Nazarus868
    Nazarus868's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Its gone quiet again....

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

We must wait until ASIC finish their investigation. I thought about contacting Australian police but only found phone numbers, and I am not good with speaking English.

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Again, just because this forum has gone quiet, don't assume nothing is happening. Like it or not, authorities (in this case the regulator of Australian companies - ASIC) take time to get their facts and timelines in order. It could be months before you guys hear anything. You really haven't got much choice other than to come into the forum every few days in case there's news. As soon as there is, rest assured it will be posted in here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lcasey, and simply

lcasey
    lcasey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2238

exactly ,sound advice .keep posting ,liam

Nazarus868
    Nazarus868's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

its gone quiet again...... lol

paybk99
    paybk99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Its not quiet as u think, i check the post every day and 100 others do the same. Its just that we dont live either in AUS or in UK so we dont have any news. just waiting for ASIC report.

simply
    Update your status

Got info from Skrill that they also investigate this case, hopefully that will be some good news to us soon. 9 months of waiting...

crikey128
    crikey128's Avatar Become A Pro!

The quickest way to get any action is to get the full names of directors, where they are based/resident, then contact the TAX & VAT authorites in that jurisdiction. Its clear the directors wont have declared any of these gains to the Authorites for tax purposes. Therefore the TAX & Customs will be on their case and have more powers than most police forces. Just a thought that may or may not work, but it will bring more heat to them.
    I owed £889 GBP
    Account No.1162566

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27594

Quote Originally Posted by crikey128 View Post
    The quickest way to get any action is to get the full names of directors, where they are based/resident, then contact the TAX & VAT authorites in that jurisdiction. Its clear the directors wont have declared any of these gains to the Authorites for tax purposes. Therefore the TAX & Customs will be on their case and have more powers than most police forces. Just a thought that may or may not work, but it will bring more heat to them.
    I owed £889 GBP
    Account No.1162566
    Directors very well could have written themselves large bonuses as severance packages perhaps or under some other guise, wages owed maybe, just prior to closing the doors, and as directors of a company they would, on the surface of things, be within their normal duties to do so, and it could all be taxed accordingly.

I suspect that is most likely where our final deposits went.

It would take an investigation by a 3rd party to determine such income by the directorss were not deserved and were actually fraud, theft etc.

pajo1206
    pajo1206's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

People, we have to be active. If we are inactive this will be forgotten soon.

So, if you want your money be active more than ever. Write, ask, call... to all bodies.

Do, not leave those cheater to come like this.

We will make them pay in the end. One way or another.

Come on!!!

simply
    Update your status

This will not be forgotten until they pay. We must wait until ASIC finish investigation. I thought about calling Australian police, but my English is not good enough to correspond.

kmy1
    kmy1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Not sure if this is an use to anyone but I set up a monitoring service for a website called Companies in the uk to track any changes to Canbet UK Limited. Anyway got an email on 05/07/14 to let me know about the following:

New Company Document Available

Form: GAZ1 - First notification of strike-off action in London Gazette (Section 1000)

FIRST GAZETTE

Not entirely sure what this means or whether it is to be expected but thought would share it with the group just in case.

Anyway fingers crossed this whole matter gets sorted and everyone gets some closure on this

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by kmy1 View Post
    Not sure if this is an use to anyone but I set up a monitoring service for a website called Companies in the uk to track any changes to Canbet UK Limited. Anyway got an email on 05/07/14 to let me know about the following:

New Company Document Available

Form: GAZ1 - First notification of strike-off action in London Gazette (Section 1000)

FIRST GAZETTE

Not entirely sure what this means or whether it is to be expected but thought would share it with the group just in case.

Anyway fingers crossed this whole matter gets sorted and everyone gets some closure on this

Good pick up.

Here is what it means

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/pdf/gbw2.pdf

A creditor needs to apply to prevent the striking off by the looks. (that's one of you guys owed)

DenisBlr
    DenisBlr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Hi,could you please add me to the list.
    acc: 1159669 ... ~1751$.
    Do you think there is any chance of a refund?

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

This application looks bogus and unlawful. This is not without penalty. Are they concealing the application?

[http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/pdf/gbw2.pdf]

Offences and penalties
    It is an offence:
    • to apply when the company is ineligible for striking-off;
    • to provide false or misleading information in, or in support of, an
    application;
    • not to copy the application to all relevant parties within seven days;
    • not to withdraw the application if the company becomes ineligible.
    Most offences attract a fine of up to £5,000 on summary conviction (before a
    magistrates' court) or an unlimited fine on indictment (before a jury). If the
    directors deliberately conceal the application from interested parties, they are
    liable not only to a fine but also up to seven years imprisonment.

simply
    Update your status

At least they must be fined on some way.

RyDLloyd
    RyDLloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

As a UK creditor holding a CCJ in respect of an unpaid debt I believe I am eligible to formally object to the strike off action that has been submitted. I have not been informed within 7 days of submission either which opens them up to potential fines etc.

I have contacted companies house for details on how to formally object.

Being owed in excess of £3,000 and having paid court fees etc already to obtain by CCJ I am loathe to pay anything further if objection carries a fee as I hold no hope of getting back what I am owed but we will see what they say.

If anyone has any experience in this with the UK legal system and companies house please do let me know.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

ASIC contacted me at 6pm tonight to unfortunately say they've finally finished their investigation and will not be proceeding further. They have "verified the information I provided and undertaken its own activities and inquiries but after weighing the obligations under the law against the evidence available, ASIC has decided not to take any action in relation to the issues you raised at this time."

They also advised me to go after them in civil court but as I have no money involved, there's not much I can really sue them for. However if there's an Aussie in here who is owed and is willing then you would be able to sue. There were a few other things they said that I don't want to put out in public but where it stands now they consider the case closed but will reopen it if we can come up with more information ie from staff, documents, etc.

