vercer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

Quote Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
    hahahaha, love it!!! your no doubt right as well my friend
    ???

masterbet111
    masterbet111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Those guys are also from UK and are protected much better, so if they had a case, they generally get their money.
    Hello, I am from the UK. I have a problem with William Hill too. They have closed my account with more than 2900 euro inside and not giving me back even my deposit !

After 20 days of communication with William Hill support in which I have not received normal explanation why they are closing my account yesterday I received finally this answer:

"
    Hi ****,

Thank you for taking the time to write us.

In relation to your query, we regret to inform you that your account will remain suspended. As per Management decision after a thorough review of your account, it cannot be reactivated anymore. We understand the frustration this may cause but this is a Management decision.

We hope this answers your query. Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail at support@willhill.com or via our Live Chat facility. We are here to assist you 24/7.
    With regards,
    Roni

Customer Services
    William Hill Online
    "

When I asked about my deposit and winnings they replied:

"Thank you for your email.

We would like to in form you that in regard to your recent query, that the current balance on the account would remain in your account until further notice. This is still in line with the decision made to suspend the account.

We trust this answers your query. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any help, as we are here to assist you in every possible way we can.

Kind regards,
    Mike
    Customer Services
    William Hill Online
    "

I can't believe this ! Will you be so kind to advice how the UK players are protected. I want to take actions against William Hill ?

Thank you !

damnasians
    damnasians's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you always lived in UK?
    Why is your account in euros if you are from UK?

masterbet111

I am VIP in SKRILL and I have multi currency accounts option. I just had money in my euros account and registered in Will Hill with it. I do not think that is the problem.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you tried phoning them? ask to speak to a manager about your accounts suspension and demand a specific reason. try this number: 0800 085 6296

Theres a gambling act 2005 which was put in to place to ensure everything is FAIR. You can get free legal advice if you feel they are truly cheating you, and you have done NOTHING wrong.

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=masterbet111;19176912]Hello, I am from the UK. I have a problem with William Hill too. They have closed my account with more than 2900 euro inside and not giving me back even my deposit !

After 20 days of communication with William Hill support in which I have not received normal explanation why they are closing my account yesterday I received finally this answer:
    QUOTE]

I don't believe any UK national (immigrant aside) would speak English in this way. You are not British.

damnasians

Quote Originally Posted by masterbet111 View Post
    I am VIP in SKRILL and I have multi currency accounts option. I just had money in my euros account and registered in Will Hill with it. I do not think that is the problem.
    Have you always lived in UK?
    If not, what country did you live in before?

masterbet111

I realize now that is pointless to post here. 5-6 people tell horrible stories about one of the "high reputable" bookies in the industry. The SBR management do not gave a single comment yet. The other posters are attacking their colleagues for their English or nationality. Every victim here is a villain by default...

"Onemoregoal", thanks for the reply, man, I have just registered because I thought you know sure way for UK players to get their money, but contacting William Hill is not an option for me anymore. From 20 days I am communicating with them and their only explanation is "management decision" and they refuse to give me any other details.

I am from Slovenia by the way, I live in England for 4 years for those who are so "interested".

I have sent all my documents and details to the Gambling Commissioner - that is my only hope for fair solution.

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Some people think you must be be british to keep acount open they never heard about resident status

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by piterp View Post
    Some people think you must be be british to keep acount open they never heard about resident status
    Nah no one thinks you have to British. But they also don't think a new account needs to be continually trying to mask their real location when they register and then post on SBR. Proxies, VPNs and TORs are not anyone's friend.

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

You right- however is still no prof of cheating or something for closed accounts

damnasians

Masterbet111 - what did you bet on?

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Another fraudster busted. Good on William Hill, they know how to weed them out properly!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: OnkelChris

theodor0122
    theodor0122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Hi all,

this is outrageous! on wednesday WH reactivated my account with unsettled bets. Later they sent me an email giving me two options:

1) to wait for the settlers to settle them

2) to have them voided

On thursday I chose to have the bets voided. I was told to wait for an email confirming their new status but, of course, an hour later my account was locked again. Again NO EXPLANATION! The operators told me they have instructions not to talk to me.

theodor0122

And here's a transcript of he chat conversation that led to the reactivation of my account as well a copy of the email stating I could have the bets voided:

