rmorales78
    rmorales78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Help!

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so I thought I would say hi

I have a dilemma, and was hoping someone here could help me as I normally haven't had any problems, since I am in Canada. I do rely quite heavily on Betfair for my picks, as a lot of them are lay bets and British horseracing. My dilemma is that tomorrow I am travelling to the US, and it did not occur to me that Betfair is blocked in the US (or so I've been told).

Is there any way to get around that? I don't need to place any bets while I'm away, but I do need to access the website (or at least the information in it)

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any help that could be provided would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, ladies and gentlemen!

Regards,

Ric
    Last edited by shari91; 07-29-14 at 02:24 AM.

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

Do not log in from the States. Your account will be locked immediately. Try using a VPN to get Canada IP.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

Install teamviewer on your pc or laptop. Setup teamviewer with a personal password so you can log in and control your desktop whenever you're on the road. Make sure your PC or laptop stay on while you're gone. Hope this help!

T4TRUTH
    T4TRUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

These guys are right, if you cannot or do not have time to set up all kinds of proxy servers and vpn networks. just leave the computer on at home with remote access turned on set it up so you can log into your home computer from anywhere. your home computer must remain on or have someone you can call to turn it on when you need to access it. then from anywhere you can log in to your home pc and use it just like you were sitting in front of it.. but if you are just going for a small holiday well ..take a break and enjoy yourself , if there is one thing for sure with uk racing there will be many may more races tomorrow and next week and next month. they are 7 days a week which si great as opposed to US with sometimes five days or four days of the bigger tracks.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Download the Tor Browser Bundle

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

It routes your internet traffic through a different country. Very easy to install and works like a charm. In your case, it should be enough to install it, open the browser, and navigate to Betfair. If it doesn't work, you have to select an exit node that is not from the US. However, do not use it to log in to your account or do anything security-related. Since your traffic is routed through the computers of others, malicious users can intercept usernames and passwords if the website is not secure.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I can verify that using VPN to get Canadian IP works. Did it in New Orleans for Uconn-Tucky.

bwinapati
    bwinapati's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

which vpn service are you use?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Few days is not going to hurt you

Take a break

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by bwinapati View Post
    which vpn service are you use?
    Hola. Its a browser extension.

But Coach has a point. Only reason I did it is because I wanted to have something riding on NCAA final while watching / hanging in the NO.