evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    Care to elaborate? Are you speaking from experience or just making an assumption?

Anybody that used the card in 2016 - did you receive any sort of form to file with your taxes? I just started using mine this year, but would be good to know in order to be prepared for next year.
    They are not sending any info. to the IRS at the moment. If they did, they would have to send a copy of the form to the taxpayer.

However, there is nothing stopping the IRS from demanding records from Bitpay retroactively. Pleading, "Some poster named 'The Money Shot' said I'd be OK" will probably not work. Although, if it does, be sure to post about it here.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/01/tech...ce-department/

evo34

Quote Originally Posted by Catch77 View Post
    Withdrew at least 3k via *********** last year no irs form thus far. I do not think they are bound to IRS reporting. Its a bank account. Not an investment account like etrade or TD ameritrade. IRS is concerned with "income". Bitpay has no idea of what goes through your account is income or not. What if I'm simply transferring my already taxed funds through my bitpay account. Impossible for them to report anything to IRS.
    Furthermore bitpay is not an "exchange" either like Coinbase was advertised as. Bitpay is simply a normal bank account that allows you to deposit via Bitcoin. The only reporting they are bound to is if you are making single transactions greater than 9,999. If you are you deserve to be beat about the head.
    I'll stand corrected if given more concrete proof.
    They are required to report any activity deemed unusual. It's completely arbitrary and has nothing to do with a $10k limit.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post

So converting bitcoin to USD is not trading? Are you effing kidding? You know literally nothing about taxation and the IRS. Even less than Optional, who doesn't live here and most certainly doesn't know/care about the topic. I'm posting for people who do care, so they have complete information.
    Evo, you seem to do little more than troll threads to post negative or contrarian information. Which seems to be incorrect quite often to boot.

Do you think people who ordered this card did not notice they had to provide SS and ID info?

Your continued panic merchant posts about what might happen do not help anyone or add anything to this thread. Please go elsewhere now.

evo34

What have I posted that isn't accurate?

You seem preoccupied with trying to label a 10-year poster as a troll, convieniently minutes after I had the audacity to post a comment about your inexplicable thread defending 5 Dimes.

Will you delete this comment as well, or let it be?

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

The exchanges like coinbase actually have records of the bitcoins purchased and bitcoins that were sold. It would be pretty obvious to see where gains were made in those instances. I guess I'm failing to see how they would prove that money loaded onto a card such as this is considered a gain? What if you were purchasing bitcoin on an exchange and transferring to your bitpay card to use? I'm assuming this is how customers other than those on this site use the card, no?

jyney
    jyney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

shit you cant cash out 50k and file 10k on your income taxes,and expect not to get ****** with

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The exchanges like coinbase actually have records of the bitcoins purchased and bitcoins that were sold. It would be pretty obvious to see where gains were made in those instances. I guess I'm failing to see how they would prove that money loaded onto a card such as this is considered a gain? What if you were purchasing bitcoin on an exchange and transferring to your bitpay card to use? I'm assuming this is how customers other than those on this site use the card, no?
    Great post Evo is failing to see this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    So converting bitcoin to USD is not trading? Are you effing kidding? You know literally nothing about taxation and the IRS. Even less than Optional, who doesn't live here and most certainly doesn't know/care about the topic. I'm posting for people who do care, so they have complete information.
    That's nice that you are posting info for other posters to read.

And please... I know plenty of tax laws... and laws in general.

You are always quick on the draw with your posts. You only see things 1 way. I could careless if the IRS pulled reports from Coinbase etc. There's no way 100% to show I gained anything. I know this is 100% true.

Where you fail to tell posters again... and again... and again... is that it's 100% on the tax payer. No it's not. IRS needs 100% concrete evidence that supports their suspicion. A SSN and a name doesn't support anything. They still have to piece the story together and analyze if the amount in question is worth pursuing. I never said you had to act like a WILD MAN and not give a sh#$ when dealing with the IRS. I never said that. All I'm saying is... there's ways around everything.

When you hear stories in the news about tax evasion... what people don't realize is that... these numbers have ALREADY BEEN REPORTED AS INCOME by an EMPLOYER. It's already on record. If you gambled somewhere and won $ that also IS REPORTED. So, once you file your return... if you fail to mention that... that's when they come after you. Or if you don't even file a return.