They sent me an email and also a hard copy letter is on its way so at least we have the reference # and name of who was leading this investigation should we get some more proof.

I forgot to say I'm going to contact this lead investigator tomorrow to see if they'll let me know exactly what happened for them to stop pursuing this case. Just in case it's something we can fix or if they felt a piece of information was missing.
    Last edited by shari91; 07-23-14 at 08:04 AM.

simply
    Update your status

Firstly, Shari thank you for all your efforts, please inform us what will say lead investigator. As I see we live in world where anyone can take your money and disappear without any consequences. If some Aussie is ready to sue them in front of all of us, I assume that many will be happy to be involved and contribute some money for lawyer and other costs. I can't wait to see what will say lead investigator.

RoepStoep
    RoepStoep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Unbelievable... Thanks so much for your efforts shari, it appears we should all get into the scamming/ripping-off/stealing bussiness, there is a lot of money to be made with virtually no risk involved...

simply
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RoepStoep View Post
    Unbelievable... Thanks so much for your efforts shari, it appears we should all get into the scamming/ripping-off/stealing bussiness, there is a lot of money to be made with virtually no risk involved...
    Yeah, that looks like very good business opportunity

GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

So I've lost almost half of my life savings. I can mark today as the worst day of my life. Faith in humanity lost.

Thank you Gambling Commission, you're the reason why I've deposited my money even after the slow pay already started. Thanks to your guarantees worth nothing...
    Last edited by GuybrushT; 07-23-14 at 11:55 AM.

GuybrushT

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    They also advised me to go after them in civil court but as I have no money involved, there's not much I can really sue them for. However if there's an Aussie in here who is owed and is willing then you would be able to sue.
    That means we non Australians cannot do anything? Not a chance of a collective suing?

simply
    Update your status

Probably there is not enough Aussies owed for ASIC to be interested to do something. I just wonder what would be outcome if only Aussies involved here

GuybrushT

Quote Originally Posted by simply View Post
    Probably there is not enough Aussies owed for ASIC to be interested to do something. I just wonder what would be outcome if only Aussies involved here
    It looks a GOOD lawyer should be consulted to see what we can do. But good lawyers cost. But if we could agree on a collective legal action, maybe we could do it. We CANNOT give up. We know we are right!

simply
    Update your status

Firstly we must hear what lead investigator will say. Maybe some Aussie involved here know some good lawyer in Melbourne or near. We can propose him some percent(10% at least) of our stolen money if he can win the case. He can earn over $100000 or much more if force them to pay.

GuybrushT

Firstly we must hear what lead investigator will say. Maybe some Aussie involved here know some good lawyer in Melbourne or near. We can propose him some percent(10% at least) of our stolen money if he can win the case. He can earn over $100000 or much more if force them to pay.
    The problem is IF some good lawyer would accept that terms (if we get our money, he gets a percentage). What if we do not win on court? Usually lawyers want be paid, no matter if they win or no.

simply
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    The problem is IF some good lawyer would accept that terms (if we get our money, he gets a percentage). What if we do not win on court? Usually lawyers want be paid, no matter if they win or no.
    You are right, but maybe someone will accept and that is most equitable way for us to pay. I don't know how much lawyers in Australia earn, but I assume 100000 or 200000$ would be solid money. I need to work about 30 years in my country to earn this. And for example if he request 10000$ in front, how we will collect money? someone don't have money to contribute, and every of us have different amount stolen.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

This is an extremely disappointing outcome. I really thought ASIC would have found enough to mount a worthwhile case.

That was the only real chance of getting some degree of justice.

I see no prospect for joy in any kind of civil action.

GuybrushT

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    This is an extremely disappointing outcome. I really thought ASIC would have found enough to mount a worthwhile case.

That was the only real chance of getting some degree of justice.

I see no prospect for joy in any kind of civil action.
    So I can hang myself.

wailoktam
    wailoktam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

hi, all,

i have the experience of joining a collective case against a bankrupted company which i was a stockholder of. i have also sued an oxbridge univ for taking my money but just telling me to fool around as a phd student.

in the stock case, i need to pay ab 5% of my stocks in advance. in the oxbridge case, i pay ab 30000 gbp to lawyers. i get back the 30000gbp fr the oxbridge univ.In

i think lawyer is the way to go. we probably need a leader to organize it and i think he would deserve paying a
    bit less.

i am not an aussie. i think we can have an aussie to approach a lawyer.
    the initial consultation is usu free.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I haven't heard anything back yet but I can try to call around tomorrow to a few of those "no fee unless you win" places to see if any of them are interested. They won't take the case unless they think you have a shot of winning so it'll also give us a good gauge of whether or not it's even worth pursuing further. If all else fails and we can't find an Aussie who is owed $ that is willing to do this, I'll see if I can represent everyone. Like act as the plaintiff by proxy or whatever the proper term is (if that's even allowed, that is).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: simply

simply
    Update your status

Ok Shari, you are well informed about this case, so you can explain very well to a lawyers this case. If some of them estimate to win case then he can take good percent of money (at least couple of hundreds thousands $). In second case if you would be able to represent all of us , you can count for same money if we win. Big thanks.

GuybrushT

Ok Shari, you are well informed about this case, so you can explain very well to a lawyers this case. If some of them estimate to win case then he can take good percent of money (at least couple of hundreds thousands $). In second case if you would be able to represent all of us , you can count for same money if we win. Big thanks.
    Of course. Even if she said many times she doesn't want any money for what she's doing, I think we would all agree she deserve to get a part of the eventual returns. It would be the minimum for all the help she offered us!

First ... 38394041424344 ... Last