shopp
    shopp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Annoyed with youwager customer service

I freaking bet the wrong side on tennis match. I did it online called right away line didn't change match not starting for a while and they tell me NO. What the penetrate? I mean I am human I made mistakes, unreal this is how they treat their players. Need to go back to heritage where they would have taken care of me. I'm just venting as I know nothing sbr can do but the players should know how the customer service treats their players. Make a mistake, we don't care....

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Any chance the price had changed Shopp?

shopp

No change on the price. I confirmed that with them. They had a flag because I has a similar issue about 3 months ago. I make most of my bets online and a lot of them. I do make mistakes. It's sad that they couldn't honor this request. It's a $500 swing which is upsetting to me given the amount of business I give them and how much they are up on me since I started with them back on February. As I said before, heritage would have fixed in a heartbeat.

shopp

My player I took because I made a mistake just lost the first set. Not surprised. My winner I should have had will be a loser. It's my fault as I made the mistake ultimately but c'mon man. Now I want to bury this book!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

rough lesson, hopefully you end up winning the bet..

shopp

Nope just about lost the bet. Down 2 breaks in second set after losing first set. It is a tough lesson. Cost me $556 to be exact. What I did was human. What they did is disgusting. What goes around comes around. I am reloading the account for the $556 I should have had in there and will go on a tear to the point I hope the manager that did not help me loses his job. I am so pissed off right now.

shopp

It's official. Lost the bet. Match finished in under an hour. This hurts really bad. I don't know what to do.

JAKEPEAVY21

really sucks but my advice is not to do anything gamblingwise today if you are so upset...go to the gym or take a run or bang the shit out of your woman to take out the aggression..make a new plan of attack and come back with a clear head..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

shopp

Thanks jake. Appreciate your advice.

JAKEPEAVY21

no worries, I know it is hard not to try and win your money back but speaking from experience this is the type of scenario that can snowball into a really ugly loss if you start chasing..

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by shopp View Post
    No change on the price. I confirmed that with them. They had a flag because I has a similar issue about 3 months ago. I make most of my bets online and a lot of them. I do make mistakes. It's sad that they couldn't honor this request. It's a $500 swing which is upsetting to me given the amount of business I give them and how much they are up on me since I started with them back on February. As I said before, heritage would have fixed in a heartbeat.
    books will not change your bet, its standard practice, otherwise they would need to spend all their time changing bets. can you imagine 20 or 50 persons calling in to correct (change) their bets? and especially after you were flagged previously for the same thing. did they let you change your bet the previous time?
    also why didn't you place a bet on the other side to "cancel" your error. at least you would have lost only the vig on the two bets.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    books will not change your bet, its standard practice, otherwise they would need to spend all their time changing bets. can you imagine 20 or 50 persons calling in to correct (change) their bets? and especially after you were flagged previously for the same thing. did they let you change your bet the previous time?
    also why didn't you place a bet on the other side to "cancel" your error. at least you would have lost only the vig on the two bets.
    This

daringly
    daringly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4671

I like YW, but why on Earth would you play tennis there? Betonline, 5D, Pinny, and even Cris have lower vig on it.

shopp

I didn't have funds left to hedge. If I did I would have. I was going to run down to w u to reload and hedge but the match went bad so fast.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Once in awhile i will cancel a bet not often but modt times they let me but this was not with Youwager normally Rebatewager . If it is not something you do often and the match did mot start i do not see the big deal in cancelling it.Next time they call you to deposit i would tell them no and them doing this being the reason.

shopp

Cap- that's exactly what I was planning to do. I can't play there knowing it I make an infrequent mistake I am stuck. To me, if I am running a book I would do it for someone infrequently. If they call every day no but once every few months, what is the big deal? That is why I am so upset. I played with them virtually daily and they just discarded me. Poor customer service from my seat .

I have had this happen at heritage probably 8 times over the 10 years I have played with them and they never once gave me any hassle.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by shopp View Post
    Cap- that's exactly what I was planning to do. I can't play there knowing it I make an infrequent mistake I am stuck. To me, if I am running a book I would do it for someone infrequently. If they call every day no but once every few months, what is the big deal? That is why I am so upset. I played with them virtually daily and they just discarded me. Poor customer service from my seat .

I have had this happen at heritage probably 8 times over the 10 years I have played with them and they never once gave me any hassle.
    Great way to handle it. Maybe even send a polite email explaining that as a regular customer your disappointment over the situation leads you to not want to deposit there again.

I have been told the same as you by books that they will cancel a mistake for me once as a courtesy. But same as you I would hope a book where I am a regular bettor to still do it again if needed over the long term.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

You can be sure if they hung a "bad" line "by mistake" they would have had no trouble cancelling your bet. The double standard of not allowing for a mistake on your end, but fixing a mistake on their end has always been sickening and hypocritical.
    It's not Youwager I'm coming down on. It's all books that do this.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That's horrible customer service I would never ever play there now after reading this thread

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Great way to handle it. Maybe even send a polite email explaining that as a regular customer your disappointment over the situation leads you to not want to deposit there again.

I have been told the same as you by books that they will cancel a mistake for me once as a courtesy. But same as you I would hope a book where I am a regular bettor to still do it again if needed over the long term.
    \

U know i have cancelled a couple tennis bets basically i will bet to round an amount off or win a little before a later game i want to go all in. Then the tennis match gets pushed back for some reason . Next thing you know a 4 PM game is looking like it will start 630 so i call and just say the match did not start when it was supposed to and i only bet it because it would have been finished before the other game starts. Both times that happened they let me cancel it but again it was not YW .