Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    I do not need the conclusion to this dispute to find them shady.

This email already told me they are shady. You never get this kind of letter from Pinnacle or 5dimes. Who doesn't love promotion? It is a site responsibility to have a system in place to prevent player from excess promotion. It is your site, your lines, your promotion, your rules. It is only after the fact he wins lot of money there is some kind of T & C he broke. This is obvious free-roll by the site. If you lose your deposit than too bad but if you win big, we will find a reason somewhere in the T & C not to pay you...... doesn't sound fair.

Dear Ms./Mr. Konstantin Boruk,

We regret to inform you that your Asianconnect account has been locked due to suspicious activities taking place on your account. We will not be reconsidering the status of the account and it will remain locked as this decision was made after a thorough investigation on your account.

Please note that pursuant to our Terms and Conditions we reserve the right to exclude any customers from bonus promotion, void possible winnings, NO refund of the original deposit, terminate your account or otherwise prohibit use of your account, if you are found to be abusing the promotion.

Best Regards,
    Asianconnect
    Risk Management Dept.
    So you've somehow come to the conclusion that there was no abuse by the customer?
    How?

Of course Pinnacle wouldn't do that. They don't offer bonuses so can't be subjected to bonus abuse.
    But they are totally intolerant of anyone attempting to put anything over them. One strike and you're out at Pinnacle.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    So you've somehow come to the conclusion that there was no abuse by the customer?
    How?

Of course Pinnacle wouldn't do that. They don't offer bonuses so can't be subjected to bonus abuse.
    But they are totally intolerant of anyone attempting to put anything over them. One strike and you're out at Pinnacle.
    I really don't care if the customer abuse the bonus are not, the site should have a system similar to atm machine....fool proof. If Boruk91 use friends/family name to take advantages of bonus & promotion, than that is a different story.

If Pinnacle ban a customer, do that customer lose all his/her winning & their deposit also? A honest site would simply give Boruk91 his winning & deposit, than ban his account for life. Stealing is stealing, there is no excuse.
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 07-15-14 at 10:29 PM.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post

If Pinnacle ban a customer, do that customer lose all his/her winning & their deposit also? A honest site would simply give Boruk91 his winning & deposit, than ban his account for life. Stealing is stealing, there is no excuse.
    Your references to Pinnacle are not relevant as there is no bonus involved. Pinnacle wouldn't pay bonus abusers either. From a moral standpoint of view, why is it stealing when a book refuses to pay someone who won money using a bonus that he was not eliglible for? You cannot steal what belongs to you from the start. Sure, it is very harsh indeed to keep the deposit amount as well, but if you're not okay with that, you should have read the rules before.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Refunding the deposit in these cases is the industry standard fair practice.

It's not uncommon with Asian books to have a rule to retain all funds if cheated though. I assume to serve as a stronger deterrent.

A book is entitled to write their own rules though and cultural differences across the world don't always see everyone viewing what is "fair" and reasonable in the same way.

Personally, I think it's counter productive as it worries genuine gamblers when they hear of anyone having a deposit retained, and has little effect on the bigger problem of people gnoming or those that come from risk free bonus hunter sites as they don't care about depositing significant amounts and expect to lose some balances as part of the 'game' anyway.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I agree on that part, they shouldn't keep the deposit. I still believe they are a reputable book. As long as you play by the rules, they treat you fair. That's what you read about them everywhere. I also opted for sign up bonuses at some smaller asian books and they had similar rules and some of the most ridiculous rollover requirements I've ever seen, but in the end they paid me.

sports_quant99
    sports_quant99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    How?

Curious - what would be an example of something somone could do at Pinnacle that would get them banned?
    Thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Barrakuda

Optional

Update

Some weeks ago Asian Connect agreed to re-open their investigation into this matter.

As part of that they sent a postal verification code to the player.

The player says that due to war activity he was moved to a new address and was unable to receive and complete the postal verification.

Asian Connect will move no further without completion of that verification.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Update

Some weeks ago Asian Connect agreed to re-open their investigation into this matter.

As part of that they sent a postal verification code to the player.

The player says that due to war activity he was moved to a new address and was unable to receive and complete the postal verification.

Asian Connect will move no further without completion of that verification.
    So he's stuffed then without moving back to the old location

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    So he's stuffed then without moving back to the old location
    If he contacts me again I will try to advocate for a new verification to be sent to a new address, but it is not simply address verification AC are concerned about and under the circumstances I am not surprised they see this as further proof of what they already felt quite sure of to start with.

I do feel for the guy. He comes across as quite genuine.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If he contacts me again I will try to advocate for a new verification to be sent to a new address, but it is not simply address verification AC are concerned about and under the circumstances I am not surprised they see this as further proof of what they already felt quite sure of to start with.

I do feel for the guy. He comes across as quite genuine.
    Yes hopefully sbr can help him get some funds does sound genuine and a case of a book enforcing the abusing the bonus rule

thebaibol
    thebaibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

how did this end up? Any updates?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by thebaibol View Post
    Nothing more happened since posts #42 and #44.

The player disappeared.

Still think about this case occasionally. It was a life changing amount for a guy who said his family had been forced out of their village by the war in Ukraine and this money would have helped a bunch of people to get re-housed.

I hope he really was just a good conman as the book thought, but I didn't think so at the time. :\

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by thebaibol View Post
    He go back to war infested Country to take KYC letter,rest of the story you can imagine.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Any update on this?

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

That's why you should never accept bonuses, the conditions are horrible most of the time.

rambo2011
    rambo2011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Warnig Asianconnect Not Pay !!!! he have closed my Fairchange acount !!!! bevor j lost all ok for asinconnect not closed after wen j win money he closed my acount and he will not pay out !!!!!! here the original email:

Crish (Asianconnect)
    Aug 8, 14:07 CST
    Hi Gxxxxx,

I hope this email finds you well.

We are writing to inform you that we have been notified by our upline regarding irregular betting activities found in your account. In this regards, upline have decided to suspend and put your balance on hold for further investigation.

We thank you for your understanding on this matter as we have no control over upline's process in connection with player’s betting pattern.

We will notify you once we have received any updates from Upline.

If you have any concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best Regards,
    Crish
    Support Agent Team

First 12