JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

The UKGC has been targeting unlicensed players promoting or operating within the UK market. The ones they are aware of were first of all sent reminders of the law. Payment providers are being warned off supplying them and they have been 'disrupting the activities of the unlicensed' as mentioned cryptically in the latest annual report.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    The UKGC has been targeting unlicensed players promoting or operating within the UK market. The ones they are aware of were first of all sent reminders of the law. Payment providers are being warned off supplying them and they have been 'disrupting the activities of the unlicensed' as mentioned cryptically in the latest annual report.
    'Nice' to see the UKGC acting as expecting and putting all resources into protecting licensed books from competition.

Shame it appears to be taking all resources they have so they can't answer player enquiries.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

What about bookmaker and betdsi now will they stop UK customers

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    What about bookmaker and betdsi now will they stop UK customers
    You never know, don't feel comfortable having funds with offshore after 5D stopped us Brits.

First Pinnacle now 5Dimes for fuks sake

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    'Nice' to see the UKGC acting as expecting and putting all resources into protecting licensed books from competition.

Shame it appears to be taking all resources they have so they can't answer player enquiries.
    They aren't really set up as a consumer body - they are an industry light touch regulator with a buyer beware philosophy. They had as few as 50 staff total 3 years ago, and until the last year seemed to carry on as the old Gaming Board did.

That focus is set though largely from the top and the Chief Executive is about to change into someone with a regulatory but also somewhat more of a customer orientation, with her previous jobs being at the gas and electricity and telecoms regulators.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    They aren't really set up as a consumer body - they are an industry light touch regulator with a buyer beware philosophy. They had as few as 50 staff total 3 years ago, and until the last year seemed to carry on as the old Gaming Board did.

That focus is set though largely from the top and the Chief Executive is about to change into someone with a regulatory but also somewhat more of a customer orientation, with her previous jobs being at the gas and electricity and telecoms regulators.
    Thanks for info JayZ

Hope you are right about the new boss.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder why 5 Dimes would care about the UK pressure??

They do not care about USA pressure and offshore gambling??

I do not get it

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

point of consumption tax

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I wonder why 5 Dimes would care about the UK pressure??

They do not care about USA pressure and offshore gambling??

I do not get it
    Was thinking the same thing.

And wondering if whatever pressure UK authorities are managing to exert could also be used in the US context...

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    You never know, don't feel comfortable having funds with offshore after 5D stopped us Brits.

First Pinnacle now 5Dimes for fuks sake
    Yeah , maybe the Greek nxt too , they inform me I can still play until they gave confirmation from there legal department

First 12