thewad71
    thewad71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Canceled bet?

Anyone ever have an in game live bet that was accepted get canceled like an hour later before the game even ended? It's a reputable site that I have never had a problem with but its too big a difference to just let it go.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

yes. it happens. usually it would be caused by a bad line. did you inquire about the reason.

thewad71
    thewad71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Even if a line is "bad", how can they cancel it. The bet was accepted. Yes, I think the line was a bit off.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

i'm with you. when i screw up and place a bad bet i really did not want and it's happen in live betting more than once, i can't get it cancelled but of course if the book screws up they are not going to pay someone for their own error. it's just part of playing - live betting is where it just happens more often.

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Post the bet ? Also post what the score was at time of bet ? You will get answers quick .

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by thewad71 View Post
    Even if a line is "bad", how can they cancel it. The bet was accepted. Yes, I think the line was a bit off.
    Every book has the right to cancel bets on bad lines in their terms of service.

It does seem to happen more often with live betting as someone else said.

Cancels can also happen in live betting because the game situation changed before the bet was struck.

xtrader
    xtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

It's rare but it does happen. It shouldn't happen in my opinion. Betfair will not void my bets when I post an obvious bad line (for me) or when I make a typo. Mistakes cost money and bookies shouldn't be exempt from that. In-play lines change very rapidly and it's very difficult to define a bad line.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

yet they decide on the rules, not you, therefore things are the way they are.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

It happens sometimes, you know it's part of the game, gotta get used to it.

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

bwin and gamebookers do it all the time after the match if you're winning at good odds.

bullock
    bullock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by virtozo View Post
    bwin and gamebookers do it all the time after the match if you're winning at good odds.
    What do you mean by good odds? Off market or simply high odds?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Every book has the right to cancel bets on bad lines in their terms of service.

It does seem to happen more often with live betting as someone else said.

Cancels can also happen in live betting because the game situation changed before the bet was struck.
    How do you determine a bad line from a good line? Some books are opinionated. If a NBA live betting line is -5 market average, at what number does it become a bad line that can be canceled after the fact? 6,7,8,9,10, more ?
    Last edited by raiders72001; 03-01-15 at 10:23 PM.

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by bullock View Post
    What do you mean by good odds? Off market or simply high odds?
    say they are a little off market, they offer this higher odds in tennis, especially set betting and fast changing markets like darts and snooker, if you win it's a void (they refuse to settle at ''right'' odds), if you loose bet stands, all this after the event..cheaters!!!

raiders72001

Just my 2 cents FWIW but off 3 points on sides and 4 on totals should be considered a bad line. Books shouldn't be able to cancel steam even if it moves that much. On ML, no matter the sport, I would consider a bad line at 8% off market price.

In order to stay away from a lose/lose position, I'll call or get on live chat to make sure the line is good on something that is questionable. It's best to have something in print in case of a disagreement.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 03-02-15 at 04:32 AM.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

It happens sometimes. Unfortunately, things like these exist in nature of this job. (fıtrat)

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Some books have long delays and other short delays prior to confirmation. Which books have you seen get caught in a change in game situation?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    How do you determine a bad line from a good line? Some books are opinionated. If a NBA live betting line is -5 market average, at what number does it become a bad line that can be canceled after the fact? 6,7,8,9,10, more ?
    That sounds like a good subject for an SBR article. Although I don't think even the books have a clear line for what is and isnt numbers wise. For genuine books I believe it more often comes down to 'intent' than having an actual cut off number. If they didn't intend to offer either the bet or the odds they void regardless of the size of odds difference.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Some books have long delays and other short delays prior to confirmation. Which books have you seen get caught in a change in game situation?
    Every book that offers live betting. Its the most common reason for voids I've seen.

I don't think any book tries to match their incident provider feed to their betting platform in real time. They audit each events betting activity against the incident feed times later.

bullock

Singbet does that from time to time as the only well known Asian book. Who knows what is the factor deciding if they do that. IMHO it happens when the side getting vast majority of action wins. I wonder if the losing bets are made void as well , but I guess they are, otherwise it would be really arrogant of them.
    Last edited by bullock; 05-21-15 at 05:52 PM.

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

Singbet does that from time to time as the only well known Asian book. Who knows what is the factor deciding if they do that. IMHO it happens when the side getting vast majority of action wins. I wonder if the losing bets are made void as well , but I guess they are, otherwise it would be really arrogant of them.
    Well, sometimes line is clearly wrong and they void all bets, winners or losers.
    The dodgy thing Singbet / 188bet do however is when a line is weak and it gets hammered they selectively cancel winners.
    You might see yourself having 3 max bets on Home team to win -0.5, with the appropriate reduction in odds after each max bet and then the traders will cherry pick one of your winner bets and void it calling it ''abnormal bets'' and then say stuff about ''syndicate betting'' and ''betting syndicates''

bullock

I placed a live bet at one Mickey Mouse book for a maximum and then another one for a lower amount at the same odds. Both were accepted. On the next day the later one was made void, because I placed more than the maximum allowed. What do you think about such behavior? Should they award the winnings?
    Last edited by bullock; 08-10-15 at 05:50 PM.

Optional

I placed a live bet at one Mickey Mouse book for a maximum and then another one for a lower amount at the same odds. Both were accepted. On the next day the later one was made void, because I placed more than the maximum allowed. What do you think about such behavior? Should they award the winnings?
    It depends on that book's rules. Their terms of service should specifically mention no rebetting to above the market max limit for them to rule that way.