Even if Coinbase or any other provider released your data... buying Bitcoins isn't tax evasion. It's just a simple purchase. Furthermore, you could be purchasing Bitcoins and then quickly using the coins making another purchase etc.

So again... back to the original topic at hand... loading your Bitpay card using Bitcoins... how is this tax evasion?

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

CHASE BANKS have a $1000 limit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    That's the trick. You might have to go to 4 different ATM's (under 24 hours) to get the 750.00 X 4 that you're looking for. Each machine may have it's own daily limit... regardless of bitpay's daily 3k limit. ATM's are independently owned and operated.

Most in my area are Max 600 per transaction.

Most machines are only equipped to spit out 30 bills tops. Meaning 30 20's.... which is 600 MAX.

GoldRush7

If anybody here has Venmo - you can use your Bitpay card as a funding source. What this means is that you you can then send money to a someone using your card as the source of funds. After that you can have them send it right back to your Venmo. From there you can go ahead and cash out to your bank. Just an alternative way to avoid ATM fees. I've tried it once and it worked fine- funds hit your bank the next day for most banks. Obviously wouldn't advise moving large amounts at once or very frequently, but just thought I'd share for those who may be interested.
    Points Awarded:

bigtymer56 gave GoldRush7 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

Is this Bitcoin debit card a good way to avoid fees? Coinbase is 1.49%, so on any bank transfer at 3k you are essentially paying $50 or more between withdrawing from your book to depositing in your bank. Not a lot I know, but you are basically still paying a withdrawal fee, just no longer to your book.

Also, is the best way to go book> blockchain> debit card?

Thanks and BOL to everyone today?

NobodyUKnow
    NobodyUKnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1394

ALWAYS use a bitcoin mixer/tumbler first before going to an exchange with bitcoins.

Naokia980
    Naokia980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Guys check uquid debit card. It is really worth every penny. Also really good rate BTC/USD price..

GoldRush7

Quote Originally Posted by Naokia980 View Post
    Guys check uquid debit card. It is really worth every penny. Also really good rate BTC/USD price..
    Is the max you can have on there $2,500?

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2216

Doesn't accept U.S. residents.

Optional

Is the max you can have on there $2,500?
    Quote Originally Posted by hello1234567 View Post
    Doesn't accept U.S. residents.
    Why even care about trying another card when we have a thread full of happy users with no problems with this BitPay one over a good period of time?

GoldRush7

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Why even care about trying another card when we have a thread full of happy users with no problems with this BitPay one over a good period of time?
    Curiosity, more than anything. Plus - wouldn't hurt to have multiple ways to move $ if available.

Primetime2125
    Primetime2125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4237

Activated my card today. Sent $$ to the card. Bitpay showed that it accepted it but I overpaid by like $5 and said I could request a refund for that amount. I did. Now, I don't see any money on my Bitpay card. I called and questioned this and they told me to wait 1-2 hours. Seems a bit odd. Been close to an hour now. Will update as soon as it hits my card...again. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Primetime2125
    Primetime2125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4237

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime2125 View Post
    Activated my card today. Sent $$ to the card. Bitpay showed that it accepted it but I overpaid by like $5 and said I could request a refund for that amount. I did. Now, I don't see any money on my Bitpay card. I called and questioned this and they told me to wait 1-2 hours. Seems a bit odd. Been close to an hour now. Will update as soon as it hits my card...again. Anyone else ever have this problem?
    I'm obviously new at this. The card required multiple confirmations. Just hit the card. All is well. Carry on.

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime2125 View Post
    I'm obviously new at this. The card required multiple confirmations. Just hit the card. All is well. Carry on.
    Key to the card is to just send EXACTLY the amount that the 'invoice' says. its always 6 digits. if you are off even by one digit it doesn't go through right away, but if you send exact, you just have to wait for 1 confirmation and you are good to go.
    Points Awarded:

Primetime2125 gave scavsiu8 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by scavsiu8 View Post
    Key to the card is to just send EXACTLY the amount that the 'invoice' says. its always 6 digits. if you are off even by one digit it doesn't go through right away, but if you send exact, you just have to wait for 1 confirmation and you are good to go.
    Yup. I once sent a few pennies less on a deposit due to a typo and it was a nightmare getting it credited. As long as you send the exact amount you are good to go after 1 confirmation.

