fikoliko
    fikoliko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Warning: be caution with SBOBET

Hi all,

I recommend you hold your deposit with SBOBET, -A ranked bookmaker.

Probably some of you experienced the same. Lets wawrn others who havent been touch yet.

I believe anyone can bump into this suddenly so also if you think you are safe I would think twice after reading this.

Yesterday I have requested payout as ussual however SBOBET send me money next day less 5% without notice.

They give me notice only on today stating that 5% will be deducted so I was pretty wondered how it come. No explain reached my mailing box from their side. They simply copy statement of imposing 5% fee charge.

Let me know if anyone experience this with SBO or other bookmaker so I know we can call it industry standart or not.

thx

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

This is common reaction to e-wallet affiliate abuse.
    I hope that,or some other form of abuse, is the case with you.
    Otherwise we should indeed worry.
    Pinnacle introduced the 5xrollover to fight that, 1bet also.
    SBO, 12bet and dafabet are probably trying to not scare the public and fight the individual cases one by one with methods like teh one you mentioned.
    Although in my case, they did not charge the fee and just notified me that from now on 5% will be applying.

fikoliko

Quote Originally Posted by thordin86 View Post
    This is common reaction to e-wallet affiliate abuse.
    I hope that,or some other form of abuse, is the case with you.
    Otherwise we should indeed worry.
    Pinnacle introduced the 5xrollover to fight that, 1bet also.
    SBO, 12bet and dafabet are probably trying to not scare the public and fight the individual cases one by one with methods like teh one you mentioned.
    Although in my case, they did not charge the fee and just notified me that from now on 5% will be applying.

5x time rollover is something different - it is ok because bookmaker does not take your money when you reach rollover.

However SBO imposed charge of 5% without notice. I believe this is not only case. Also this is not about scarying public this is one by one case abuse. Because how you can predict you wont be paying 5% charge? They will send you email in some better cases prior your withdrawal in best cases before your planning deposit and in worst cases they will deduct from you balance money and then they will send you email stating fee charge.

This is to warn others who have money in sbo or want deposit these days on. So mainly they will avoid unpleasant disappointment of SBO action.
    Last edited by fikoliko; 11-18-14 at 07:48 AM.

thordin86

Did you deposit/withdraw often in order to collect afilliabe cashback for neteller or skrill?

fikoliko

Did you deposit/withdraw often in order to collect afilliabe cashback for neteller or skrill?
    I had 1 deposit per month for over whole year. I dont really know why you still talking about abusing deposit...

thordin86

Because I have never heard them doing this to anybody innocent, and the majority of the players here are square bettors who have nothing to fear from SBO.
    Except from their razor-sharp soccer odds

fikoliko

you are speaker of SBO? becaause I am innocent as any square bettor here. Nevertheless I was charged without noticed. Can you explain? Guys really should worry and this and should be warning to take care for their funds. Strange that you received email from them too considering you are innocent. Just lucky you that you was informed by them prior deposit or they allowed you withdraw free of charge. Others do not have to have such luck. Take this as example of BAD experience with SBOBET
    Last edited by fikoliko; 11-18-14 at 09:24 AM.

thordin86

I never said I was innocent and im sorry about your 5% cut.
    It is bad that they are not giving you specifics as to why they charged you, but all they are going to say in the end is that it is in their T&Cs, it is in their deposit page and , im not sure about the last, also as a popup on your first deposit.

fikoliko

what their T&C says and what they did will solve licence they hold. This is announcement to others what is SBOBET manner in these days.
    Last edited by fikoliko; 11-18-14 at 10:22 AM.

thordin86

5.8 Subject to the terms contained in these terms and conditions or any applicable law, the Customer may withdraw Betting Funds from their Account at any time. However the Customer is limited to making only 1 (one) request for withdrawal of Betting Funds within any one 24 hour period. The Customer shall be liable for all costs, taxes, levies and charges (including but not limited to bank and payment provider charges) incurred by the Operator in processing the Customer’s withdrawal of Betting Funds from or deposit of funds to the Customer’s Account. The Operator may at its sole discretion waive such costs, taxes, levies and charges but any such waiver shall not be deemed as a waiver of future costs, taxes, levies and charges

