JCJC3235
    Update your status
    JCJC3235's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Heritage Live Betting Question

I placed a live betting wager on an MLB game last night and at the time of the wager it was the half inning and the team was down 2-1. Well right after I bet it, there was an appeal and they said the run had scored. So it was 3-1 after the half inning? Is my wager still valid? Shouldn't it be cancelled? Down 3-1 is a big difference from being down 2-1

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Quote Originally Posted by JCJC3235 View Post
    I placed a live betting wager on an MLB game last night and at the time of the wager it was the half inning and the team was down 2-1. Well right after I bet it, there was an appeal and they said the run had scored. So it was 3-1 after the half inning? Is my wager still valid? Shouldn't it be cancelled? Down 3-1 is a big difference from being down 2-1
    If the bet was accepted before the appeal decision then I think you would be out of luck.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If the bet was accepted before the appeal decision then I think you would be out of luck.
    Of course. And if you bet the team that was now up 3-1--instead of 2-1--they'd cancel the bet and say line error

JCJC3235
    Update your status

Heritage Insider

Hey man, I saw you sent me a private message but I can't respond because I am new to the site. Yes I did contact customer service to review the wager. I just don't understand how this wager could be valid?? I mean a 2-1 game going in to the middle of the inning is completely different than a 3-1 game in to the middle of the inning.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

i dont see how they can cancel the bet. in football, if a wager i placed before an official review, all wagers would stand. this is just 1 of the dangers (or sometimes advantages) of live betting

JCJC3235
    Update your status

In football if there is a play where there is an official review the betting freezes. That's exactly what happened last night, I was watching the game and as soon as the 3rd out was made, the wager came available. I bet it and when I got brought back to the screen it was frozen. Well sure enough when the game came back on there was a review. As soon as the review happened and they allowed the run, the betting came back on after it was 3-1

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

What was the new line shown when the score was 3-1? Any different than it was when it was 2-1. the line shouldn't have changed that much unless it was late innings.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by JCJC3235 View Post
    In football if there is a play where there is an official review the betting freezes. That's exactly what happened last night, I was watching the game and as soon as the 3rd out was made, the wager came available. I bet it and when I got brought back to the screen it was frozen. Well sure enough when the game came back on there was a review. As soon as the review happened and they allowed the run, the betting came back on after it was 3-1
    having it "freeze" is not your god given right. its actually done to protect the book, not you. is there something specifically stated in their rules about all wagers being cancelled in the event of no freeze occurring at certain points? i doubt it. if yes though, you have a case!

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

The bet should stand.