SaraCEN
    SaraCEN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try qck-card. It come to any name to mailbox for free. Then you need to activate card and pay the activation fee. Possible deposit your card with bank transfer or with bitcoins. No ID required.

hello1234567

Do they allow USA customer?

Quote Originally Posted by SaraCEN View Post
    Try qck-card. It come to any name to mailbox for free. Then you need to activate card and pay the activation fee. Possible deposit your card with bank transfer or with bitcoins. No ID required.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I highly doubt it. No US bank would allow you to get a debit card with no i.d. If they do it's highly illegal and would avoid.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I highly doubt it. No US bank would allow you to get a debit card with no i.d. If they do it's highly illegal and would avoid.
    This is touted as an anonymous bank account. It's a pre paid M@ster Crd with an IBAN number so it can be loaded like a regular bank account deposit. Apparently has a bitcoin wallet attached that loads it too.

Looks like they have been around about 9 months (although claim to have won awards in 2015 on the site)

Card costs 100 euro plus a 2% fee on all funds loaded onto it.

Domain registered in a private person name from Germany but they say they are London based company with Czech support office.

They don't seem to hold any financial license and they dont appear to do any sort of ID or KYC.

It smells pretty dodgy to me.

evo34

Qck-card.com and its lookalikes are 100% fraud, based out of Russia -- FYI. They produce fake MasterCards and actually mail them out. It's a fairly well-done fraud, actually.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave evo34 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

So you joined the site just to post this shit, then bounce, Vladmir? LOL! Scammer...

Jatt24
    FBG
    Jatt24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I recieved my card in about six days

Thought it was gonna take a while from reading some of the responses here

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Does bitpay charge a base fee for transferring from the wallet to the card or is it a percentage? And I'm not talking about the miners fee for sending bitcoin. I had 11.40 in my btc wallet and when sending to the card it only let me send like 6.92.

Is there a way to know the fee instead of trying over and over again to send an amount only for it to keep saying insufficient funds or whatever?

Also is it the card charging for the incoming transaction? I. E. If i used a different wallet instead of the bitpay wallet would it matter?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Does bitpay charge a base fee for transferring from the wallet to the card or is it a percentage? And I'm not talking about the miners fee for sending bitcoin. I had 11.40 in my btc wallet and when sending to the card it only let me send like 6.92.

Is there a way to know the fee instead of trying over and over again to send an amount only for it to keep saying insufficient funds or whatever?

Also is it the card charging for the incoming transaction? I. E. If i used a different wallet instead of the bitpay wallet would it matter?
    There's no fee for card loading unless you do it with a third party like W@stern Uni0n

Here is the fee schedule https://bitpay.com/card/resources/Fees.pdf

Why are you thinking it some sort of fee stopping you btw? Sounds more like you are hitting one of the load limits to me?

https://help.bitpay.com/bitpay-card/...spending-limit

hello1234567

Anyone know how I can transfer my entire balance from my Bitpay wallet to my card?

Example: I have $100, I can only load like ~$90, if I do $100, it says not enough for the fee.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

The bitpay cards is smooth AF.......works like a charm

Optional

Anyone know how I can transfer my entire balance from my Bitpay wallet to my card?

Example: I have $100, I can only load like ~$90, if I do $100, it says not enough for the fee.
    AFAIK, you do not transfer anything FROM the bitpay wallet. It's purely for loading the card. I thought if you had sent btc to the wallet it was auto converted to fiat immediately.

Someone else please correct me if wrong? Or work out what Hello's problem may be?

PaperTrail07

Bitpay is just like a normal wallet.....If you load to your BITPAY CARD.....it converts into $$'s at given rate....(2) diff things here...
    AFAIK, you do not transfer anything FROM the bitpay wallet. It's purely for loading the card. I thought if you had sent btc to the wallet it was auto converted to fiat immediately.

Someone else please correct me if wrong? Or work out what Hello's problem may be?

PaperTrail07

Have not done it....but I assume you need to pay a normal BTC transaction fee when loading your Card from the bitpay wallet.....it still needs sent like a normal trans

hello1234567

Yes,

When you send BTC to your Bitpay wallet and load funds from your wallet to your card is two different things. When you send from your Bitpay wallet to your card it acts as a normal transaction where you have to pay fees.
    Last edited by hello1234567; 06-20-17 at 03:44 PM.

First ... 13141516171819 ... Last