stepanko86
    stepanko86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Betfair doesn't pay money to players

I have a very serious conflict with Betfair Company. They always write that they are betting exchange and you can put any money because unlike the bookmaker, on the betting exchange players with opposing views play with each other and betting exchange takes just a commission. I am an experienced player. I am very interested in the First and Second leagues of Ukrainian football championship. I saw that on the betting exchange can put big money in the first league. I thought I earn a lot and if I win, you will pay, because it is market. I registered on 20/10/2012 and immediately made a bet. Everything was normal. Match was calculated. Then I made a bet somewhere else in the six matches. Parallel I bet on the Champions League, but not a big sum of money.
    My bets were counted properly and quickly. I was an idiot not order the payment of money. I thought everything would be fine. But on 11/23/2012 I made bet on Olimpik – Arsenal Bila Tserkva on over 2.5 goals. I made bet on 0:0 score in the first half and after half time I also did it. I bet on over 2.5 goals when Olimpik was leading 1:0 and did it when the score was 2:0.
    My bet was calculated. I wanted to order the payment of money. On my account was 112851.04 $ U.S.A. Then I watched to my account where the company wrote me that my account was suspended and I should write on info@betfair.com. Right away I received a letter from Russia@betfair.com with this text:

“Hello, Stepan!
    We are writing to you from the security department Betfair.
    We focus on the betting account stepanko86 match Olimpik Donetsk vs. Arsenal Bila Tserkva Over / Under 2.5 Goals. The odds on over 2.5 goals were lower than they should be in the second half with the score 0:0. All bets placed on your account had been significantly lower than on the market.
    We also know about the previous successful bets on matches with Arsenal Bila Tserkva, in particular on market Match Odds and 3.5 goals match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on market 2.5 goals Match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012. In order for us to fully investigate your bets on the market Olimpik Donetsk vs. Arsenal Bila Tserkva Over / Under 2.5 goals and other markets with Arsenal Bila Tserkva we have decided to suspend your account. This decision was taken in accordance with the rules of Betfair, which you can find in the section About Us> Terms and Conditions.
    To speed up the investigation, please write what is the reason to bet on these matches with Arsenal Bila Tserkva.
    If you have any questions or problems, please contact us.
    Sincerely, Team Betfair.”
    Email: russia@betfair.com

I am shocked. It turns out that I put on those coefficients that are objectionable to the betting exchange. It also turns out that my bets were lower than the ratio on the market. This is complete nonsense. Am I an idiot to bet on the ratio that is lower than on the market? Furthermore they took matches on November 3, 2012 and November 17, 2012. I started writing a lot of letters to their manager Mariya Hansen (Mariya.Hansen @ betfair.com). She called me and said that they thought this match and two previous were contractual. I immediately asked why they think so. I did not receive any answer. She said that I had put a big sum of money on these matches and they thought that these games were contractual. I did not understand why I was accused by betting exchange that I put on the game on the contractual basis of a big sum of money. They are advertised by themselves everywhere, put on the betting exchange and that they are the future and that such amounts as they have, not in any bookmaker may put. As a fact betting companies do not deliver or will block the account or do not pay out winnings. Then why do they just block and refuse to make a payment of money? That question was answered that they have rules and I was informed that the money in the account was blocked because I was involved in fraudulent activity. Although in what activities I was accused, I did not understand, and they had not answered me. I bet big sum of money on the matches. This is their superiority to bookmakers and they lure customers by this and their partners say about it in every program and in every country. Okay. If they do not keep their word, this is their business. Then their manager Mariya Hansen (Mariya.Hansen@betfair.com) told me to write to the Department of Investigation on verification@betfair.com. I wrote a lot of letters and on Monday 11/26/2012 I received a letter with the answer:

Dear Mr .....,

I am writing to you from the Integrity Team at Betfair regarding your account, username stepanko86. Further to your recent correspondence please be aware that the investigation in to the betting on your account, specifically bets placed on Arsenal Bila Tserkva v Krymteplytsia M 03.11.12, Arsenal Bila Tserkva v Oleksandria 17.11.12 and Olimpik Donetsk v Arsenal Bila Tserkva 23.11.12, remains on-going. Whilst we appreciate this may be frustrating please be aware that this action has been taken in-line with the Terms and Conditions that govern your use of the Betfair website, these can be found in full on our website. For ease of reference the relevant section has been reproduced below:

