tramuntana
    tramuntana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Bet at home settles WON bet as LOST

Let me tell you how Bet at home stole more than €4,5k deposit which would go up to more than €8k with winnings.

I placed a bet on regular season victorious division to be Pacific division and my bet was settled as loss. My bet was: Pacific Division to be Victorious in regular season 2015/2016. Let me now explain whole situation in details.

I was a regular player, betting occasionally bigger sums of money from time to time. On 22nd of March, 2016 I saw a bet offer on bet-at-home.com website that says: “NBA Victorious Division, regular season”. I was a little bit confused since I didn’t know what the bet was. I contacted their live chat support and asked them what the bet was. I want to emphasize that I did not ask them “Is that bet for which team will have most wins after regular season”, but I simply asked what the bet was, and were the playoffs included. Their employee told me in details, and confirmed twice, that it means: “From which division will be a team with most wins at the end of regular season?” He / She even gave me an example on the exact bet I placed after, and which was settled as lost. After that chat session I placed my bets.
    Few weeks after regular season has ended, I contacted bet at home to see why my bet is still not settled. I was told by a supervisor that my bet had playoffs included and that it’ll be settled after playoffs end. I insisted that my bet was on regular season only, and I sent them picture of correspondence between me and their employee on chat. After that he acknowledged the mistake of their employee and told me that nonetheless my bet would be graded after the end of playoffs.
    After end of playoffs I contacted them again and tried once again to explain my case and find compromise. Same day I got reply that I'll get answer tomorrow. They stalled for 3 days and I finally got an answer in which they confirm once again that mistake was made by their customer support, but that they will not be settling bet as won, and neither will they settle it as void.

So, if you want to get scammed, keep on playing with bet at home!

I contacted SBR and they told me that BAH won't talk with them. I contacted MGA after that, will be updating here how it goes.

My sincerest recommendation: stay away from them!

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

This sounds like a classic case making the bet as vague as possible so the book can say that their interpretation is correct. Ooops, employee mistake, sorry but you lose.
    Total BS I wouldn't use them ever again.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Can you share your exact ticket? Im curious bout the wording.

tramuntana

Now in the ticket, it's not possible to see details, it only says: "NBA 2015/2016 - Victorious Division". But when I was placing a bet, it stated: "NBA 2015/2016 - Victorious Division (excl. Playoffs)". They never explained where did that part of the bet disappear in our correspondence. Also, they never denied that the bet stated excluding playoffs (their customer support confirmed 2 times that it was regular season only, no playoffs included).

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

What were your odds and what stake?

tramuntana

Stake was pretty huge (as stated in first post, more than €4,5k), odds were 1.70. Spurs were 3 game behind Warriors at the time, with 2 more matches to be played between those two teams.

And for the reference, now, when Durant joined GSW, and every other team in the league got weaker in the meantime, odds on BAH for them to win are 1.75!

At the time, normal odds for GSW to win were 2.30-2.70.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

No way you could get 2.3 - 2.7 for GSW to win the NBA championship in late march. I made the following two bets at 5dimes:

365921897-1
    3/10/16 9:02am $100.00 $115.00 $215.00 Win 3/10/16 7:35pm NBA Props Basketball 25002 Field wins NBA Championship +115* vs Golden State Warriors win NBA Champ

369537523-1
    3/28/16 2:25pm $100.00 $120.00 $220.00 Win 3/28/16 7:35pm NBA Props Basketball 25002 Field wins NBA Championship +120* vs Golden State Warriors win NBA Champ

So 1.7 was a fair odds for Pacific Division to win the NBA championship, considering you would also win if Clippers took the title.

But it is naturally not ok for the book to give a player at bet he didnt want, no matter if the line was fair or not.