5.10 Notwithstanding the terms of Clause 5.8 above, the Operator reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to charge a sum equivalent to 5% (five percent) on any amount deposited or withdrawn or on both deposits and withdrawals made by the Customer, as the case may be, at any time and from time to time if the Operator shall in its sole discretion see fit. In the event that the Operator exercises this right, this sum of 5% (five percent) of the amount or amounts deposited or withdrawn by the Customer shall be immediately deducted from the Customer's Account.

Look, im not saying its fair, no bookies T&Cs are fair, but they are covered as we all agreed to them

fikoliko

5.8 Subject to the terms contained in these terms and conditions or any applicable law, the Customer may withdraw Betting Funds from their Account at any time. However the Customer is limited to making only 1 (one) request for withdrawal of Betting Funds within any one 24 hour period. The Customer shall be liable for all costs, taxes, levies and charges (including but not limited to bank and payment provider charges) incurred by the Operator in processing the Customer’s withdrawal of Betting Funds from or deposit of funds to the Customer’s Account. The Operator may at its sole discretion waive such costs, taxes, levies and charges but any such waiver shall not be deemed as a waiver of future costs, taxes, levies and charges

5.10 Notwithstanding the terms of Clause 5.8 above, the Operator reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to charge a sum equivalent to 5% (five percent) on any amount deposited or withdrawn or on both deposits and withdrawals made by the Customer, as the case may be, at any time and from time to time if the Operator shall in its sole discretion see fit. In the event that the Operator exercises this right, this sum of 5% (five percent) of the amount or amounts deposited or withdrawn by the Customer shall be immediately deducted from the Customer's Account.

Look, im not saying its fair, no bookies T&Cs are fair, but they are covered as we all agreed to them

OK so let's everyone know that they practise this normaly without notice too. Hopefully they will not make huge pain to many customers if they will be aware of deposit.

fikoliko

Thankfully I was given back also money they charged without notice. This is just to let you all know.

thordin86

Good to hear its all good in the end!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

books clamping down on dormant accounts

kvljkb
    kvljkb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I have no good news.

In my case I had balance in my account. I was betting and suddenly they send me this email that immediately they will charge me. No prior warning. I requested wd of 61k and they charged me 3k immediately. Still be aware of SBOBET if you have balance there! They simply can change their mind and charge you anytime :O

I had no more than 2 deposit per month so I am bit frustrated they killed mine 3k. If they notice me at least before deposit I would not complain at all but this behavior shocked for me :O Be Careful

jjgold

why 3k??

thordin86

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    why 3k??
    because of math
    61000*5/100=3050

kvljkb

Exactly, 61 623 EUR withdrawal request, and 3081.15EUR was taken from it which is 5% :O

I consider this as an extremely strange behavior. Moreover while I deposited on 15th November where I wager it full. I did not requested withdrawal till they suddenly send me an email on 19th November stating fees. If I only I would requested wd on 18th November they would process without problem however I planned to play on weekend too. Holding balance in SBOBET was time bomb for me and I think there will be much more such cases unfortunately. :/
    Last edited by kvljkb; 11-20-14 at 02:16 PM.

jjgold

That's a lot of money to be taken out of your balance

It seems very excessive

kvljkb

Excessive indeed. They took from my deposit + winning 5%. Nonsense. Stay away from this bookmaker it is time bomb. If only they behave fairly but charge existing balance without notice prior deposit looks like very robbery.

If only I would withdraw next day I would save 3k is this normal?