• Suspension or termination
    Either we or you may suspend or terminate your account at any time upon notice. Following termination or suspension of your account, the Trustee will, in the normal course of events, return any funds in your account to you in accordance with the Trust Deed.
    However, we reserve the right to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account from you pending the determination of any investigation (including any relevant external investigation) where:
    1. we suspect you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site, including where we suspect the account has been linked with fraudulent or dishonest activity; and/or
    2. we have to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account by law or to comply with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority.
    Following the determination of any such investigation we reserve the right to seize some or all of the funds in your account (by notifying the Trustee that the funds in your account should be released to us) if we are satisfied that you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site. We will deal with any funds obtained by us in this manner at our sole and absolute discretion and/or in accordance with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority.
    In addition, if formally requested by the police, gambling regulators or taxation or other authorities or in the event that you fail to provide us with sufficient information to identify yourself in accordance with our own internal procedures or those imposed on us by regulatory authorities (wherever based) we may suspend your account and all functionality relating to the use of your account (e.g. bet management and withdrawal of funds) and notify the Trustee to withhold from you any funds in your account pending determination of any criminal or other legal proceedings or investigation to which such a request may relate or until you provide the necessary 'know your client' or 'age verification' information as appropriate.
    For the avoidance of doubt at no point during any such period will interest accrue to you on any funds in your account.

At this stage we don’t have a definitive timescale as to how long the investigation will take but please note we will endeavour to bring this to a conclusion as quickly as possible. In order to manage your expectations please note that the investigation is likely to be long term, ie. Months rather than weeks. We will of course contact you should the situation change.

Whilst the investigation remains on-going your winnings from the three matches in question, totaling EUR 62,611.82, will remain frozen, Your account will also remain suspended. Your remaining balance totalling EUR 50,239.22 can be withdrawn, please contact the Helpdesk to arrange this.

They write up rules and come up with excuses to confiscate the money. I just wondered, if you are honest, so why do you give such leagues if you think that they corrupt? Probably if you win, they will take the money and if you lose, it will be good. I do not know if there where treaty matches or not. I put a big sum of money almost always. At the time, I was betting the bookmaker bet365.com, but they just cut stake if something they did not like but gave back all the money and the winning. I did not say them anything because this was bookmaker and it was their money. They do not need strong players. It must be so.
    Here we have the world famous betting exchange Betfair that behaviors not solid and the players treated like thieves and fraudsters, although their actions say that they are crooks and thieves. There are probably people who simply steal money in this way from players. They write the rules, change them almost every day and then link on them blocking the account and confiscating the money. Rules can be written on the website in a few minutes and all it knows. It can be written to any match as they wrote me. They paid me 50,239.22 $ U.S. A. for the previous game and 62611.82 dollars left on the account and they closed it. Matches Olimpik Donetsk vs. Arsenal Bila Tserkva Over / Under 2.5 goals on November 23, 2012, in particular on market Match Odds and 3.5 goals on Match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on the market 2.5 goals on Match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012 they took the winning to themselves ( 62,611.82$ U.S.A.).

In connection with this situation I had some questions to betting exchange but I did not receive any answer. I hope they answer you:
    1. Why they did not write me anything after the first and second match with the participation of the team Arsenal Bila Tserkva, but waited until on my account appeared a big sum of money and wrote me after the match 23.11.2012?
    2. Why they behave themselves as bookmaker office with bad reputation, which just steal money and do not give back winning? They are betting exchange. They must give back money and then conduct investigation.
    3. Why they do not say about compensation, if they do not proof that this match was contractual? I need this money, but now I do not know what to do. It is incomprehensible how much time I should wait.
    4. Why they do not say how much the investigation will last and who will hold? Maybe they won’t hold it. They will wait 2-4 months then say that the matches were contractual and take the money.
    5. Why can’t they say where they will publish the results of the investigation? If these matches were contractual, it should be written on the official websites of Ukraine - Professional Football League and the Football Federation of Ukraine. Players of Arsenal Bila Tserkva should be punished by disqualification. They must give me the video of these matches. Only then they may not pay me my winning, referring to contractual nature of these matches.
    At this moment I want they give me all my winning of 62,611.82 dollars back, or at least the first two matches, after the end of which they did not write but calculate easily winning that I did not order the payment. This is winning in the market Match Odds and 3.5 goals on match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on the market 2.5 goals on match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012. Even if they have the right to hold my money, there is no right to detain the money in the first two matches of Match Odds and 3.5 goals on match Arsenal Bils Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on the market 2.5 goals on match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012.

