adam1783
    adam1783's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Blocking Unprofitable Players?

Hello everyone,

I looked around for this topic, but I didn't have any luck addressing it, my apologies if it is elsewhere. I have read from time-to-time that books, whether in Vegas or overseas, will stop doing business with players who have shown themselves to be unprofitable. Sports betting has it's up and downs, but is there any information out there about players who have been blocked for the above reason, or how unprofitable is too unprofitable for a book to continue doing business with them? I use handicappers and follow their advice, so I'm expecting long-term to make money, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either (I plan on opening accounts only with SBRs highest rated books). Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

With most high rated books it's usually not so much about how much you win but how you win it that will see your account limited.

An article here that might help you: Why do betting sites lower wagering limits: Is it for winning?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You will get thrown out of most sports books if you arb

Plus it's so easy to tell by your betting amounts and arb services out there

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Demand betting exchanges for USA players !!! Boom problem solved and you can win as much as you want . Pester Bookmaker/DSI and post on forums that you want exchanges ! Get the word out because it is a thousand times better than dealing with the books !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adam1783
    adam1783's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thanks for that article! Helped clear things up and it was good to see that I had/have no plans to partake in any of those behaviors.

nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

I never arb, but got limited for most betting websites. And that's by taking us sports only. still don't understand.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
    I never arb, but got limited for most betting websites. And that's by taking us sports only. still don't understand.
    Books don't necessarily know if you're arbing or not. All they see is that you are betting only when they are offering top odds which is what arbers do. If you follow a successful service and shop for the top odds like a number of other subscribes are doing simultaneously and creating steam you are just as bad for the bookie as the arbers are.

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

One of my online accounts got closed by the site managment today, it never happen to me before but I was on a decent run and built up my bankroll to fairly high number . I assume that they will still pay me out since I deposited with them a lot of money in the last couple years .

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Here is an explanation a book gave a player for limiting them recently.

Thought it might give a bit of insight into how this works, as we don't see explanations very often. The bets didn't all win btw.

"you bet 3 games prior to big line swings. Brooklyn -140 - closed -210 Cleveland -130 - currently -240 Memphis -460 - currently -1100. These swings are large out of the ordinary swings on 3 games yesterday. You had all three. This was the info that came from risk management. The odds of hitting one is normal, 2 suspicious, 3 very suspect. This is indicative of insider information or syndicate plays. We do not accommodate that type of action.Your account is being monitored. If this changes you limits will be increased. If this continues you account will be closed."

The player didn't sound like he had been limited before in his complaint. So I doubt the inside info or syndicate play suspicions are correct.