I cannot believe that terms they have are legit with license they hold. In this way they can make extra profit not only on losing bets but additional 5% on deposit and extra 5% on withdrawals. I would be glad to run such business. People be careful with SBObet these days.

xtrader
    xtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by kvljkb View Post
    Exactly, 61 623 EUR withdrawal request, and 3081.15EUR was taken from it which is 5% :O

I consider this as an extremely strange behavior. Moreover while I deposited on 15th November where I wager it full. I did not requested withdrawal till they suddenly send me an email on 19th November stating fees. If I only I would requested wd on 18th November they would process without problem however I planned to play on weekend too. Holding balance in SBOBET was time bomb for me and I think there will be much more such cases unfortunately. :/
    So you made a deposit on the 15th, wagered your balance maybe once and twice and then withdrew most of it on the 19th ? SBO isn't going to tolerate large deposits and low rollovers any longer.

If this isn't what happened I think thy will reimburse the fee. Otherwise you could file a complaint here.

kvljkb

I would not withdraw man if only they did not send an email. I would play for at least week or two :O wd on 19th was very logical as they wanted 5% on all my winnings. Such amount I dont pay with local bookamkers :O

I will take into consideration complain form here. This was firstly to know as many players as posible who are betting in sbobet to be careful and think twice whether to deposit and play with them. They have in terms something that we all should not tolerate so that without prior notice they will charge you.

dralexicdr
    dralexicdr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21435

Does this mean they can charge you whenever they want or only if you make multiple deposits/withdrawals within 24 hours?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

I've been looking through their T&Cs and can't find anything at all which talks about such fees and charges.

Can someone point me to where on the site this topic is covered?

faststeady
    faststeady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7820

arbers having to shift money much quicker these days has caused this reaction imo

IrelandisMine
    IrelandisMine's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBObet are good never had a problem with them

thordin86

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I've been looking through their T&Cs and can't find anything at all which talks about such fees and charges.

Can someone point me to where on the site this topic is covered?
    post#10

Quote Originally Posted by faststeady View Post
    arbers having to shift money much quicker these days has caused this reaction imo
    arbers are to blame indeed, for wanting to earn extra comissions.
    But, personally, i dont believe SBO would carelessly 5% charge someone unless they think he is multiaccoutning.
    Last edited by thordin86; 11-24-14 at 02:17 AM.

Hareeba!

post#10
    Yes, I saw that post so went looking under the T&Cs for it but couldn't locate anything like it.

Can you please direct me to where it says that?

fikoliko

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Yes, I saw that post so went looking under the T&Cs for it but couldn't locate anything like it.

Can you please direct me to where it says that?
    https://account.sbobet.com/join-now/...onditions.aspx

5 PAYMENT AND SECURITY

&

Even though I was paid back my fees I would recommend everyone stay away. They are getting greedy.

fikoliko

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandisMine View Post
    SBObet are good never had a problem with them
    I thought same until they started applying unnoticed fees.

fikoliko

Quote Originally Posted by dralexicdr View Post
    Does this mean they can charge you whenever they want or only if you make multiple deposits/withdrawals within 24 hours?
    They can do it anytime. You even dont need to be warned before your deposit or existing balance or prior withdrawal request. However in case of they do not warn you before withdrawal they may give you fee back as in my case.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by fikoliko View Post
    https://account.sbobet.com/join-now/...onditions.aspx

5 PAYMENT AND SECURITY

&

Even though I was paid back my fees I would recommend everyone stay away. They are getting greedy.
    Thanks for that link.
    But I remain rather puzzled.
    That page appears accessible only from the new member sign up link?
    Nowhere else on their site can I find it!
    Anybody able to advise on that?
    So does it apply only to new customers?
    When did you join up fikoliko?

thordin86

https://www.sbobet.com/en/legal/term...ditions/iomb2c

bottom of the betting page in asian view, this rule is there for a couple of years minimum

Hareeba!

https://www.sbobet.com/en/legal/term...ditions/iomb2c

bottom of the betting page in asian view, this rule is there for a couple of years minimum
    Ah!
    Thank you.
    I don't use Asian view and there is no such link to be found using European view!
    Strange.

jjgold

does anyone know theory behind fees??

12 Last