mtnman
    mtnman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

WARNING: UK Books Using Verification to Scam Customers

It's nothing new that books require a copy of ID and proof of address to verify accounts. But starting the past few months, books such as William Hill, bwin, and bet365 have been using this as a way to cheat customers.

Here is how it might go:

Customer requests a withdrawal. His documents are already on file.

Three days pass. Customer contacts the book wondering what is taking so long. They respond: Oh, we are still waiting on your [some document they don't even need].

STILL? What do you mean still? The book pretends as if it's your fault. They receive your withdrawal request and do nothing. They do not notify you that they need more documents. Only once you contact them do they notify you. The scam here is that it's a way for them to delay paying while pretending it is the customers fault. But it is pretty transparent what they are doing.

Okay so you provide them with whatever form of privacy invasion it is that they want. Maybe a picture of your penis next to a ruler, or a document from the doctor showing your all your vitals. Could be a photo of the inside of your rectum. They always ask for different stuff to keep you on your toes. The only thing they have in common is their requests are always a pain in the ass.

You send what they asked for, begrudgingly, and contact them. They confirm receipt. It will of course just take a couple days to review. Anything the book can do to keep you waiting. Anything to dissuade you from withdrawing money from their miserly fingers.

So they review it. You were careul right, so the documents are perfect? Well, sure as shit they will ask for something more. Sorry, this picture of your penis shows it in its half-erect state. Can you please take a photo of your penis with a full erection? Or, sorry, in this photo, your penis is next to a ruler in metric. Sorry, we don't accept metric measurements, only imperial. Please send a new photo of yourself doing a handstand with your penis fully erect with a clear and legible imperial ruler next to it so we can judge the extent of your manhood. Once received, we will process your payment immediately. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

OBVIOUSLY THE WHOLE THING IS JUST TO WASTE YOUR TIME AND DISSUADE YOU FROM WINNING.

Here is what you need to do:

Remain calm.
    Respond to all their emails quickly.
    Be firm that you want to be paid quickly.
    After about 2-3 rounds of their BS requests, or about 1-2 weeks, just let them know you know what's going on. You know what they are trying and it's not going to work. Contact their General Counsel, contact the people at the place you used to deposit and let them know what's going on.

What these books are pulling is not legal. It must be a fun game for their security departments to laugh about how bad they are screwing cutomers over. But it's bad for their long term business. Already had 4 different recereational players tell me they're not going to jump through these hoops anymore. They are going local.

If you are just a normal player and don't want to deal with the hassles, just stay away from UK books. If you are a pro and this is your career, there is money to be made there! Just be aware you'll have to jump through some hoops.

They'll stop with this bs soon enough once they realize it drives away their best clients.

Have a great day.

bisme
    bisme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
    ou were careul right, so the documents are perfect? Well, sure as shit they will ask for something more. Sorry, this picture of your penis shows it in its half-erect state. Can you please take a photo of your penis with a full erection? Or, sorry, in this photo, your penis is next to a ruler in metric. Sorry, we don't accept metric measurements, only imperial. Please send a new photo of yourself doing a handstand with your penis fully erect with a clear and legible imperial ruler next to it so we can judge the extent of your manhood. Once received, we will process your payment immediately. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

there's been a few threads like this saying similar things. sounds annoying. just play with 5Dimes or BetOnline. as far as i know they don't do this mickey mouse stuff.

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

If you walk into their shop and put your cash down on the counter they don't care a stuff who you are. Apart from being 18 or over maybe.

arber1
    arber1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Have you been using William Hill?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993395

It's a good idea to keep some of the most commonly requested ID documents stored on your computer or a flash drive to save time. One of the more common requests nowadays is a photo holding your passport. It's also advisable to verify your account after you've signed up instead of right after you put in a payout request.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I was asked for a urine sample one time.

arber1

Difficulty of verification is proportional to your balance. I built up a big balance in Will Hill and before they paid me they asked to see 3 months of bank statements and out of hundreds of transactions they wanted to know who and why I sent £380 to someone approximately 9 weeks ago (It was actually for having a new floor fitted in my house).

Whats that got to do with verification?

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Funny post OP, and not that far from the truth sometimes lol

Being on the electoral role does stop most anal examination level probing though, I think they go to town if your not listed on it.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Classic!

arber1

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    Funny post OP, and not that far from the truth sometimes lol

Being on the electoral role does stop most anal examination level probing though, I think they go to town if your not listed on it.
    Electoral roll doesn't even come into it if you've got a big enough balance which they've got their eyes on.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11830

Quote Originally Posted by arber1 View Post
    Difficulty of verification is proportional to your balance. I built up a big balance in Will Hill and before they paid me they asked to see 3 months of bank statements and out of hundreds of transactions they wanted to know who and why I sent £380 to someone approximately 9 weeks ago (It was actually for having a new floor fitted in my house).

