supersy
    supersy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

William Hill

I noticed this website has rated William Hill A+ but for the life of me I can't see how this is possible? It certainly has not been my experience.

I am from Canada and opened this account in Nov 2014. Since that time I have made multiple deposits using Instadebit totally almost $4000.00 CAD.

Only since January of this year have I been on a hot streak and starting building a stake. Over $4300.00 as of this moment.

In early May I wanted to make a withdrawal but their website would not permit it. I went on their chat line and the guy tells me he needs my Photo ID and some other documents emailed to him. I do so and get an email saying thank you, your documents are being reviewed by our "security" department. Several exchanges back and for 4 weeks now and all they can say is wait we are still reviewing? Strange they only took one day to check my identity when I sent them money.

I feel like they are jerking me around. Most annoying. All my bets were legit. I sent them everything except a DNA sample and still zero. I was loosing money with my bets for two years and the minute you win and try to cash out some money it's like sorry your not allowed to win.

I would hate to see how books rated B- would treat people.

Is there a book out there that does not try to screw one over?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993407

Hi supersy,

Welcome to SBR Forum, thanks for sharing your feedback. The Know Your Customer ("KYC") process can be incredibly frustrating anywhere when you've got to go through a second or third layer of verifications.

According to the notes I see, we have received your complaint and have escalated to a manager with WilliamHill.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

sorry to hear the problems. I am also from canada . I use cibc card , no problem for deposit and withdraw. They asked for id a few years ago but it was approved within a day.

willhill is certainly not a scam book. Hope things work out

Jliao4
    Jliao4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

will hill is not a scam book end of discussion lol, i mean for christ's sake they are publicly traded on the LSE, meaning they have regular financial audits and that's besides the fact that no publicly traded company worth billions would attempt to swindle you out of 4000 dollars. that is just a laughable precedent, it's much more likely that the documents you sent in for KYC are not sufficient or WHill have some reason to suspect you are fraudulent.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

man they do not even deserve +B .. no way this book near from A-

I stopped playing there 5 years ago , same for bet-at-home and others .. they are the worst of honest books .. you can not win much there or u will get ur account closed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I rarely see complaints

Bet365 also tough with security

Jupiter333
    Jupiter333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1644

Williamhil.com.au

Played with them one week and they lowered my betting limits to basically nothing after I won.

They had a strange bonus bet criteria, where they stipulated that after your first bet, you could have a bonus bet, but it had to be the first bet after your initial wager. I placed that bonus bet, and then later placed three other bets, one of which had a starting time earlier than the bet I placed as a bonus bet. Both of those wagers won, but they weren't going to pay me and the customer service guy told me, "your bet lost"......oh really??? After getting nowhere with three customer service people the fourth customer service guy I spoke with promptly credited my account the proper amount.

On the 8th day, after winning throughout the week, my bet max was down to $35 on 1.80 odds, so the implied message was, "we won't take your bets, but we want you to leave on your own accord, rather than us kicking your ass out the door."

Requested a payout for my balance, we'll see how well/quickly it goes. Off to pinnacle I go.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Stick with A+++ Bovada/Bet365/Pinny

Karen N. Allen
    Karen N. Allen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by supersy View Post
    I noticed this website has rated William Hill A+ but for the life of me I can't see how this is possible? It certainly has not been my experience.

I am from Canada and opened this account in Nov 2014. Since that time I have made multiple deposits using Instadebit totally almost $4000.00 CAD.

Only since January of this year have I been on a hot streak and starting building a stake. Over $4300.00 as of this moment.

In early May I wanted to make a withdrawal but their website would not permit it. I went on their chat line and the guy tells me he needs my Photo ID and some other documents emailed to him. I do so and get an email saying thank you, your documents are being reviewed by our "security" department. Several exchanges back and for 4 weeks now and all they can say is wait we are still reviewing? Strange they only took one day to check my identity when I sent them money.

I feel like they are jerking me around. Most annoying. All my bets were legit. I sent them everything except a DNA sample and still zero. I was loosing money with my bets for two years and the minute you win and try to cash out some money it's like sorry your not allowed to win.

I would hate to see how books rated B- would treat people.

Is there a book out there that does not try to screw one over?

It's a pity that you were in troubles, I know that William Hill is the world's biggest bookmaker
    I have heard about such awful situation for the first time

ozpak
    ozpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Quote Originally Posted by Karen N. Allen View Post
    It's a pity that you were in troubles, I know that William Hill is the world's biggest bookmaker
    I have heard about such awful situation for the first time

World's biggest bookmaker?? hahaha Right. But only for people who lose there very often. If you dare to win few times, your account either will be restricted or closed.

So next time you say that Williamhill is biggest bookmaker and you can place decent amount of bet there, mature bettors will automatically assume that you are a cash cow for them and a healthy source of profits for their share holders.