Ewan101
    Ewan101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

www.madbookie.com.au - are they a good payer, a slow payer or a no payer?

Hi All,
    ---- is an Aussie Bookmaker. There is no Madbookie thread here at SBR so I am starting one. There is no formal rating or mention of Madbookie in the Bookmaker Ratings section of SBR.
    This thread is started specifically for punters to input their experience with Madbookie.

Are they safe? Are they a slowpayer? Are they a no payer? Are they a good payer?

All experiences with Madbookie payments / withdrawals greatfully received here. Thanks!
    Last edited by SBR Genie; 03-02-16 at 12:46 PM.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

They're reasonably safe, not rock solid like the major corps but better than some low tear like bethq or classicbet.

They've paid me with no issues, they paid others I know.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ewan101

Ewan101

Hi Dr Gonzo. Thanks for this valuable information. It's greatly appreciated.

ozpak
    ozpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan101 View Post
    Hi All,
    ---- is an Aussie Bookmaker. There is no Madbookie thread here at SBR so I am starting one. There is no formal rating or mention of Madbookie in the Bookmaker Ratings section of SBR.
    This thread is started specifically for punters to input their experience with Madbookie.

Are they safe? Are they a slowpayer? Are they a no payer? Are they a good payer?

All experiences with Madbookie payments / withdrawals greatfully received here. Thanks!
    I used madbookie for signup bonus only. Then place couple of bets. My bonus bet $500 value lose at madbookie and then place 2nd bet $500 value (original deposit) on NBA which I won. After that I withdraw money. Money was in my bank account next day.

Their sports odds are not great. I was getting better odds on other sites so I didn't bother to go back to madbookie.

Their live chat and email response is also very fast.

So overall they are average book but with better customer service and fast payout. But if you are odds conscious, then you will not find value there.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

I too haven't found a lot to get excited about in terms of competitive odds at MadBookie but they do have some quite appealing promotional offers.

And they are the only place I can get best of 3 totes for place betting.

Ewan101

Hi Hareeba and Ozpac. Thanks for your replies and thanks for this valuable information. It's good to know they are a safe payer.

kyan972
    kyan972's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

The madbookie site has now been offline for over 13 hours now, talked to them on facebook and they assured me that they are trying their hardest and working around the clock to get the site back online, but the lack of notification on their social pages (facebook, twitter) or even emails is a worry

Hareeba!

MadBookie is licensed by the Norfolk Island (Australian territory) regulator.
    Norfolk Island's authority to issue and renew bookmaker licences was revoked by the Federal Government a few months ago.
    Pinnaclebet has been similarly affected and now appears to be history.
    I'm just guessing that MadBookie's licence has just expired.
    If so I wouldn't expect to see them back in action any time soon.

kyan972

Heres what a madbookie rep said on another forum.

madbookie 22 minutes ago
    Hi Guys. Will be up shortly. Major outage at the data centres, both the primary and failovers! Any MB customers feel free to email support we'll whack a bonus bet in the account when we're back up and running

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by kyan972 View Post
    Heres what a madbookie rep said on another forum.

madbookie 22 minutes ago
    Hi Guys. Will be up shortly. Major outage at the data centres, both the primary and failovers! Any MB customers feel free to email support we'll whack a bonus bet in the account when we're back up and running
    Well I guess we'll find out at some stage.

But it wouldn't be the first time a book has failed to divulge the truth about why they aren't online.

Hope I'm barking up the wrong tree as I also have a balance in there.

Hareeba!

Well what would I know!

They're back up

ozpak

Though I have no complain towards Madbookie. But I don't understand why someone will play in a book where the game lines are 1.87 and odds are almost always copied from Pinnacle with their additional juice.

It's same like, I will never understand why people play on Double Zero roulette when they can play on Single Zero roulette with slightly higher chances of wining.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by ozpak View Post
    Though I have no complain towards Madbookie. But I don't understand why someone will play in a book where the game lines are 1.87 and odds are almost always copied from Pinnacle with their additional juice.

It's same like, I will never understand why people play on Double Zero roulette when they can play on Single Zero roulette with slightly higher chances of wining.
    I agree that their odds aren't the best around but I don't think they are generally as bad as 1.87?
    Currently they have 1.90 lines on this week's AFL and today's MLB.