[12:12:35 PM] Hi, you’re speaking to Joyce. How may I help you?
    [12:12:44 PM] End-user: hello
    [12:12:52 PM] Joyce: Before anything else, can I get your full name please so I can address you properly.
    [12:13:10 PM] End-user: xxxxxxxxx
    [12:13:22 PM] End-user: email:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [12:13:24 PM] Joyce: Hi, xxxxxxxx.
    [12:13:30 PM] End-user: username: xxxxxxxxx
    [12:13:53 PM] End-user: address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [12:14:09 PM] End-user: date of birth: xxxxxxxxxxx
    [12:14:18 PM] End-user: secret answer: xxxxxxxxx
    [12:14:44 PM] End-user: could you check if there are any updates regarding my account
    [12:15:11 PM] Joyce: Thank you.
    [12:15:44 PM] Joyce: I understand that you want to check for updates on your account.
    [12:15:49 PM] Joyce: I will check this. May I put you on hold for 3-5 minutes to review your account?
    [12:16:02 PM] End-user: yes, it has been locked for one month
    [12:16:17 PM] End-user: with more than 7000 euros in it
    [12:16:35 PM] End-user: 3100 of which is my personal money (deposit)
    [12:16:38 PM] End-user: sure
    [12:16:41 PM] End-user: take your time
    [12:17:04 PM] Joyce: Thanks.
    [12:19:28 PM] Joyce: Is it okay if I put you on hold for 5 - 10 minutes more while I check this with our Security Team?
    [12:19:39 PM] End-user: yes
    [12:19:41 PM] End-user: thank you
    [12:19:57 PM] Joyce: No worries.
    [12:26:29 PM] Joyce: Thanks for waiting.,
    [12:26:35 PM] Joyce: Your account has been reactivated now.
    [12:26:48 PM] Joyce: The restrictions were lifted.
    [12:27:14 PM] End-user: and there's no money in it
    [12:27:45 PM] Joyce: There is 92p.
    [12:28:03 PM] End-user: I have a withdrawal of 7567
    [12:28:12 PM] End-user: is it goin to be processed?
    [12:29:49 PM] Joyce: May I know when the withdrawal was made?
    [12:30:34 PM] End-user: 24 Jun 13 / 09:48 Withdrawal MoneyBookers xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - €7567.00 �
    [12:30:45 PM] End-user: 124306662
    [12:30:50 PM] End-user: refernce
    [12:31:51 PM] Joyce: Thanks.
    [12:31:55 PM] Joyce: Thank you for patiently waiting. I am processing your request. Can you stay on the line for another 5 minutes, please?
    [12:31:58 PM] End-user: sure
    [12:32:11 PM] Joyce: Thanks.
    [12:34:19 PM] Joyce: Thanks for waiting.
    [12:34:47 PM] Joyce: The withdrawal was not processed since the funds were removed on your account due to unsettled winnings.
    [12:35:06 PM] Joyce: I will forward this to our Settlers for further checking and will be settled as soon as possible.
    [12:35:35 PM] End-user: I will very grateful if you do this for me
    [12:35:45 PM] Joyce: No worries.
    [12:35:49 PM] Joyce: Is there anything else that I can help you with?
    [12:35:54 PM] End-user: yes
    [12:36:07 PM] End-user: just could I get oriented
    [12:36:13 PM] End-user: in the time scales
    [12:36:18 PM] Joyce: About what?
    [12:36:29 PM] End-user: in which this could happen
    [12:36:32 PM] Joyce: Which time scale are you referring to?
    [12:36:51 PM] End-user: about the settling of the bets
    [12:37:12 PM] Joyce: I see.
    [12:37:28 PM] Joyce: I cannot give you a definite time frame yet but this will be handled accordingly.
    [12:37:51 PM] End-user: o, could I get an email from you
    [12:38:00 PM] End-user: when you contact them
    [12:38:17 PM] End-user: and get informed about their respond
    [12:38:41 PM] Joyce: Yes, I will escalate this and once sorted we will send you an email accordingly.
    [12:38:54 PM] End-user: thank you very much
    [12:38:59 PM] End-user: bye for now
    [12:39:09 PM] Joyce: Thank you for contacting William Hill Online Support. It was a pleasure to have assisted you. The Online Support Team is available for you 24/7 for any assistance you might need.
    [12:41:40 PM] '' is currently 'Absent'. Approximately 120 seconds until disconnect.
    [12:42:13 PM] '' disconnected ('Concluded by Agent').

The email:

Hi xxxxxxxx,

Good day!

We hope this mail finds you well.

