muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Ping is an internet metric that measures how fast a response you get back once you send it.
    1778 is kind of slow.
    The site is protected with cloudflare. Doesn't that slow the ping rate greatly for any site using that protection?

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I will never dabble in this scam currency. The only people promoting it are the scammers.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Again... I think like Nasher does. I also want to reemphasize I'm not here to bad mouth bitcoin. I'm a cautious guy by trade when it comes to money/security. Yes, for wagering purposes it's an easy way to trade... there's no denying that. I'd be so pissed off at myself if I was caught in a transaction with 3k worth of bitcoins and something went horribly wrong. It would be ignorance on my part. Regardless of how everyone says it's easy to shift funds with bitcoins... you're going to eventually have to trade it back to the currency of your choice.. correct? So anyone who claims it's easy to use etc... must be holding onto bitcoins. So everyday you're holding onto one... you're in jeopardy. If you claim that you quickly exchange the bitcoin... and then it goes into your bank account... then why are you showing constant money exchanging in your bank account? That's a no no as well. The less that goes through your bank account the better... especially knowing the true purpose of bitcoins. You guys need to reevaluate what you're doing.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

all i know about bitcoin is get it from point A to point B and back

thespeculator

i follow raiders and use my own judjement

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

I have made thousands investing in said "virtual nonsense"

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I will never dabble in this scam currency. The only people promoting it are the scammers.
    if u don't need it then it , then u can stay with standard currency

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by cburland10 View Post
    I have made thousands investing in said "virtual nonsense"
    that is the point most of us are trying to make. We just want to get funds to books and back. Not investing in the currency

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

lol op 20 trillion in debt and people talking like this currency is broke...

I still trade coins no worries and will continue to do so...

Knowledge is power my friend...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    The site is protected with cloudflare. Doesn't that slow the ping rate greatly for any site using that protection?
    Big time.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Big time.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    OK, I ran bitmixerio through the system as we like to say.

Gets 85 percent security rating (that's a good thing)
    Bitshe owns it, this comes as no surprise.
    Resides on a cloud, not a big fan of the cloud myself, but never mind.

Here's the results.
    (safe now, pray there is no virus developed that can penetrate it in the future though, for now it's trustworthy)

ip Address: 162.159.240.143
    Hosting Service: "CloudFlare"
    Hosting City: San Francisco
    Hosting Region: CA
    Hosting Postal: 94107
    Hosting Country: United States
    Domain Created:
    Domain Expires: 2014-09-20
    Domain Life: 0
    Ping: 1778
    Speed: Slow
    Network Name: CloudFlare, Inc.
    Network Country: United States

See the ping rate?

Ping is an internet metric that measures how fast a response you get back once you send it.
    1778 is kind of slow.
    I don't see anything negative here as far a mixing bitcoins or why there is a worry about Bitmixer's ping rate. Bitmixer has been open longer than a year with, as far as I know, no problems. The top books have been open between 1 and 4 years.

There are speculatory problems for all books and transfer methods. Right now the bitcoin books have less problems than the cash books. I haven't heard of a book claiming bad line yet although I'm sure it will come.

stevenash

^
    Not saying mixer is not safe, on the contrary, the site comes back as pretty secure.
    I'd feel condfident using it. Just make sure your computer virus software that you use is impregnable.
    New super viruses are being developed every day, we still haven't seen the ebola virus for computers yet.

My only remark about mixer is it's a relatively slow site, but a secure one never the less.
    I don't like cloud, but that's just a preference, nothing wrong with it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

forget all this

way too much hassle

for what???????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Where are the clowns now who were pushing btc simply because they were already invested in it.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

It will drop down to around $100, where it should be.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    It will drop down to around $100, where it should be.
    It's on the way there now.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    forget all this

way too much hassle

for what???????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
    I'd imagine it's nowhere near as much hassle and cost as trying to fund and withdraw real money from bookies if you're in the US.

The fact that there's been a scam involving btc in HK is utterly irrelevant to punters simply using it with bookies.

Scams involving traditional currencies are uncovered somewhere every day. Does that stop you using them?