Whats that got to do with verification?
    Wow, that's f'd up for them to be scrutinizing bank statement transactions.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

I like bet365s letter with some kind of code which they do not send out to Eastern European countries and do not want to pay because you cannot guess that code. When you ask them to send it with tracking number paid with money from your account they say that it is not possible but do not want to pay until you provide them with a code from a letter which they do not send

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    If you walk into their shop and put your cash down on the counter they don't care a stuff who you are. Apart from being 18 or over maybe.
    This

The horse racing odds are the same as online, and the football odds often better. Once the staff suss you, you just move on to the next shop. 21 hills in my City. By the time i've been ptl'd at them all, the staff will have changed in the first. Rinse and repeat

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It does seem more and more when you want money in the UK it is becoming a hassle with ID Docs

The thread starter makes some good points

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

One time they asked for a copy of the front and back of a credit card I had used to make a deposit. No problem right? The card had been lost and the credit card company had issued me a new card with a different number. The book wouldn't accept it and they said they wouldn't issue me a payout without it. Pretty ridiculous. I was very relieved when I was able to find pics I had taken of the card in an email from a year before. Phew. Still, why would they need pics of a card I had used to make a deposit a year ago. It was gtbets by the way.

mtnman
    mtnman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Can we start posting the chats we have with these UK books customer service here? I think shaming them and letting people know what they're doing might get them back in line. It's also legitimately funny how they manage to ask for something new no matter how many things you send them. It gets quite petty.

I've got one right now where I have the entire back and forth saved. When they finally pay I will post it in here. Some unbelievable stuff.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    One time they asked for a copy of the front and back of a credit card I had used to make a deposit. No problem right? The card had been lost and the credit card company had issued me a new card with a different number. The book wouldn't accept it and they said they wouldn't issue me a payout without it. Pretty ridiculous. I was very relieved when I was able to find pics I had taken of the card in an email from a year before. Phew. Still, why would they need pics of a card I had used to make a deposit a year ago. It was gtbets by the way.
    The way it works is this. You have a card with a 16-digit number. You use it to deposit to a bookmaker. You then lose the card and have it blocked and replaced by your bank. No matter what the bookmaker may tell you, they CAN send your money to your card - even to the replacement card, never mind the new number. *It is still your bank account*.

Each card has a unique ID linking it to your bank account. There is a different way for an online merchant to identify and verify it's YOUR card, other than the 16 digits. They were just trying to feed you horse...t.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Most uk books have a option of collecting in shop , corals, will hill , Ladbrokes , and Paddys do for sure

It's so much easier that way

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do UK residents have strict verification too?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Do UK residents have strict verification too?
    Not really , on sign up with a book just email in you're passport and front and back copy of you're debit card

time2bet4
    time2bet4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hello
    I have some problem with b365 verification process lately. I have registered in December and before my deposit they fully verified my account. In January my residence changed to other address. Now, four month later I want to make withdrawal and they are asking for new papers (banks statements, utility bills) but from old address. I havent got anything from that one, just from my new residence.
    Does somebody know what should I do in this situation ? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.
    Last edited by time2bet4; 04-25-16 at 05:07 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by time2bet4 View Post
    Hello
    I have some problem with b365 verification process lately. I have registered in December and before my deposit they fully verified my account. In January my residence changed to other address. Now, four month later I want to make withdrawal and they are asking for new papers (banks statements, utility bills) but from old address. I havent got anything from that one, just from my new residence.
    Has somebody know what should I do in this situation ? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.
    To start with I would send them whatever documents I have from the old address that might re-assure them it was your real address in December. Whether they ask for this or not.

Then I would send equivalent docs I have for the new address. Again whether they ask or not. (if you have a postal mail redirection reciept you can give them, or have transferred utilities form one address to the other this could be very helpful)

If inside the UK I would walk into one of their shops and ask them to verify your identity in person.

I'd try to stay calm but insistent with them that I should be approved as I have done nothing wrong and am willing to provide whatever is required and possible to supply in the way of ID.

I would write to the UK Gambling Commission and their dispute resolution agent IBAS to protest the requirement and ask if they will order the book to accept your new address docs.

If you are outside the UK I would also email their Gibraltar Regulator and if living in an EU country, the European Union DR Service.
    Last edited by Optional; 04-25-16 at 05:13 AM.