pokerandfootball
    pokerandfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Issue With 5Dimes

I don't know if this is typical of 5Dimes, but I clicked on Live Assistance to ask a question about withdrawals and was asked to verify my Account Number and Password. The verification of my Account Number seems reasonable, but I refused to type out my password into a chat box that is not encrypted. I don't know of any website that has a person write their password into a chat box that is not encrypted.

tecmoslayer
    Update your status
    tecmoslayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2003

Yes. They wiil ask for it everytime you go into the live assistance. I provide it no problem and have never had a problem.

pokerandfootball
    pokerandfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It seems like nobody has found it to be an issue to give 5Dimes their password through Live Assistance, but it just makes me uncomfortable since it doesn't seem right for them to request.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

It's not right and you shouldn't have to give your password but they have access to it anyway. It's been like this at 5dimes for as long as I can remember , at least 12 years. I suggested they give out a pin for communicating with support reps or something other than your password but that's the way Tony wants it so that's the way it is.

plenty of people have brought it up over the years, there's probably over a hundred posts about it but there is nothing you can do. My account hasn't been breached in 12 years so I guess it's safe but I change my password regularly.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

Understand the concern but it is normal for them to ask for it every time you contact them.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Every single time. Same with emails,in fact I've replied to emails where the info was in the dialog and they still wanted it again. Yes, it's bullshit but if you want to play at Tony's shop you have to follow Tony's rules. there are tons of better ways to do it but they are stubborn.

the problem for most people is that every banking site in the US , almost any site period, specifically tell you that support will NEVER ask for your password or log in information. We have been trained that this information should not be needed by low level customer service reps but not at 5dimes. Welcome to the 90's.

just change your password every couple of months and you won't have to be nearly as concerned about the disgruntled , low paid support rep that went rogue with a list of account numbers, passwords, email addresses and who knows what else. We all know cs reps take email addresses with them from book to book.
    Last edited by PD77; 09-26-15 at 12:27 PM.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

It is normal...but I have gotten in the habit of changing my password every few weeks, just to be on the safe side!

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

They should have a popup box that asks for password when you initiate a chat. That way support can't see it.

T4TRUTH
    T4TRUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    It's not right and you shouldn't have to give your password but they have access to it anyway. It's been like this at 5dimes for as long as I can remember , at least 12 years. I suggested they give out a pin for communicating with support reps or something other than your password but that's the way Tony wants it so that's the way it is.

plenty of people have brought it up over the years, there's probably over a hundred posts about it but there is nothing you can do. My account hasn't been breached in 12 years so I guess it's safe but I change my password regularly.
    You say has not been breached however, what about some consideration for those that have. you leave your computer on or your laptop is in snooze mode or something, a nosy wife girlfriend or neighbour gets on and say hey live assistance, whats up give me all account loss history for the year so far.
    if do not ask for password, what happens, they see it is you logged in. They do Not ask for password and just give the info out just like that... hmmm the guy who unfortunately has been master mindedly been hiding his action from his wife for years and now she knows he is in the hole 40k for the year. that would not be good info to just hand out over the net just because some account holders do not "feel comfortable" to give passwords, and all the damage to the poor guy in the examples life and marriage could be saved by just using the protocol to ask for password EVERYTIME...
    what is the big deal anyway..... it is not B of A or morgan stanley you are dealing with is a book who is looking right at their screen and can see your password they just need to be sure it is you they are dealing with... Nothing weird,strange or hard about that.
    the only hard piece s those who make it hard by being resistant....
    Saves your account information from ever been given out to anyone other than you. Your password is your business and responsibility to keep safe and away from others, but not the people looking right at it on their screen.
    think about it, it makes no sense to be worked up over giving a password at all.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