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I'd imagine it's nowhere near as much hassle and cost as trying to fund and withdraw real money from bookies if you're in the US.

The fact that there's been a scam involving btc in HK is utterly irrelevant to punters simply using it with bookies.

Scams involving traditional currencies are uncovered somewhere every day. Does that stop you using them?
    Exactly, there are millions of US gamblers that would save themself a tonne in fees and time if they took half an hour out of their day to learn how bitcoin works and how to keep it secure.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    Exactly, there are millions of US gamblers that would save themself a tonne in fees and time if they took half an hour out of their day to learn how bitcoin works and how to keep it secure.
    Why go through all day when more breaches are sure to occur.

jjgold

Sasha thanks for keeping us all informed

NoRespect
    NoRespect's Avatar Become A Pro!

What was the bitcoin price the day before this suspected theft? It is 221 right now. I signed up at coinbase on last Thursday.

Domestic

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Why go through all day when more breaches are sure to occur.
    So that you can enjoy instant deposits, withdrawals, don't have to disclose your identity to books, far lower fees, no rollover requirements and some books now even protect you against price volatility. I also disagree that more breaches are "sure" to occur. Trade at the reputable exchanges with a good track record and bet at the highly rated books. When your coins are not at a book or being sold at an exchange you can store them offline in cold storage.

So those are just some reasons why, I understand though if people are happy with their current books and don't want to bother with bitcoin. Those that cannot see the potential benefits for many people are the ones I cannot understand.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

this shit reminds me of the iraqi dinar. Not the applications but people thinking it is so good. My buddy and i argued for 4 years about the dinar and he would of been multi-millionaire if that shit ever worked. Different friend who believes that black helicopters always circled his house had $20,000 in bit coins. Kept trying to get me to invest in this.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

definitely one of the most impressive scams in history.

jtoler

So that you can enjoy instant deposits, withdrawals, don't have to disclose your identity to books, far lower fees, no rollover requirements and some books now even protect you against price volatility. I also disagree that more breaches are "sure" to occur. Trade at the reputable exchanges with a good track record and bet at the highly rated books. When your coins are not at a book or being sold at an exchange you can store them offline in cold storage.

So those are just some reasons why, I understand though if people are happy with their current books and don't want to bother with bitcoin. Those that cannot see the potential benefits for many people are the ones I cannot understand.
    I'm sure you have some btc so I understand the spew, the price will continue to drop and people will eventually abandon it, but behold a new and improved cryptocurrency will emerge, bank on it.

jjgold

why do all this hassle to bet $50 a game??

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    why do all this hassle to bet $50 a game??

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

unreal stuff, sad to see people lose such big amounts

Domestic

I'm sure you have some btc so I understand the spew, the price will continue to drop and people will eventually abandon it, but behold a new and improved cryptocurrency will emerge, bank on it.
    I'm talking purely about the advantages that the currency offers punters right now, not long term price or its future. I'm just amazed at what some of the US bettors on this board will put up with when it comes to how certain books treat them.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Where are the clowns now who were pushing btc simply because they were already invested in it.
    Hi.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

I agree with all of this. Anonibet has been open since 2011 with no problems. BetIslands was considered a top book and stole money from players. Many more cash books will steal. The bitcoin books with longevity are clean.

jtoler

I'm talking purely about the advantages that the currency offers punters right now, not long term price or its future. I'm just amazed at what some of the US bettors on this board will put up with when it comes to how certain books treat them.
    So long term price or future doesnt matter? Youre joking right. I do see what youre saying on some things.

Domestic

So long term price or future doesnt matter? Youre joking right. I do see what youre saying on some things.
    Of course the long term price and future matter if you are an investor/speculator but If you're using bitcoin for transfer purposes like thespeculator is and cash back to fiat frequently, the long term future of bitcoin itself isn't as large of a concern.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Of course the long term price and future matter if you are an investor/speculator but If you're using bitcoin for transfer purposes like thespeculator is and cash back to fiat frequently, the long term future of bitcoin itself isn't as large of a concern.
    Quite astonishing that so many just don't seem to get this point!

First 12345 ... Last