My opinion is:
    I understand that under the cover of the fact they think about their reputation and say they are struggling with contractual matches, they just take the money. In internet is written that the employees of this company are betting by themselves. And I understand that it is the case that some of their employees lost a lot of money on these games, and they are just protecting them. They did not even answer me about terms and where the results of the investigation would be published. In other words: wait and our staff will decide to give you the money back or not, and we will write the result on email and that is all. And that I told them that it must decide football authorities of Ukraine - Betfair did not react in any way. They said that they know what to do. It is disrespectful to me as a player and as a person. I have rights. And if they took my money, I would have every right to know everything that they do, and not just wait for the letter. And I am very interested in their responsibility, if they do not prove that these games were contractual. If they think so about their reputation, they should give back money as do the bookmakers and investigate, or write to the authorities, which have deal with this. It is just like a deception on their part. That is my conflict with them.

And I would like to ask that even if you cannot influence on them, please,
    write where better sue on their actions.
    Thank you. I hope for your help.

stepanko86

Betfair doesn't pay money to players

I have a very serious conflict with Betfair Company. They always write that they are betting exchange and you can put any money because unlike the Bookmaker, on the betting exchange players with opposing views play with each other and betting exchange takes just a commission. I am an experienced player. I am very interested in the First and Second leagues of Ukrainian football championship. I saw that on the betting exchange can put big money in the first league. I thought I earn a lot and if I win, you will pay, because it is market. I registered on 20/10/2012 and immediately made a bet. Everything was normal. Match was calculated. Then I made a bet somewhere else in the six matches. Parallel I bet on the Champions League, but not a big sum of money.
    My bets were counted properly and quickly. I was an idiot not order the payment of money. I thought everything would be fine. But on 11/23/2012 I made bet on Olimpik – Arsenal Bila Tserkva on over 2.5 goals. I made bet on 0:0 score in the first half and after half time I also did it. I bet on over 2.5 goals when Olimpik was leading 1:0 and did it when the score was 2:0.
    My bet was calculated. I wanted to order the payment of money. On my account was 112851.04 $ U.S.A. Then I watched to my account where the company wrote me that my account was suspended and I should write on info@betfair.com. Right away I received a letter from Russia@betfair.com with this text:

“Hello, Stepan!
    We are writing to you from the security department Betfair.
    We focus on the betting account stepanko86 match Olimpik Donetsk vs. Arsenal Bila Tserkva Over / Under 2.5 Goals. The odds on over 2.5 goals were lower than they should be in the second half with the score 0:0. All bets placed on your account had been significantly lower than on the market.
    We also know about the previous successful bets on matches with Arsenal Bila Tserkva, in particular on market Match Odds and 3.5 goals match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on market 2.5 goals Match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012. In order for us to fully investigate your bets on the market Olimpik Donetsk vs. Arsenal Bila Tserkva Over / Under 2.5 goals and other markets with Arsenal Bila Tserkva we have decided to suspend your account. This decision was taken in accordance with the rules of Betfair, which you can find in the section About Us> Terms and Conditions.
    To speed up the investigation, please write what is the reason to bet on these matches with Arsenal Bila Tserkva.
    If you have any questions or problems, please contact us.
    Sincerely, Team Betfair.”
    Email: russia@betfair.com

I am shocked. It turns out that I put on those coefficients that are objectionable to the betting exchange. It also turns out that my bets were lower than the ratio on the market. This is complete nonsense. Am I an idiot to bet on the ratio that is lower than on the market? Furthermore they took matches on November 3, 2012 and November 17, 2012. I started writing a lot of letters to their manager Mariya Hansen (Mariya.Hansen @ betfair.com). She called me and said that they thought this match and two previous were contractual. I immediately asked why they think so. I did not receive any answer. She said that I had put a big sum of money on these matches and they thought that these games were contractual. I did not understand why I was accused by betting exchange that I put on the game on the contractual basis of a big sum of money. They are advertised by themselves everywhere, put on the betting exchange and that they are the future and that such amounts as they have, not in any bookmaker may put. As a fact betting companies do not deliver or will block the account or do not pay out winnings. Then why do they just block and refuse to make a payment of money? That question was answered that they have rules and I was informed that the money in the account was blocked because I was involved in fraudulent activity. Although in what activities I was accused, I did not understand, and they had not answered me. I bet big sum of money on the matches. This is their superiority to bookmakers and they lure customers by this and their partners say about it in every program and in every country. Okay. If they do not keep their word, this is their business. Then their manager Mariya Hansen (Mariya.Hansen @ betfair.com) told me to write to the Department of Investigation on verification@betfair.com. I wrote a lot of letters and on Monday 11/26/2012 I received a letter with the answer:

