44hawk
    44hawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Carry on from last post
    "We wish to stress at this point in time that the directors of Canbet are doing everything possible to ensure that you are paid."Well obviously not enough as we have still not got our money?

"This has not been deliberate in any shape or form and we look forward to reaching a satisfactory outcome." "we reiterate that we have not abandoned Canbet or its clients and are working towards the objective of full payout of legitimate claims"
    Well mine is legitimate and you have still not paid me????

44hawk

11/03/14…Shortened version….Peter Lord Canbet clutching at straws or lying?
    "As previously advised on 12th February, 2014, the company has engaged a business asset agent to liquidate assets from within Canbet and its associated companies to recoup the funds to pay you and other clients." "This process is continuing and discussions have been held with a number of parties that have shown interest in acquiring the company and/or its assets which would result in you receiving a payment" "to ensure that we can achieve what we have set out to do – to ensure you are paid." "ill informed public comments and speculation by disgruntled customers only serve to defeat the purpose in what we are trying to achieve – you want to be paid, we want to ensure you are paid""Again, the Directors reiterate that we have not abandoned Canbet or its clients and are working towards the objective of a successful outcome"
    Pay you, you receiving a payment, to ensure you are paid, we want to ensure you are paid.....
    promises, promises and nothing else. And then Peter Lord Canbet starts to blame and slag off "disgruntled customers". Well welcome to the real world Mr Failed Businessman, you take clients money, promise everything and deliver nothing but heartache. If you want to blame someone look in the mirror and check your career to date, appalling isn't it.

lcasey
    lcasey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2238

they had no intention of paying still offering bonuses when they had already drained the well, they are no better than armed robbers

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

A lot of the focus seems to be on Peter Lord but not so much on Graeme White - is there a reason for that?

nurmix
    nurmix's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am happy to join this campaign against Peter Lord. Guys are doing great job and i'm pretty sure that they'd succeed.

I recommend to everyone who was robbed by Canbet to join us as soon as possible.

lcasey

anybody on here that has been screwed over by peter lord and CANBET , please get onto your twitter accounts and start telling your story ,there are literally 1000s out there get busy pressure is building on the crooks ,liam
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: simply

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

I second what Liam has said. Don't just retweet, but feel free to add your own thoughts and experiences to the conversation. And where possible, please add the #canbet hashtag to each tweet. The walls are closing in faster than ever for Lord and White.

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by King_Suckerman View Post
    A lot of the focus seems to be on Peter Lord but not so much on Graeme White - is there a reason for that?
    The main reason for this is that Peter Lord has been busy spruiking all kinds of other scams since the demise of Canbet - without enough smarts to cover his online tracks. Whereas Graeme White has basically been underground for the past year (in an online context at least.)

But you're right, make no mistake, Graeme's responsibility for the collapse of Canbet should not be understated. He was the mainstay director at the iGas office, whereas Peter only visited from interstate about once a week.

King_Suckerman

Thanks. Never seen the word "spruiking" before, or is it a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    The main reason for this is that Peter Lord has been busy spruiking all kinds of other scams since the demise of Canbet - without enough smarts to cover his online tracks. Whereas Graeme White has basically been underground for the past year (in an online context at least.)

But you're right, make no mistake, Graeme's responsibility for the collapse of Canbet should not be understated. He was the mainstay director at the iGas office, whereas Peter only visited from interstate about once a week.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-23-15 at 01:08 PM.

King_Suckerman

Thanks Hareeba. Thought it might be Australian.

mojobullfrog

Yeah, in future I'll try to stick to the Queen's english instead of throwing in Australianisms

Thanks to all those who have been using Twitter to stir up publicity. Remember, where you can, use the hashtag #canbet. Refer to BOTH Peter Lord and Graeme White... after all, Graeme is as much responsible for your losses as Lord. I won't post twitter handles in here, simply search for #canbet and you'll soon see who to follow.

Also, please link to any blogs and websites.

Keep this up guys. We've attracted some useful helpers in the past week... from local politicians to journalists.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: simply

44hawk

Simple helping hand for anyone who is struggling with what Tommy & John are asking.

