GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Bookamaker: personal info question

Just created an account at Bookmaker for the first time to take advantage of the $25 free play. Went through and registered and afterwards I noticed my DOB defaulted to 1/1/1970. I don't remember ever being asked for my DOB when registering, so I went on to the their chat to see if they could fix it and update my correct DOB. The lady told me I needed to send a photo copy of my ID to their CC department. I told her I don't plan on using CC to deposit or withdraw, but she said that is the only way to change my DOB.

2 questions:

1. Why don't they ask for DOB when you sign up(or did I miss it?) ?

2. Is it even necessary for DOB to match if all I'm doing are bitcoins anyway?

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Ask them if they want to know your rooster size also?

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    Just created an account at Bookmaker for the first time to take advantage of the $25 free play. Went through and registered and afterwards I noticed my DOB defaulted to 1/1/1970. I don't remember ever being asked for my DOB when registering, so I went on to the their chat to see if they could fix it and update my correct DOB. The lady told me I needed to send a photo copy of my ID to their CC department. I told her I don't plan on using CC to deposit or withdraw, but she said that is the only way to change my DOB.

2 questions:

1. Why don't they ask for DOB when you sign up(or did I miss it?) ?

2. Is it even necessary for DOB to match if all I'm doing are bitcoins anyway?
    If you have not given them a date of birth at any point then it shouldn't a problem. They will ask if/when they want ID. And they might still for bitcoin withdrawals btw. Particularly if there is any reason to question if the person requesting the payout is definitely you. (eg, new IP used for withdraw request)

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I think I remember asking about this and they said its just what the system defaults to. Dont worry about it, mine still has the 1/1/1970, so it will stay like that even after youre verified.