Dear Mr ......,

I am writing to you from the Integrity Team at Betfair regarding your account, username stepanko86. Further to your recent correspondence please be aware that the investigation in to the betting on your account, specifically bets placed on Arsenal Bila Tserkva v Krymteplytsia M 03.11.12, Arsenal Bila Tserkva v Oleksandria 17.11.12 and Olimpik Donetsk v Arsenal Bila Tserkva 23.11.12, remains on-going. Whilst we appreciate this may be frustrating please be aware that this action has been taken in-line with the Terms and Conditions that govern your use of the Betfair website, these can be found in full on our website. For ease of reference the relevant section has been reproduced below:

• Suspension or termination
    Either we or you may suspend or terminate your account at any time upon notice. Following termination or suspension of your account, the Trustee will, in the normal course of events, return any funds in your account to you in accordance with the Trust Deed.
    However, we reserve the right to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account from you pending the determination of any investigation (including any relevant external investigation) where:
    1. we suspect you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site, including where we suspect the account has been linked with fraudulent or dishonest activity; and/or
    2. we have to notify the Trustee to withhold the funds in your account by law or to comply with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority.
    Following the determination of any such investigation we reserve the right to seize some or all of the funds in your account (by notifying the Trustee that the funds in your account should be released to us) if we are satisfied that you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement relevant to your activities on our site. We will deal with any funds obtained by us in this manner at our sole and absolute discretion and/or in accordance with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority.
    In addition, if formally requested by the police, gambling regulators or taxation or other authorities or in the event that you fail to provide us with sufficient information to identify yourself in accordance with our own internal procedures or those imposed on us by regulatory authorities (wherever based) we may suspend your account and all functionality relating to the use of your account (e.g. bet management and withdrawal of funds) and notify the Trustee to withhold from you any funds in your account pending determination of any criminal or other legal proceedings or investigation to which such a request may relate or until you provide the necessary 'know your client' or 'age verification' information as appropriate.
    For the avoidance of doubt at no point during any such period will interest accrue to you on any funds in your account.

At this stage we don’t have a definitive timescale as to how long the investigation will take but please note we will endeavour to bring this to a conclusion as quickly as possible. In order to manage your expectations please note that the investigation is likely to be long term, ie. Months rather than weeks. We will of course contact you should the situation change.

Whilst the investigation remains on-going your winnings from the three matches in question, totaling EUR 62,611.82, will remain frozen, Your account will also remain suspended. Your remaining balance totalling EUR 50,239.22 can be withdrawn, please contact the Helpdesk to arrange this.

They write up rules and come up with excuses to confiscate the money. I just wondered, if you are honest, so why do you give such leagues if you think that they corrupt? Probably if you win, they will take the money and if you lose, it will be good. I do not know if there where treaty matches or not. I put a big sum of money almost always. At the time, I was betting the bookmaker Bet365.com, but they just cut stake if something they did not like but gave back all the money and the winning. I did not say them anything because this was bookmaker and it was their money. They do not need strong players. It must be so.
    Here we have the world famous betting exchange Betfair that behaviors not solid and the players treated like thieves and fraudsters, although their actions say that they are crooks and thieves. There are probably people who simply steal money in this way from players. They write the rules, change them almost every day and then link on them blocking the account and confiscating the money. Rules can be written on the website in a few minutes and all it knows. It can be written to any match as they wrote me. They paid me 50,239.22 $ U.S. A. for the previous game and 62611.82 dollars left on the account and they closed it. Matches Olimpik Donetsk vs. Arsenal Bila Tserkva Over / Under 2.5 goals on November 23, 2012, in particular on market Match Odds and 3.5 goals on Match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on the market 2.5 goals on Match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012 they took the winning to themselves ( 62,611.82$ U.S.A.).

