Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

5dimes btc withdrawal experience

Made my first btc withdrawal with 5d today, and thought I would pass along my experience, for anyone considering this route.

Overall it went pretty well. It took about 30 hours from when I emailed the request. I did check in a few times
    to make sure they hadn't forgotten about it, and got a snide email back reminding me of the customer agreement
    that stated it can take up to 24 hours to process a btc withdrawal request

I withdrew more than the free amount, so by the time 5d took their cut, the market price fluctuation and the fees from my btc holder to sell it, I lost about 2%. So probably better than I would have done to have them fedex a check.

Overall, not a bad experience, just hoped it would be a little quicker than it was. Maybe they will pick up the speed if it becomes a more common transaction.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

[QUOTE=Indeep;22798571...so by the time 5d took their cut...[/QUOTE]

What is 5D's cut on a Bitcoin withdrawal?

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    What is 5D's cut on a Bitcoin withdrawal?
    I don't know if it's based on how much you withdraw or not, but they charged me $15.00

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

A 30 hour withdraw in bitcoin is nothing special. Every place that uses bitcoin should be within the hour. I mean u can send it to them speedy fast.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

If bit coin is sent instantly not sure why it would take them 30 hours,,,,,,still better than a check,,,,,but I don't get why they can't do it faster

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

This bitcoin method doesnt sound too great anymore. I had high hopes too. Charging to withdraw?

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

If books are gonna take 30 hours to pay out via bitcoin they are doing their best to reduce the benefits of accepting bitcoin in the first place. Sending bitcoin is as simple as sending an email, no reason in the world why they should take that long.

I tried out a new UK book this last week to check out their live betting. Requested a withdrawal via moneybookers and it took over 72 hours to get paid. Will not be using that book again. I can understand delays with conventional methods of up to 24 hours if their staff only processes withdraws once a day at a specific time but waiting multiple days for simple payment types is ridiculous and I have very little tolerance for it.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

A book doing purely bitcoin has advantages processing it over the books that are adding it to what they have. Whether it is 24 hours or minutes 5Dimes has to review transactions just like they do any other because they are mixed together. Did the player play poker with a player who deposited via plastic? Did the BTC depositor roll his deposit bonus over from the other method he sent in 2 days earlier? Transfers from the BTC-only books often dont have to worry about bonuses or addresses or poker networks or if the customer is generally in good standing and in some cases who they are at all.

This is a good player review and it will be helpful to the player who is used to betting at bitcoin only books. It seems like right now books are adding it out of convenience to their users who think they have the best product. I also agree it would be nice if they processed BTC for free to emphasize the ease of it and see it grow. Making a point to have the transfers quick will be good advertising for the lowwer cost method. Maybe one day they will have account signup designated for Bitcoin users. It could mean even better perks as the costs go down. Right now all the established books are watching bitcoins to see how it will work.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Own a business---I bill for my work---sometimes takes 1 week to 30 days to get paid---you fuks are bitching about 30 hours???

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I don't mind too much that they're charging, because if they didn't, you know some people would abuse it and withdraw 50 or more times a month, and 5dimes is not set up like a bitcoin book, they probably do have more stringent time consuming checks for each withdrawal.

But if they're going to charge, they shouldn't have such a long delay before sending the money back.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    If books are gonna take 30 hours to pay out via bitcoin they are doing their best to reduce the benefits of accepting bitcoin in the first place. Sending bitcoin is as simple as sending an email, no reason in the world why they should take that long.

I tried out a new UK book this last week to check out their live betting. Requested a withdrawal via moneybookers and it took over 72 hours to get paid. Will not be using that book again. I can understand delays with conventional methods of up to 24 hours if their staff only processes withdraws once a day at a specific time but waiting multiple days for simple payment types is ridiculous and I have very little tolerance for it.
    Agree, especially when pinnacle can do it in 15 minutes. I would think they have the same security measures as other books.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sum this up

5 Dimes not a pure bitcoin book so of course going to be slower and payments a little slower

Pure Bitcoin basically instant no fees

HuskerExpat
    HuskerExpat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    sum this up

5 Dimes not a pure bitcoin book so of course going to be slower and payments a little slower

Pure Bitcoin basically instant no fees
    Not really a valid explanation. No reason it should take 30 hours. Nitrogen, for instance, will manually review your account if you've played poker for similar reasons. Still, their manual review usual takes no more than 30 minutes or so. No explanation for why a manual review should take 30 hours.

Mike1029
    Mike1029's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Good to know. I just sign up with 5 dimes

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    This bitcoin method doesnt sound too great anymore. I had high hopes too. Charging to withdraw?
    I believe you can take out $1,000 without a fee.

Update:
    Also, 5d sent me a followup email, letting me know what are the busiest btc w/d days(Monday & Tuesday) so it takes longer on those days, and that btc is becoming very popular with their customers, so they will be expanding that department.

Now I have to wait for Coinbase to finish the sale transaction. My sale has gone through, but they hold the money 4 days, which pushes this overall transaction to 7 days.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Quote Originally Posted by Indeep View Post
    I believe you can take out $1,000 without a fee.

