Lapoo05
    Lapoo05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

5dimes Tricky business....

I tried to cancel a computer wager, I made with 5dimes over the phone... halfway through the process I changed my mind and hung up the phone. 5dimes decides to cancel the wager anyway, even after no confirmation was given. The wager then wins, so I called to see about my winnings, and after a lot of back and forths and empty excuses. They finally say that I confirmed the cancelation. I know this is not true, so I was told they would listen to the tape again, and to call back tomorrow.....My guess is, they cansay whatever they want...if I cant hear the tape....very very shady...for the life I dont understand an A+ rating.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Did they cancel before the game started? Check the transaction log. If they did, it was your responsibility to keep an eye on it. Could have easily just re-bet it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Lapoo05 View Post
    I tried to cancel a computer wager, I made with 5dimes over the phone... halfway through the process I changed my mind and hung up the phone. 5dimes decides to cancel the wager anyway, even after no confirmation was given. The wager then wins, so I called to see about my winnings, and after a lot of back and forths and empty excuses. They finally say that I confirmed the cancelation. I know this is not true, so I was told they would listen to the tape again, and to call back tomorrow.....My guess is, they cansay whatever they want...if I cant hear the tape....very very shady...for the life I dont understand an A+ rating.
    Seems a bit premature to be accusing them of being shady in public before they have even had a day to check out your claim.

Why would you hang up without making it clear you no longer wanted a cancellation btw?

Let us know how it goes.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

shady and tony sound right

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Seems a bit premature to be accusing them of being shady in public before they have even had a day to check out your claim.

Why would you hang up without making it clear you no longer wanted a cancellation btw?

Let us know how it goes.
    My guess is he did cancel it over the phone and now wants to be paid after it won.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    My guess is he did cancel it over the phone and now wants to be paid after it won.
    Some variation of this story for sure.

Lapoo05
    Lapoo05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

the point is...that the cancelation was never confirmed, so they shouldnt have canceled it. It works the same way as a wager...If the wager had loss then they probably would have said I didnt confirm it....

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Why didn't you check after you hung up the phone

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

the point is...that the cancelation was never confirmed, so they shouldnt have canceled it. It works the same way as a wager...If the wager had loss then they probably would have said I didnt confirm it....
    Well you can easily check if they left themselves a choice to say "you didn't confirm" it afterward by checking the time the wager was cancelled.

As you ignored the first poster who asked if it was cancelled pre-event can we assume that is the case?

You seem convinced that 5Dimes are determined to cheat you for some reason. Kind of like someone would act if they decided it was an opportunity to freeroll the book after hanging up on them and seeing the bet cancelled anyway. Not accusing you. Just sayin ;-)

But I guess 5Dimes can easily check if you accessed the Review Bets page after it was cancelled and before the event. So will be able to rule out that angle easily for you!

I'm sure they will treat you fairly.

Might be best to play somewhere else you trust more in future though.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Youre lucky they said theyed cancel it, Ive tried that before and they told me that all electronic wagers are final, after some back and forth they said the best they can do is switch the money to the other team, I said no thats ok and just said to heck with it, this was a few years ago, luckily Chris Paul made an astonishing play in the final seconds for a layup against Minnesota to seal my winnings. But yea 5dimes has gotten shady, I see it mostly in their withdrawals now, alot more slowpaying and less methods to withdraw, alot of run around now when there used to be none. I called to check up on a payout not long ago and they told me alot of people are making withdrawals so they have to take them as they come, went on chat and was told well its slow because if people dont make new deposits then they have less money to payout, I said lady Im not stupid Ive been gambling for a very long time, I know how this works and she had nothing to say after that. Ive heard from other members also about slower payouts. Shady, I only keep a few bills in there now to play around with, dont trust them anymore.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

you serious? you place the wager then ring up to cancel it then while on the phone hang up after telling them to cancel it...and now your moaning after it wins?? tony will tell you to pound sand, as he should.....

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

Don't know how the books put up with all these angle shooters

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Why didn't you check after you hung up the phone
    everyone and i mean everyone would do this. something is shady here but it does not seem to be 5dimes.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

make bet---cancel bet---do not confirm cancellation---if bet wins, want bet to stand---if bet loses, want bet cancelled

HuskerExpat
    HuskerExpat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
    you serious? you place the wager then ring up to cancel it then while on the phone hang up after telling them to cancel it...and now your moaning after it wins?? tony will tell you to pound sand, as he should.....
    Yeah, his story sounds a little shady. Why would he say "please cancel the wager" and hang up? Perhaps they should have "confirmed" but he should have also affirmatively told them he changed his mind. Sounds like b.s. to me.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

one time I try to cancel a horse race bet, I bet the wrong horse,before the race of course,when I call they told me , they don't cancel bet ,

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Pretty sure when the bets are confirmed online there final
    Once I backed the wrong team in a drunken state and tried to cancel they said all bets are confirmed once you confirm them online.

That's why there is almost a confirm screen on most books

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Just be glad they gave you the option to cancel the bet in the first place and that you did not lose money. Majority of books will never cancel a bet period.

5Dimes
    5Dimes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 458

07/17/2014 7:21AM EST
    Client posts wager on China in FIBA Asia Cup.
    Client calls in shortly afterwards to request a void exception.

07/17/2014 7:31AM EST
    Void of the wager is applied with the risk amount returned to his available account balance.
    An automated message is sent to his e-mail on file as well as an automated popup message appears on his account with the void details.
    Client is on the phone while the void exception is confirmed.
    Client responds with silence and hangs up the phone after the completed void confirmation has been read to him.

07/17/2014 7:35AM EST
    China vs Singapore game begins.

07/17/2014 thru 07/18/2014
    Client makes twenty more wagers in the next two days.
    Balance at the end of the day on 07/18/2014 is zero. No further account activity.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by 5Dimes View Post

Void of the wager is applied with the risk amount returned to his available account balance.
    An automated message is sent to his e-mail on file as well as an automated popup message appears on his account with the void details.
    Client responds with silence and hangs up the phone after the completed void confirmation has been read to him.

Balance at the end of the day on 07/18/2014 is zero. No further account activity.
    Broke dikk fukk.

HuskerExpat
    HuskerExpat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

BOOM! Where is the OP now???

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

you can't make this shit up. cancels a bet - 3 weeks later after going broke complaints about it, i guess looking for support here. i love this site. once saved me thousands and i get to read stuff like this. aside from people i know it's what i like best - a good comedy. this is funny.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

the thing is he KNOWS it's all recorded and they will get to the bottom of it.

it's pretty bad when you have to lie about it KNOWING it's not going to work anyways

rangerz2478

Lol I believe every word.