In connection with this situation I had some questions to betting exchange but I did not receive any answer. I hope they answer you:
    1. Why they did not write me anything after the first and second match with the participation of the team Arsenal Bila Tserkva, but waited until on my account appeared a big sum of money and wrote me after the match 23.11.2012?
    2. Why they behave themselves as bookmaker office with bad reputation, which just steal money and do not give back winning? They are betting exchange. They must give back money and then conduct investigation.
    3. Why they do not say about compensation, if they do not proof that this match was contractual? I need this money, but now I do not know what to do. It is incomprehensible how much time I should wait.
    4. Why they do not say how much the investigation will last and who will hold? Maybe they won’t hold it. They will wait 2-4 months then say that the matches were contractual and take the money.
    5. Why can’t they say where they will publish the results of the investigation? If these matches were contractual, it should be written on the official websites of Ukraine - Professional Football League and the Football Federation of Ukraine. Players of Arsenal Bila Tserkva should be punished by disqualification. They must give me the video of these matches. Only then they may not pay me my winning, referring to contractual nature of these matches.
    At this moment I want they give me all my winning of 62,611.82 dollars back, or at least the first two matches, after the end of which they did not write but calculate easily winning that I did not order the payment. This is winning in the market Match Odds and 3.5 goals on match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on the market 2.5 goals on match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012. Even if they have the right to hold my money, there is no right to detain the money in the first two matches of Match Odds and 3.5 goals on match Arsenal Bils Tserkva vs. Krymteplytsia on November 3, 2012 and on the market 2.5 goals on match Arsenal Bila Tserkva vs. Oleksandria on November 17, 2012.

My opinion is:
    I understand that under the cover of the fact they think about their reputation and say they are struggling with contractual matches, they just take the money. In internet is written that the employees of this company are betting by themselves. And I understand that it is the case that some of their employees lost a lot of money on these games, and they are just protecting them. They did not even answer me about terms and where the results of the investigation would be published. In other words: wait and our staff will decide to give you the money back or not, and we will write the result on email and that is all. And that I told them that it must decide football authorities of Ukraine - Betfair did not react in any way. They said that they know what to do. It is disrespectful to me as a player and as a person. I have rights. And if they took my money, I would have every right to know everything that they do, and not just wait for the letter. And I am very interested in their responsibility, if they do not prove that these games were contractual. If they think so about their reputation, they should give back money as do the bookmakers and investigate, or write to the authorities, which have deal with this. It is just like a deception on their part. That is my conflict with them.

And I would like to ask that even if you cannot influence on them, please,
    write where better sue on their actions.
    Thank you. I hope for your help.

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16036

thats huge story

Nietzsche
    Nietzsche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Hello,

it's up to the relevant authorities to decide if those matches were fixed or not. It is up to the Ukrainian FA and UEFA, or maybe even the police, not up to Betfair.

If Ukrainian FA or UEFA decide those 3 matches involving Arsenal Bila Tserkva were fixed, then all your bets on those matches will be voided and you will be reported to the police.

If those authorities decide those matches were clear of any wrongdoing, then your winnings will be paid and your account reopened.

My advice, contact the Ukrainian FA and UEFA to find out if they are themselves carrying any investigation into those matches.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This looks like something that stems from their co-operation with sporting governing bodies? They're likely limited per the terms of that as to how much can be said until inquiries are complete.

Edit: Post above puts it better.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Betfair pays just fine; I've been using them for years. Then again, I don't do anything shady to warrant them suspending my account while they "investigate".

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

I agree with Nietzsche . If Ukrainan FA decides these matches were fixed ,than all your bets should be voided.
    IF Ukrainan FA does not decide these matches were fixed ,than your bets should stand ,they must pay you and than close your account .

AND Please don't come here to say that you knew nothing about these matches.You won 3 bets in row by betting large amounts on the same team. Who is that foolish who bet 2k ,3k on ukrainian 2nd division ??? I will teach you smth mate to cover yourself ,,, next time place some losing bets ,you know that it will be a loss ,but place it to cover yourself.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

For the record, I have this dispute.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pellumb341 View Post
    I agree with Nietzsche . If Ukrainan FA decides these matches were fixed ,than all your bets should be voided.
    IF Ukrainan FA does not decide these matches were fixed ,than your bets should stand ,they must pay you and than close your account .

AND Please don't come here to say that you knew nothing about these matches.You won 3 bets in row by betting large amounts on the same team. Who is that foolish who bet 2k ,3k on ukrainian 2nd division ??? I will teach you smth mate to cover yourself ,,, next time place some losing bets ,you know that it will be a loss ,but place it to cover yourself.

It is betfair, if he is able to bet $3000 then there must be someone that matches it...
    so they both are fools?

pellumb341

It is betfair, if he is able to bet $3000 then there must be someone that matches it...
    so they both are fools?
    I would like to know the answer too.