In relation to your recent contact with us to have the bets settled on your account, we have no updates on this matches yet. However, we can void these bets if you wish. Unfortunately, since these bets previously were settled as winning bets we can only advise you to wait until we get these bets settled by our Settlers.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail at support@willhill.com or via our Live Chat facility. We are here to assist you 24/7.

With regards,

Joyce

Customer Services
    William Hill Online

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

You chose to have them voided? I am surprised, am I?

theodor0122

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelChris View Post
    You chose to have them voided? I am surprised, am I?
    I don't know if you are surprised, it seems that you don't know that too but I can assure you that if your account had been locked with no reason provided for a month with 7567 euros in it and suddenly it got unlocked but they still refused to settle the bets on an event that had finished more than a month before that, you would prefer to have them voided and run as far as you can from this bookie too, wouldn't you?

I'm continuing posting only to prove that WH don't seem to know what they are doing, at first it was standard procedure, after that they told me that the account would remain as it was permanently, after that temporarily, permanently again, then they unlocked it and locked it again. I' getting really confused and don't know what is happening what is, perhaps, exactly the effect they aim at. I have little or no hopes to get my money, just am showing what a scam WH are.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iv had this problem with willhill. Sometimes they dont settle bets for a while, but ALWAYS its because of either a problem with the odds they offered, or they genuinely are having problems with conflicting match statistics like corners in game for football etc......
    Offering to void bets is very strange, never really heard of them doing this lol

I dunno man, nobody can really help here. I will ask the obvious - what did you bet on? Maybe someone can help more if you provided more info.

theodor0122

Azel: Hi, you’re speaking to Azel. How may I help you?
    You: hello
    Azel: Hello there.
    You: I would like to know if there are any news from the regulator regarding my account
    Azel: Please allow me to check if there are any updates regarding your account.
    Azel: First, I will need to verify your account in compliance with our standard procedures. To do this, I will ask you some questions regarding your account.
    Azel: Can I please have your full name and date of birth, as registered on your account?
    You: name:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    email:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    username: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    date of birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    secret answer: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Azel: Thank you for the information.
    Azel: May I please put you on hold for 3 - 5 minutes while I check this?
    You: ok
    Azel: Thanks.
    Azel: Thank you for waiting, xxxxxxxxx.
    Azel: Upon checking, I can see that you need to contact the regulators for this as all correspondence needs to go through them. You have also been informed with this on your previous contacts. Kindly contact them.
    Azel: I will now be concluding this chat session. Thank you for contacting William Hill Online. Please let Online Support know if you need further assistance. We are available 24/7.
    Azel has disconnected.

theodor0122

no comment!

nbtn
    nbtn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by damnasians View Post
    The email I showed was a breach of the Data Protection Act and Moneybookers were reprimanded for it.
    I just found out about this thread. How were they reprimanded and how do you know that?

WittyPlayer
    WittyPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Tmuston Beltics View Post
    William Hill is one of the most legit bookmakers there is.
    William Hill is for non-US residents right?
    oops nevermind I see it now.

Odd they would name their site with a .us as if US players can play,
    most of their sports are American sports.

(not a sports bet, just checking out their lotto selection and slot games)

thanks!
    Last edited by WittyPlayer; 10-05-13 at 02:34 AM. Reason: more info

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

any update?

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Yes update please, I have anything between 2g-7g in willhill & been with them for more than 2yrs, no hiccup yet!

emelbranagan
    emelbranagan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

it seems they will never return your money, fight for your deposits, I am pretty sure that you will never get your winnings

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Okay, I've just spent 1 hour reading this thread and I'm completely shocked...

dontknowhowtobet

I have self-excluded account with William Hill and I do admit I tried opening another account whilst one was self-excluded but I did advise them about it myself and I've never had any issues of deposits/withdrawals with them, however I won't be looking to ever bet with them in the future after reading all this, that's for sure.