If anyone is having any problem at all, and I mean at all, please contact me

I will help anyone I can as much as I can.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-28-15 at 04:26 AM. Reason: removed email address

cantbet2014
    cantbet2014's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Hey,

Just wanted to check in and say hi. John and Tommy have been doing an epic job and it's felt very satisfying to play my small part with the twitter campaign. I'd urge everyone involved to really make sure they RT and favourite everything John has asked us to RT and favourite. That way we won't receive cheesed off emails from them telling us off!

Also, can everyone honestly say they've sent tweets every day to every address on the list John emailed out? This task takes just a few minutes per day and is an easily achievable target. It's a small and simple action compared to the time and effort John and Tommy are having to spend on larger actions. They're doing the big stuff so we have to do this smaller stuff. So get tweeting!

And take advantage of trending topics. If a certain phrase is trending that you can drop into a coherent sentence then use it and hashtag it, that way our tweets will start being read in all sorts of random corners of twitter. We just need to keep at it and have patience. A big well done to everyone who has been following the instructions!

Cheers!

44hawk

Newly found Tommy email

I am owed a four figure amount of money from Canbet & like everyone else wants to see this returned but so far it seems we haven’t got even close to this happening. I decided to look into about Canbet's financial situation myself to see if I could find out anything that had not been uncovered before. It has been a painstaking process to find things out & lay it out logically but my hope is that what I have found will help compile a case with factual evidence about Canbet.

All of the information I have provided are facts, not assumptions.

44hawk

Firstly, alongside Peter Lord and Graham White as Directors, you may or may not know, there were 2 other individuals involved in the demise of Canbet – Ashish Kapadia & Hardik Dhebar

An extract below was taken from company records of IGAS - the holding company of Canbet showing the removal of all parties on 5 Jan 2014, soon after the Canbet website has shut down.

2014-01-05 delete otherexecutives Ashish Kapadia
    2014-01-05 delete otherexecutives Graeme White
    2014-01-05 delete otherexecutives Hardik Dhebar
    2014-01-05 delete otherexecutives Peter Lord

Ashish Kapadia is the Managing Director & Hardik Dhebar the Chief Operating Officer of a company called Delta Corp.
    Delta Corp are the biggest Offshore Gaming Company in India.

44hawk

A further search on the company records of Canbet shows the following information being added on 14th Feb 2014

2014-02-14 insert address 109, Bayside Mall, 1st Floor, Opp. Sobo Central Mall, Tardeo Road, Haji Ali, Mumbai - 400 034
    2014-02-14 insert email se..@deltin.com
    2014-02-14 insert fax +91 22 4079 4777
    2014-02-14 insert phone +91 22 4079 4700

The above details are the address and contact details for Delta Corp.

To link this in with what creditors were being told at the time, below is the content of an email Canbet sent on 12 Feb 14, which was 2 days before the above changes were made.

44hawk

EMAIL FROM CANBET

Dear Canbet Clients

We are writing to update you on your client withdrawal that is still outstanding and explain the reason behind the delay. As has been previously reported during the last quarter of 2013 an issue occurred in the Canbet IT system that was related to a number of bonuses and promotions that were offered to our clients. This issue has been fully investigated and the outcome that resulted left a discrepancy between what management believed were the client balances and what the actual balances were.

44hawk

At the end December as the full extent of this procedure was becoming clear, the step was taken to cease trading until the problem was completely identified. During January we were able to ascertain the full extent of what has taken place and as such there was a cash deficit within Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Ltd.

This has occurred through the issuing of the cash bonuses which far outweighed the sum of cash deposits, therefore creating a “bubble effect” within our customer balances. Once discovered, the preference of the Directors of the company was to work with the shareholders to increase the capital within the company that would alleviate the problem and pay out the existing claims. The directors initially hoped that the parent company would reach agreement amongst the shareholders for this to occur, but unfortunately agreement could not be reached with the majority shareholder. We acknowledge that we had made previous statements that were made on the belief that these funds would be forthcoming and apologise for the inconveniences that this has caused. Such statements were made in good faith

44hawk

As such, the Directors over the last week have taken the steps to engage and work with a business asset agent to liquidate assets from within Canbet and its associated companies to recoup the funds to pay you and other clients. We wish to stress at this point in time that the directors of Canbet are doing everything possible to ensure that you are paid.