Update:
    Also, 5d sent me a followup email, letting me know what are the busiest btc w/d days(Monday & Tuesday) so it takes longer on those days, and that btc is becoming very popular with their customers, so they will be expanding that department.

Now I have to wait for Coinbase to finish the sale transaction. My sale has gone through, but they hold the money 4 days, which pushes this overall transaction to 7 days.

Thanks for describing this process...that is a huge help. I am hoping this method gains some major traction and takes off...fingers crossed!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    A book doing purely bitcoin has advantages processing it over the books that are adding it to what they have. Whether it is 24 hours or minutes 5Dimes has to review transactions just like they do any other because they are mixed together. Did the player play poker with a player who deposited via plastic? Did the BTC depositor roll his deposit bonus over from the other method he sent in 2 days earlier? Transfers from the BTC-only books often dont have to worry about bonuses or addresses or poker networks or if the customer is generally in good standing and in some cases who they are at all.

This is a good player review and it will be helpful to the player who is used to betting at bitcoin only books. It seems like right now books are adding it out of convenience to their users who think they have the best product. I also agree it would be nice if they processed BTC for free to emphasize the ease of it and see it grow. Making a point to have the transfers quick will be good advertising for the lowwer cost method. Maybe one day they will have account signup designated for Bitcoin users. It could mean even better perks as the costs go down. Right now all the established books are watching bitcoins to see how it will work.
    5Dimes is a great book. There's no doubt about it. But three bitcoin books have bonuses with rollovers and are still able to process withdrawals much quicker than cash books dabbling in bitcoins.

Anonibet has a 10% cash bonus with a 1x rollover. Two books have poker rooms, Nitrogensports and Betcoinsports. These books get withdrawals out immediately at best to 2 hours at worst.

Esports and tiny markets may be manually reviewed that cause the short delays in grading. The bitcoin books are becoming very competitive and withdrawal times are very important to those just playing with bitcoins.

Bitcoin books don't charge for withdrawals, 4 cents at most. You can withdraw any time that you want. Because of the advantages of bitcoin books I'm really looking forward to the reviews by SBR.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-21-14 at 01:31 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    Own a business---I bill for my work---sometimes takes 1 week to 30 days to get paid---you fuks are bitching about 30 hours???
    Yep, especially when it takes less than one second for them to receive your money after you press submit.

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4411

Does Pinnacle take Bitcoins yet?

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Richard View Post
    Does Pinnacle take Bitcoins yet?
    Only through agents. They convert bitcoins to Asian currency, Hong Konk or Singapore, and put Asian dollars in your account. You only work with the agent and not with Pinnacle if there are any questions.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Do you trust Asian Connect?

I keep getting mixed signals from them both in my contacts with them and in what you hear in the forum.

I'd value your candid opinion...while of course realizing that my decisions are mine alone.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    Do you trust Asian Connect?

I keep getting mixed signals from them both in my contacts with them and in what you hear in the forum.

I'd value your candid opinion...while of course realizing that my decisions are mine alone.
    I probably would not risk taking a bonus from them as their terms regarding policing and penalties for 'bonus abuse' are not fair by industry standards.

Other than that I'd be personally happy to risk a medium amount there from what I know and have read.

raiders72001

As Optional pointed out, there have been problems with AsianConnect. They have locked accounts for bonus abuse. AC will also request personal information. The other pure bitcoin books ask for an email address at most.

OleBitcoin is the best of the agents imo. They were formerly known as SBOBitcoin. New agents are popping up and they may be legitimate but I don't see a reason to chance a new agent.

Unless you are a large player, you can get everything you want from other bitcoin books without going through an agent.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-22-14 at 03:15 AM.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    5Dimes is a great book. There's no doubt about it. But three bitcoin books have bonuses with rollovers and are still able to process withdrawals much quicker than cash books dabbling in bitcoins.

Anonibet has a 10% cash bonus with a 1x rollover. Two books have poker rooms, Nitrogensports and Betcoinsports. These books get withdrawals out immediately at best to 2 hours at worst.

Esports and tiny markets may be manually reviewed that cause the short delays in grading. The bitcoin books are becoming very competitive and withdrawal times are very important to those just playing with bitcoins.

Bitcoin books don't charge for withdrawals, 4 cents at most. You can withdraw any time that you want. Because of the advantages of bitcoin books I'm really looking forward to the reviews by SBR.
    Also lets not forget these books are new and bitcoin is relatively new. 105 juice and 10% bonuses at 1x roll on anonymous players arent sustainable. These books will learn what 5dimes did 10 years ago with the advantage of less overhead along the way.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Also lets not forget these books are new and bitcoin is relatively new. 105 juice and 10% bonuses at 1x roll on anonymous players arent sustainable. These books will learn what 5dimes did 10 years ago with the advantage of less overhead along the way.
    I'm not sure if they had the intent to run or just got burned, but BTCStakebet had a 100% cash bonus with a 3x rollover. They closed shop running with the money.

With the 10% cash and 1x rollover, that book is Anonibet. I can't see them going anywhere since they have been open since 2011. They would most likely just take it away if they were getting hurt too much. I'm taking advantage of it while it's there.