I decided I would also include a copy-paste of a chat with them, it's much more meaningless than the rest of the chats here:

Jay B : Hi, you’re speaking to Jay B. How may I help you?
    Me: My account is locked. I cannot login and I get an error message ACC02. Have you confiscated all my funds?
    Communication with the chat service has been lost. Please wait while attempts are made to restore the connection.
    Disconnection in 240 seconds.
    Connection resumed.
    Jay B: Let me check this for you, Xxxx.
    Jay B: I'll just need some information about your account first. May I have your date of birth, registered email address and mother's maiden name, please?
    Me: I will answer your verification questions now and then wait 3-5 minutes for you to check it, no problems Jay.
    Me: I know you follow a robotic policy. Okay, let me answer your questions.
    Me: DOB: XX-XX-XXXX
    Jay B: OK.
    Me: Email: xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
    Me: Mother's Maiden Name: xxxxxxx
    Jay B: Thanks.
    Jay B: Can you provide your username too?
    Me: xxxxxxxxxx
    Me: You should also ask me to verify my address and mobile number and date of opening the account and date of 1st deposit and amount of 1st deposit.
    Jay B: Thanks.
    Jay B: Your account is closed as it is a duplicate account of your previous account which you asked to be self-excluded. Your account will only be reactivated after 2015-06-02.
    Me: So all my funds will be confiscated by your management?
    Me: "As advised by our Security team, due to fraudulent activity your account will remain closed and the funds witheld."

dontknowhowtobet

Jay B: Nothing has been confiscated as you have used your funds at your duplicate account and you have agreed to the self-exclusion agreement not to place any bets or enter into any gaming activity with William Hill during this period and in the unlikely event that you do, you will not make any claim against The Group or their officers or employees.
    Me: Yes, I've just spent over an hour reading about your company here:

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/sportsbook...00-eur-p4.html

I am aware I do not have any funds with you and my apologies for "playing" with it a bit, but honestly, why are you closing accounts and confiscating funds from so many people?
    I have no intentions to ever re-open the account and I set myself a reminder when the self-exclusion expires to self-exclude it for another 5 years, if not permanently.
    Jay B: We did not confiscate any of your funds, you have used your funds and we will not refund any of them.
    Me: I am aware of that. Have you read what I said?
    Jay B: Yes as as stated, we did not confiscate any of your fund and we closed your account since you are not allowed to create any other accounts with us since you have an account that is under self-exclusion.
    Me: That's fine, I'm not asking about my account.
    Me: I mentioned you guys are blocking lots of accounts and confiscating funds from other people:
    Me: http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/sportsbook...00-eur-p5.html
    Me: As an outsider seeing all this doesn't make me trust your company anymore.
    Jay B: OK. We will respect your decision about that.
    Me: So even when the self-exclusion expires, I will not be looking to ever re-open this account.
    Jay B: I understand.
    Me: Apologies for blaming you for "confiscating my funds", you haven't done it, but I felt the need to copy-paste the text of another people and see if I would get the same evil response they tend to get.
    Me: That is a managerial decision and bla bla bla.
    Jay B: We will respect whatever decision you will do regarding this.
    Me: Okay then.
    Me: Have a good day.
    Jay B: Thank you for contacting William Hill Online Support. Please contact us back at any time if you need help. We are here 24/7.
    Jay B has disconnected.

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I'm confused.

Do you have a problem with a William Hill account? Or are you martyring yourself on behalf of a load of eastern european scammers?
    Points Awarded:

jayc88 gave superhans 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
    it does look very suspect to go throwing down 2,500 euros or w/e it was on a FRIENDLY especially if its your FIRST bet.......all sorts of bells and whistles will be going off on their end with this kind of stuff......
    Ding-a-ling

Johntheplayer
    Johntheplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

rasism or xenofobia ? or both ?

Quote Originally Posted by superhans View Post
    I'm confused.

Do you have a problem with a William Hill account? Or are you martyring yourself on behalf of a load of eastern european scammers?
    I am East European and that sounded like racism. Every tree has bad apples but not every apple is bad.
    I am East European and I have an open bet since november 2012. The previous day I lost on the same tennis player 500 euros. The lost bets were "pleasently" settled and my winner (400 euros) not.
    Sorry for my english, is not my native language.

I found this forum to see if there are others like me, my WH account was closed in 2012 so I dont have access to my account. They recently agree to open it but still the bet is not settled.

Later Edit: If WH has something against East European Players, they should restrict the access. I also never get a bonus or some sort of advantage by placing bets at WH, i only choose them because of their "good name" in the industry. After all this I see that their "good name" is all they have, handling my problem they are by far ammateurs
    Last edited by Johntheplayer; 11-22-14 at 06:15 AM.

echoffs
    echoffs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just my two cents here , seeing people in the past had problems with William Hill, i have my account blocked for just over one year now with 2800 euros on it, tried everything i came up with, just filed a report here today. Did i broke some record with how long i have my money blocked or ?

First ... 2345