The UK Gambling Commission have continually been updated with our progress and have been advised of the direction that the directors have taken and are aware of the circumstances that have led to this decision. They also have diligently sought information from the company’s independent auditors and legal counsel ensuring that the facts that have been portrayed can be verified. They have also received a copy of this letter.

Finally, we wish to acknowledge that this experience has caused a lot of angst and anger amongst the Canbet customers. This has not been deliberate in any shape or form and we look forward to reaching a satisfactory outcome.

In summary, we reiterate that we have not abandoned Canbet or its clients and are working towards the objective of full payout of legitimate claims.

Regards

Board of Directors
    Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Ltd

mojobullfrog

Good work 44hawk. It helps everyone remember the exact details of what was said/promised, and when.

If anyone else has correspondence from Canbet, whether it's emails or dialogue in social media, please post (minus any personal details like names, account numbers, etc.)

Namechanger
    Namechanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

11th March, 2014

Dear Canbet Clients

This letter is to update you on the latest developments within Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Ltd. As previously advised on 12th February, 2014, the company has engaged a business asset agent to liquidate assets from within Canbet and its associated companies to recoup the funds to pay you and other clients.

This process is continuing and discussions have been held with a number of parties that have shown interest in acquiring the company and/or its assets which would result in you receiving a payment. At this point we are yet to finalise anything definitive, although we are hopeful that a resolution will be secured shortly.

Despite much speculation in the media and on forums, the company remains out of administration and it is the Directors desire to remain this way to ensure that we can achieve what we have set out to do – to ensure you are paid. That being said, now that we have undertaken this route, ill informed public comments and speculation by disgruntled customers only serve to defeat the purpose in what we are trying to achieve – you want to be paid, we want to ensure you are paid.

Again, the Directors reiterate that we have not abandoned Canbet or its clients and are working towards the objective of a successful outcome.

Regards

Board of Directors
    Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Ltd

mojobullfrog

For anyone new to this thread who has a past association with Canbet, Peter Lord or Graeme White, please follow the Twitter conversation. Use the hashtag #canbet and you'll soon get the hang of what's taking place.

44hawk

Hi Canbet Fighters, I have emailed KPMG to confirm how much money they assessed was there to pay us, The Gambling Commission the same question and a Freedom of Information request for everything they have since this came to a head and my MP in case I hit any hurdles.
    Will keep you posted. Keep up the fight to get our money back and Peter Lord to get jail time or prosecuted and fined at the very least.

lcasey

well done 44hawk keep up the pressure

mojobullfrog

Great stuff 44hawk. Feel free to post any details on Twitter as well.

King_Suckerman

Any updates 44hawk?

mojobullfrog

Attention: Canbet customers and anyone else following this ongoing saga.

Please check out the Twitter feed and search for Canbet to find all the latest info. Better still, visit the websites that are mentioned there which have been set up to showcase Lord's other activities.

Please contribute, even if it's for just a couple of minutes each day. Believe me, every little bit helps.... and if you want an outcome you simply can't expect others to do all the work for you.

There are still quite a few of us doing all we can and we don't plan on giving up until Lord and White are made accountable for what they did to so many people.

So, who else is in??
    Nomination(s):

mojobullfrog

Some big news about Peter Lord to be revealed in the coming days. Watch this space.

lcasey

hi mojo and all others out there,dont like to sound negative but sense that the only big news we will hear about Peter Lord is that he will be opening another scam business .It will probably be another on-line betting company.The truth in the world ,and always has been, is that investors will always back someone who can make money whether it be by foul means or fair ,and if a scheme like the large bonus appears again, and investors know they have a man that has in the past executed a plan which profits them and has no chance of losing their investment,they will be backing him to the hilt. The world is full of people like us that have been scammed ,I dont see any organisations stacking up behind us to get our money back. The Gambling Commission virtually gives betting sites "carte blanc " to screw their clients with an air of 'you gamble at your own discretion ",and your losses through a scam are treated the same as a losing bet. If he resided in the UK i would have confronted the man face to face. I work in the horse racing industry and my only chance of getting any response would have been to try and shame or embarrass him within that industry . Then that may have been a chance to recoup my losses,but Peter Lord would not have offered to pay up all Canbet punters and wouldnt have the finances anyway . Thanks to anyone who may have read this,and I would love to hear your thoughts on my letter and your own thoughts , regards liam