follow the rules and stop being paranoid

good luck guy

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by T4TRUTH View Post
    You say has not been breached however, what about some consideration for those that have. you leave your computer on or your laptop is in snooze mode or something, a nosy wife girlfriend or neighbour gets on and say hey live assistance, whats up give me all account loss history for the year so far.
    if do not ask for password, what happens, they see it is you logged in. They do Not ask for password and just give the info out just like that... hmmm the guy who unfortunately has been master mindedly been hiding his action from his wife for years and now she knows he is in the hole 40k for the year. that would not be good info to just hand out over the net just because some account holders do not "feel comfortable" to give passwords, and all the damage to the poor guy in the examples life and marriage could be saved by just using the protocol to ask for password EVERYTIME...
    what is the big deal anyway..... it is not B of A or morgan stanley you are dealing with is a book who is looking right at their screen and can see your password they just need to be sure it is you they are dealing with... Nothing weird,strange or hard about that.
    the only hard piece s those who make it hard by being resistant....
    Saves your account information from ever been given out to anyone other than you. Your password is your business and responsibility to keep safe and away from others, but not the people looking right at it on their screen.
    think about it, it makes no sense to be worked up over giving a password at all.
    i never said not to ask for your password, but the password they ask for shouldn't be your account log on password. There should be an alternative method to authenticate your account, like a pin or security question.
    After 12 years I've gotten used to it but I still don't like it. And I remember 12 years ago being in the same position as OP , thinking this can't be right.

Dude, you better run to the mailbox real quick and get all the snail mail from BetUS before your wife,girlfriend, neighbor sees it. There may be a scratch card from youwager in there too.

T4TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    i never said not to ask for your password, but the password they ask for shouldn't be your account log on password. There should be an alternative method to authenticate your account, like a pin or security question.
    After 12 years I've gotten used to it but I still don't like it. And I remember 12 years ago being in the same position as OP , thinking this can't be right.

Dude, you better run to the mailbox real quick and get all the snail mail from BetUS before your wife,girlfriend, neighbor sees it. There may be a scratch card from youwager in there too.
    I have no problems with a spouse checking over my shoulder, it is called professional gambling and therefore she and all neighbours and relatives know my business is gambling and her every whim gets paid for by gambling so no worries here.
    The difference is , OPEN your mind to understand what some may go through and that it is simple thing and to think your betting is so important to not give a private and personal password to a lowly rep.. get hold of yourself.
    I bet you dont like security lines at the airports , I know I dont but I understand the necessity it has become and therefore just wish the douche bags in front of me would act like they have flown once and know , no liquids remove shoes belt etc,etc.

Nexttime you book a flight somewhere, know this, they are screening and scrutinizing from the very moment of purchase, the next hardcore look into your life is from the time of check in til board at the gate.
    so give your password and quit complaining, dont fly if you dont want to be fully investigated and good luck with all endeavors and here is to a successful and whine fest free football season. JUST GIVE THE PASSWORD the next guy waiting might have a cracker winning bet he needs to get down. but as with all stig in the mud types, nobody considers the guy still waiting behind you in the line/...

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

pick up the phone and call if you're so concerned

T4TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    pick up the phone and call if you're so concerned
    trouble is the call could be to the white house to tell them the sky is falling.
    you know how conspiracy works......................

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

give them your PW then change it when you're done with cust. serv.

Limited
    Limited's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4567

Many if not all Costa Rica based bookies will ask password. It just a regular procedure, although I agree it is not the safest practice in internet.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

if you have not met the guy and dont know him dont give him your password

Limited
    Limited's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4567

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    if you have not met the guy and dont know him dont give him your password
    Well, your connection is via https and you are chatting with one of CS, who already know your password, the reason they ask is to protect you from bad guys. If you don't give your password you will not be assisted by CS, you have no choice.

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

they're clearly trying to harvest you

dhristov211
    2023 year of Josh
    dhristov211's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 746

it's normal!

Jose: Let me check your account, just a moment please.
    Jose: In order to receive Live Assistance through phone, email or Live Help, you must provide your account number and password to the representative. Keep in mind that the password needs to be provided if the information you are requesting requires specifics pertaining to your account only. Please take into consideration that passwords with offensive or pejorative terms will automatically ban your account from live assistance.
    Jose: My bad.
    Jose: typo

lol but they ask every time and it's ok