fikoliko
    fikoliko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    does anyone know theory behind fees??
    Lack of money due to leaving UK market? They need to fill treasury I guess :/

fikoliko

Strange that even though my case was resolved I haven’t heard from License yet. I filled complaint on 18th November 2014 at gov http://www.gov.im/gambling/players.xml and I have no single response from them. Looks like they cooperate extremely well. I don’t know whether they really started at least some steps to avoid such terms. Very sad.
    Last edited by fikoliko; 11-25-14 at 03:13 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by fikoliko View Post
    Lack of money due to leaving UK market? They need to fill treasury I guess :/
    I do not think this was a big UK book

UK bettors do not bet many asian soccer spreads and that is what SBOBET is geared too

UK bettors have many choices for soccer with good lines

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

I do not think this was a big UK book

UK bettors do not bet many asian soccer spreads and that is what SBOBET is geared too

UK bettors have many choices for soccer with good lines
    oh dear!
    this is similar to your garbage that US players are too dumb to use exchanges.
    for sure the small time retail UK player wouldn't have a clue even what an Asian handicap is.
    but the serious soccer punters are well and truly into it and SBO would have been one of their prime books for sure.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fikoliko

fikoliko

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    oh dear!
    this is similar to your garbage that US players are too dumb to use exchanges.
    for sure the small time retail UK player wouldn't have a clue even what an Asian handicap is.
    but the serious soccer punters are well and truly into it and SBO would have been one of their prime books for sure.
    Absolutely agree. Thx for clearing this to jjgold

jjgold

usa players never used exchanges..its why they ALL FAILED

Matchbook has customers from all over now and majority of their business is credit and only arbers

SBOBET had miniscule UK base

UK players do not venture out...

fikoliko

Matchbook has customers from all over now and majority of their business is credit and only arbers

Do you have any source of information which can support your saying? Isn’t it just your opinion?

jjgold

I am an expert Son

fikoliko

I am an expert Son
    I would say rather storyteller :/

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

3x turnover required from now on on new deposits to ''help'' avoid fees.
    Help, because they still have that rule where they can 5% you on their absolute discretion

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

JJ - please stop pretending you have a fugging clue what goes on outside the block you live on. The first and last comments in there actually made me chuckle out loud

jjgold

all facts

exchanges failed in usa

matchbook had little little volume when Americans were allowed to play there

get a clue man

chachi
    Lazy Git

Then you should be very clear ...

You said that all exchanges failed, and they haven't, and you allude UK bettors are afraid to wager outside their borders, and I personally know of many who do, and I did as well for a portion of the ~15 years I lived there.

Have you ever wagered from outside the US in your life JJ, save perhaps your bookie taking you to Tijuana for some throat stretching?

chachi
    Lazy Git

I mean, you've got both knowledge and humor to spread amongst the masses coach, but stick to what you actually know

gloriesam
    gloriesam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

sbo and pinnacle got tighter on bettingresource followers. they used to be awesome with high limits and the line used to move based on the money but now they move the odds based on just the picks knowing that they have huge following. This is worse than 5% fee because if a money line pick is released on +125 it will quickly move to +115 even before any money goes on the pick, then it will move even further down to +115 or so. This will add up to lot more than 5% in the long run. I rather gladly pay the 5% than these slashed up odds. Hopefully the recent downswing of bettingresource changes this behaviour by pinnacle and sbo bet.

gloriesam
    gloriesam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

many pros from usa used matchbook until they banned americans. before they banned americans, their main clientelle for all american sports was americans and it hurt then when the bill was passed and americans was kicked out...since then matchbook has diversified their clients but they are still far behind betfair.

sbo bet is as big as pinnacle or maybe even bigger and they had a massive clientelle from usa...the recent taxing system in usa might have changed things but they are huge with asians and europeans. cris doesn't come anywhere close to the volume handled in books like sbo bet or pinnacle.

chachi
    Lazy Git

exactly ... JJ is usually talking out his ass when pontificating about European/Asian bettors and firms

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

I dont see much movement on pinny regarding BR picks, just the college basketball, some tennis underdogs, you know relatively smaller markets.
    SBO, has low limits on american sports, except maybe NBA, and it only takes one bet to move the line.

And regarding the UK market, high-rollers can easily keep on betting on pinny and SBO via agents, and im sure they are doing so.
    Agents even offer £ accounts...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

I'll attempt to get some sort of clarification from SBObet about their fees policy and what players might be able to do to avoid it.

chachi
    Lazy Git

I only have maybe a dozen friends still with accounts with them, none say they have been tagged with fees at all.

All of them are active bettors doing €500-1000 per football game (soccer) and none make more than one/two WDs a month.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I only have maybe a dozen friends still with accounts with them, none say they have been tagged with fees at all.

All of them are active bettors doing €500-1000 per football game (soccer) and none make more than one/two WDs a month.
    I am not aware of anyone among the half dozen people I know using them charged fees either Chachi. Hopefully SBO can give us a little more clarity on what is going on with these people.

chachi
    Lazy Git

My guess would be high amt/low rollover churn and/or hit and run on goofball markets/lines.

Since OP alludes to betting all / cashing out within 72-96 hours, and then says he would've bet for a week or so before cashing out otherwise if they had not gotten an email about fees, I'm going with the former.

First 12