raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15362

ETH on the move. +14.62% last 24h.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

started stacking ether. up to 24 now. lol

thinking about buying 10 a week. reading about dao and what not, hoping it doesn't just sky rocket though.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    started stacking ether. up to 24 now. lol

thinking about buying 10 a week. reading about dao and what not, hoping it doesn't just sky rocket though.
    More news today.

For quite some time now, a lot of people in the world of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency have wondered if the Ethereum Ether currency will ever see valid use cases for people to buy physical items with it. It looks like those prayers have been heard, as Bitgold recently enabled Ethereum payments for their bullion gold, which adds a significant use case for Ether to the table.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Question.... Can you load up your Google Pay Wallet, transfer money to circle (but beforehand switch from bitcoin to USD) then after money is in Circle, change the currency to bitcoin??

raiders72001

Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss have revealed that they have personally invested in ether, the digital asset that powers the Ethereum blockchain.The announcement follows on the heels of news the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) said it will allow the brothers to add an Ethereum trading product to their digital currency exchange, Gemini.
    In interview, Tyler Winklevoss said he wanted to make clear their investment as part of the disclosure surrounding next week's launch.
    Winklevoss told CoinDesk:
    "We are invested. We own ether."
    Winklevoss said he and his brother began acquiring ether earlier this year. Though they aren't currently sharing the exact amount they’ve purchased, Winklevoss said it was a "material" number.
    The brothers entrance into the Ethereum market is notable as in April 2013 it was widely reportedthat they owned 1% of all bitcoins in circulation. The number was the estimated to be 108,000 BTC, which at today’s value would be worth about $48.6m.
    Early exploration

The digital currency first came to the brothers' attention last year as it rose in popularity among members of the digital currency community. Then, customers of the Gemini exchange began to ask for the asset to be added as an option, Winklevoss said.
    During their exploration of Ethereum as an asset class, the brothers were attracted to what Tyler described as its distinguishing attributes. Namely, that it includes a Turing-complete computer language and that it can be used as fuel for performing different smart contract-related tasks.
    Though Tyler Winklevoss said he and his brother still believe in the value of bitcoin as an asset class in its own right, these distinctions inspired them to make their own investment and open up the exchange to help others do the same.
    "We looked at the people in both communities and the people putting time into it," said Tyler Winklevoss, adding:
    "We see them as taking different paths, not cannibalizing each other."
    Market shake-up

But, there's more at play here than just the addition of a new investment tool.
    At press time, Gemini is currently trading about 811 BTC per day (roughly $360k), a figure that's below other regulated US competitors itBit and CoinBase, which are trading about 3,000 BTC and 5,000 BTC, respectively.
    Still, Tyler Winklevoss told CoinDesk the company’s trading volumes are in alignment with their expected growth and distinguished his company from some competitors.
    He told CoinDesk:
    "We're not comparing ourselves to exchanges that have been out there longer than we are and we’re not comparing ourselves to people who are doing business in other countries or are unregulated."
    Ether trading is scheduled to begin on Gemini at 9:30am EST on Monday.
    http://www.coindesk.com/winklevoss-b...eading-launch/

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

That news does not seem to have had a big impact on the price?

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That news does not seem to have had a big impact on the price?

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/
    It could go either way depending on when the brothers start selling. I'm going to sit on mine for the long haul.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

well up to 50 ethers. hoping the price stays stable until i get at least 200.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

20 point swing in Bitcoin today...one of the biggest ones I've seen since I started following this year...

Any reason why?

High of 465 and currently high 440s

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

where do you see high 440s? poloniex is showing 453.
    Last edited by Ghenghis Kahn; 05-10-16 at 11:29 AM.

3runhomer

where do you see high 440s? poloniex is showing 453.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitf...zm1g10zm2g25zv

It was in the 448-449 area for a bit...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

ether moving up. looks like it's gonna make a huge move soon.

raiders72001

ether moving up. looks like it's gonna make a huge move soon.
    Up over 7% last 24h.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

raiders, where do you get dao tokens?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

never mind...

raiders72001

'The DAO', as it’s called, takes its name from the description for a new type of entity: a distributed autonomous organization. Intended to act as a vehicle for supporting Ethereum-related projects, The DAO has garnered over $50m worth of ethers (ETH) – the digital token of the Ethereum network – from investors.But what does The DAO do exactly? Think of it as a hub that disperses ETH to other startups and projects. Backers of The DAO receive voting rights by means of a digital token, which can be used to help determine the future direction of the organization and which projects will actually get funded following a voting period.
    Participants stand to receive possible dividends, including ether, in return for supporting the project.
    ETH up another 8% last 24h.

raiders72001
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-13-16 at 01:24 AM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i'm not an expert but from this graph, it looks like the uptrend will continue. i'm thinking about moving most of my bitcoin to ether until the graph starts indicating downtrend.

thanks raiders and others for introducing me to ether. i wish i got in a lot more at little over $7 but i still think ether has potential to go way up and even make profit in short term.

bitcoin graph on the other hand doesn't look too promising atm. but i'm pretty sure things will change with bitcoin. for now though, ether is it.

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

Graphs show the past, not the future, anyone saying otherwise is fooling themselves or worse.

That being said, I believe in both BTC and ETH long term growth.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lol i'm not gonna explain to you how to read these graphs. go to babypips if you want to learn.

another note, you must be young, past always predicts the future...

3runhomer

*Deleted
    Last edited by 3runhomer; 05-13-16 at 08:30 AM.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Thanks guys for the free info !

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

lol i'm not gonna explain to you how to read these graphs. go to babypips if you want to learn.

another note, you must be young, past always predicts the future...
    you and all those babypips readers must be rich, lucky you, keep predicting

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by thordin86 View Post
    you and all those babypips readers must be rich, lucky you, keep predicting
    well didn't think the down trend was gonna start so soon but the indicators do tell you the trends. don't knock it until you try it. go read up on babypips. it'll be less of a guess work. having said that, i'm still bullish with ether and bitcoin so we'll see.

another note, don't purchase dao with jaxx app. i spent all day trying to transfer my jaxx purchase to mist wallet just for my dao tokens to show up.
    Last edited by Ghenghis Kahn; 05-14-16 at 09:25 AM.

First 123