this way with fake names and picks after the fact.

Jamaro85

Update: Transparency provided shortly after thread posting

I'm still alive in this and wanted to give an update, both to be fair to BetUS and to thank the following two:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Sorry for the blank quotes but I wanted you guys to get an alert for this post.

A few weeks ago I noticed that the names on the leaderboard changed shades of blue when moving the mouse over them (not even realizing that weeks prior to that the text color for names had changed from black to blue), seeming to indicate that they were hyperlinked. Upon clicking a name a window opened with a list of all of the user's picks. I went on to find out that the list will also show each user's pick LIVE as of the moment they make a selection. Right now 12 users remain, and I can see that three have already made a selection. Every week since this discovery, I've noted the entire pool making their selections prior to 1 PM kickoffs.

A previous post of mine highlighted a user being credited with a win after ostensibly making no selection, and another being credited with a win after making a losing selection. Both users have since been eliminated and are no longer of concern.

Going back through the screenshots I've taken it seems that this full transparency was implemented between weeks 4 and 5, which places it within two weeks of my posting. I can only assume that Bill Dozer indeed contacted BetUS and brought my concerns to their attention. I can't thank you enough, as well as you Optional for your help.

Perhaps the survivor contests are a new thing for BetUS and the lack of initial transparency was an oversight, but I feel that they deserve credit for implementing it before it got too late into the season.

P.S. Would it be possible for one of you to update my OP to indicate that this has been resolved and point out that there is an update in this post?

iiisammyiii
    iiisammyiii's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Betus $500 Survivor Not revealing picks

There are 12 people left in the $500 survivor pool on Betus. Before the 1pm games started 6 people took the bills and 4 took San Fran. I checked again after the game was complete and It showed the same thing. 2 hours later It showed 2 more people took the bills. I have screenshots to prove this. How does an investigation get launched on this shady site

iiisammyiii
    iiisammyiii's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

This same thing is happening again this year and I have screenshots as proof

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by iiisammyiii View Post
    This same thing is happening again this year and I have screenshots as proof
    Would you please explain a bit more and share the images?

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Why do you morons continue to play at place with shady history? Why play if they rarely pay?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by iiisammyiii View Post
    There are 12 people left in the $500 survivor pool on Betus. Before the 1pm games started 6 people took the bills and 4 took San Fran. I checked again after the game was complete and It showed the same thing. 2 hours later It showed 2 more people took the bills. I have screenshots to prove this. How does an investigation get launched on this shady site
    I think the last time this was mentioned they said it was caused by them aggregating entries from multiple sites and the final results ended up being correct.

Have you asked them about this directly?