fidelio
    fidelio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1220

Quote Originally Posted by lcasey View Post
    hi mojo and all others out there,dont like to sound negative but sense that the only big news we will hear about Peter Lord is that he will be opening another scam business .It will probably be another on-line betting company.The truth in the world ,and always has been, is that investors will always back someone who can make money whether it be by foul means or fair ,and if a scheme like the large bonus appears again, and investors know they have a man that has in the past executed a plan which profits them and has no chance of losing their investment,they will be backing him to the hilt. The world is full of people like us that have been scammed ,I dont see any organisations stacking up behind us to get our money back. The Gambling Commission virtually gives betting sites "carte blanc " to screw their clients with an air of 'you gamble at your own discretion ",and your losses through a scam are treated the same as a losing bet. If he resided in the UK i would have confronted the man face to face. I work in the horse racing industry and my only chance of getting any response would have been to try and shame or embarrass him within that industry . Then that may have been a chance to recoup my losses,but Peter Lord would not have offered to pay up all Canbet punters and wouldnt have the finances anyway . Thanks to anyone who may have read this,and I would love to hear your thoughts on my letter and your own thoughts , regards liam
    The campaign leader and the rest of us are doing what we can to expose what happened to us at Canbet. It feels better than passively worrying about the significant sum I lost at Canbet and what it could have done for my family.

regards

Fidelio

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by lcasey View Post

Thanks for your thoughts lcasey. Everyone has their own take on this whole saga... and I do understand your point of view. From a personal perspective, I have spent the best part of 3 years dealing with Peter Lord's abuse of power, so know as well as anybody else the frustrations involved. Along with others such as John and Tommy, and Shari before them, I have also spent a great deal of my free time digging deeper and uncovering more and more dirt on how Peter and his wife Linda propped up their expensive lifestyle.

The last few weeks have proven particularly fruitful on this front. You will all be made aware of these new developments as soon as we can make them public. So all I can say for the moment is to please hang tight. You've seen it through this far already. As 'fidelio' mentioned, this is no longer squarely about recouping the money lost by customers. There have been so many others who have been scammed over the past years - students, business colleagues, employees, contractors and consultants. Not only have they lost money, but often their self-confidence and their standing within their industry and local communities. But building a true picture of the destruction caused by Lord has taken time. A lot of time. So I hope you can understand this and remain patient for a little longer.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chachi

mojobullfrog

More Effort Needed

To the hundreds of people who have regularly read and contributed to this forum over the past 18+ months, we are entering a crucial period in the Canbet saga.

Now is the time to show your support for those of us who have been trying to get to the bottom of what happened to your money. Please keep up the contributions in here, even if it's just a few words. This is still an important resource for anyone new to the Canbet situation.

Also, please view the Canbet activity on Twitter. If you don't have a Twitter account, it only takes 5 minutes to sign up, and will allow us to increase the groundswell of support for the action group. This has so far proven an invaluable method for making prominent people aware of the situation. You will also find many links to the websites and blogs that have been set up by various members.

Again, it's important that everyone chips in. If you don't, then it shows me and others that you've probably given up. Or worse, that you think it's ok for the likes of Peter Lord to shaft innocent people of their savings. Of course, if that's your prerogative - fine. Just don't expect any favours if a financial solution is achieved.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    Some big news about Peter Lord to be revealed in the coming days. Watch this space.
    I've been watching but not seeing anything.

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I've been watching but not seeing anything.
    Sometimes things take longer than you expect when you're an amateur with few resources, little spare time, and no financial backing. But thanks for the encouragement!

There are also legal issues that have to be worked through before revealing sensitive information. Again, for those of you who have been burnt by Lord, please continue to remain patient and be proactive where you can.

First ... 51525354555657 ... Last