It's only quite rare that I do bet there but sometimes they do have the best I can access for Aussie sports and racing. And they can be quite generous with free bets.
    Bear in mind that many of us in Oz are also barred from sports betting at all the major books so our options at times are pretty limited.

kyan972

what sports are you seeing 1.87 lines for? Like hareeba said for AFL and NRL lines they start them off at 1.90 then on gameday they move them up to 1.92 which is inline with every Australian bookmaker. Not saying that the big corps are setting a high standard but madbookie are matching them.

Hareeba!

You do see some mad things there though.
    Example: their market for the US PGA doesn't have the favourite listed!

henryslug
    henryslug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    You do see some mad things there though.
    Example: their market for the US PGA doesn't have the favourite listed!
    Thoughts on their business model? The large deposit/reload bonuses and Norfolk Island registration makes me feel a lot more nervous about depositing to them compared to smaller operations like Bluebet/Palmerbet.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by henryslug View Post
    Thoughts on their business model? The large deposit/reload bonuses and Norfolk Island registration makes me feel a lot more nervous about depositing to them compared to smaller operations like Bluebet/Palmerbet.
    Yeah, fair points. I don't keep a lot in my account there.
    Bluebet I find next to useless. Their sports odds are the worst of any Aussie book (bar the joke called TopBetta).
    Palmerbet are just cowards and will cut you limits as soon as you prove to be a winner.

ozpak

Reviving old thread here. I got text message from Madbookie saying deposit upto $2000 and get 50% bonus. I am tempted but not sure what to do. The reasons are:

1) When I sign in to my account, I can't see any such offer and I can't find any T&C's for bonus bet rollover requirement.
    2) I sent an email to support asking for T&C's but no answer.
    3) As per horror stories on SBR, Books mostly give such generous bonuses when they are about to break or about to wind up their operations.

Anyone else got same promotion? And how's Madbookie going?

Hareeba!

Reviving old thread here. I got text message from Madbookie saying deposit upto $2000 and get 50% bonus. I am tempted but not sure what to do. The reasons are:

1) When I sign in to my account, I can't see any such offer and I can't find any T&C's for bonus bet rollover requirement.
    2) I sent an email to support asking for T&C's but no answer.
    3) As per horror stories on SBR, Books mostly give such generous bonuses when they are about to break or about to wind up their operations.

Anyone else got same promotion? And how's Madbookie going?
    I'm quite comfortable with them.
    I also get the odd call to make a deposit and get a bonus too, which I've tended to accept.
    The main issue though is that it's not easy to find anything at exciting enough odds. OK for playing with bonus bets (their money) but if a rollover is an issue could be a problem.
    Best to ensure you lose your free bets so go for something at about 10/1 and lay it at Betfair.

For Bonus Bets and winnings coming from Deposit Matches, Welcome Bonuses and Loyalty Bonuses the minimum turnover requirements is two (2) times.

As for all other Bonus Bets and winnings, and unless stated otherwise to the contrary, the minimum turnover requirement is one time (1x)
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 10-28-16 at 04:43 AM.

ozpak

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I'm quite comfortable with them.
    I also get the odd call to make a deposit and get a bonus too, which I've tended to accept.
    The main issue though is that it's not easy to find anything at exciting enough odds. OK for playing with bonus bets (their money) but if a rollover is an issue could be a problem.
    Best to ensure you lose your free bets so go for something at about 10/1 and lay it at Betfair.

For Bonus Bets and winnings coming from Deposit Matches, Welcome Bonuses and Loyalty Bonuses the minimum turnover requirements is two (2) times.

As for all other Bonus Bets and winnings, and unless stated otherwise to the contrary, the minimum turnover requirement is one time (1x)

I think I will pass the offer. I send the email to support; no answer. I called helpline and very unpleasant guy answered and hangup without giving full information. On live chat, they give me information I was asking. But I am not feeling very confident depositing any money because of poor customer service.

And yes you are right, their odds are not very good. You can find better odds elsewhere. They move the market very fast so you can't find any arbs there. So I haven't played there in last 8 months.