misterhanna
    misterhanna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Bookmakers vs winning players

Hi all,

First of all, I presume the topic I would like to discuss has been covered in previous threads already, but I could not find it using the search function, so therefore the new thread.

Yesterday, I read about some players getting either banned by various bookmakers or their maximum bets got lowered massively, to e.g. 2 euros per bet, the reason being that they are winning players.

The thing is that I'm a bit worried about this, since I seem to be making money consistently in the last half year. What is your advice regarding this matter?

Something I thought of myself (and reading about) is betting with several different bookmakers to lower perhaps the loss per bookmaker and make it less of a problem for them, but would that be really necessary?

Happy to hear from you!

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Most books will limit or boot out players who regularly beat the closing odds.
    It's not so much whether you win or not but how you do it.
    Who do you bet with?
    Pinnacle and the exchanges wouldn't be a problem.
    The European bookies are the worst.

misterhanna
    misterhanna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Thanks for elucidating the reasons behind it! I play (often live) on Unibet, don't often go against odds.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Quote Originally Posted by misterhanna View Post
    Thanks for elucidating the reasons behind it! I play (often live) on Unibet, don't often go against odds.
    Depending on which sports you're playing live, I suggest you may be better off at Betfair?

In my experience, Unibet are one of the worst offenders in this category.