I guarantee that no bookie in this world would accept 2k , 3k on 2nd ukrainian division.Having no other option where to place the bet , he might thought " i am trying once at betfair ,maybe some foolish match it"

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    For the record, I have this dispute.
    Looking forward for the report. I wonder when SBR will act on betfair's rating.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    Looking forward for the report. I wonder when SBR will act on betfair's rating.
    I have been arguing for a C rating for years.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good man, BF is just such a joke.
    Arbers and "traders" keep talking high about them, but reality for an average Joe who plays there should be terrible.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Certainly seems you don't want to run into a problem at betfair - every time someone does, they act like a real trashy book.

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're not a sponsor book so why not make them an F?

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know. I wrote about it in a couple of posts in a different thread. That's why I said I keep waiting for the downgrade...
    I actually avoid betfair as much as possible because of your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rumnblack View Post
    They're not a sponsor book so why not make them an F?
    can you know for sure they are not actually paying sbr to keep the rating higher than it should be?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by the sink View Post
    so they both are fools?
    That is 100% wrong.
    They have a section of betting exchange.
    And they have a section of FIXED ODDS.
    When using FIXXED ODDS, you are betting DIRECTLY AGAINST betfair!
    So where did he play these matches? On the exchange markets? Or against betfair?

stepanko86

I understand. One I won't understand why to block my money? Let make the investigation. I not against. Let the guilty will be punished. Betfair on each step are told that they by the exchange and that they pay everything. They not bookmaker office which can block the account of the user and not pay money. Why I don't see information that they blocked accounts which put on a match of the Champions League of Kluzh - the Galatasaray?

They don't tell investigation about lines. They don't tell who it will carry out and where results will be written. Probably it is necessary to wait and then if they tell that matches beat contractual to go to federation of soccer of Ukraine. And let then they with they understand.

I wrote that all beat careful because hearings go that the staff of this company puts rates and probably on these matches someone was lost on large from and they think out unclear that.

Santo

I would like to know the answer too.

I guarantee that no bookie in this world would accept 2k , 3k on 2nd ukrainian division.Having no other option where to place the bet , he might thought " i am trying once at betfair ,maybe some foolish match it"
    It sounded from the OP he took lower odds than market price ("All bets placed on your account had been significantly lower than on the market"); so he probably put offers out there that got matched by arbitrage bettors, bots, or similar.

Santo

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Certainly seems you don't want to run into a problem at betfair - every time someone does, they act like a real trashy book.
    Being compliant with sporting authorities to prevent match fixing is not "trashy" as far as I'm concerned.

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

Wow. I just can't believe this is true. There are tons of fixed matches be it snooker, soccer, basketball and volleyball. I have seen it all. And I have never heard that Betfair cancels bets or accounts because of that. It's none of their business. They could inform underlying authorities, but closing account because of suspicion?? I am sure he is not the only person who bet those matches.

Crazy!!!

stepanko86, how long did it take for you to make those $100,000 ? Are we talking about days, months or years?

stepanko86

how it? I don't understand. I staked on that that was in the market. I won't stake which won't be accepted.

sharlataans

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    That is 100% wrong.
    They have a section of betting exchange.
    And they have a section of FIXED ODDS.
    When using FIXXED ODDS, you are betting DIRECTLY AGAINST betfair!
    So where did he play these matches? On the exchange markets? Or against betfair?
    He was betting LIVE, so it should not be FIXED ODDS.

stepanko86

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    Wow. I just can't believe this is true. There are tons of fixed matches be it snooker, soccer, basketball and volleyball. I have seen it all. And I have never heard that Betfair cancels bets or accounts because of that. It's none of their business. They could inform underlying authorities, but closing account because of suspicion?? I am sure he is not the only person who bet those matches.

Crazy!!!

stepanko86, how long did it take for you to make those $100,000 ? Are we talking about days, months or years?
    I too never heard while itself didn't face such attitude towards me.

Santo

Quote Originally Posted by stepanko86 View Post
    I too never heard while itself didn't face such attitude towards me.
    There are well documented cases of voided markets (Davydenko) and account investigations (Horse Racing).

See, for example, http://thebetfairtrader.blogspot.com...match-fix.html

sharlataans

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    There are well documented cases of voided markets (Davydenko) and account investigations (Horse Racing).

Alright, anything else? There are hundreds of fixed matches a year. You can't compare Donkey case with this one.

For a record Stephen Lee snooker match was fixed recently. Even though the evidence is very strong, Betfair has not voided bets.

stepanko86

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post

Thanks. But in a case with Davydenko some millions and on big coefficient and here some thousands and on small coefficient were put down.
    Last edited by stepanko86; 12-07-12 at 04:53 AM.

Santo

The difference in the Davydenko case was that the sporting body recognised it was fixed. Have World Snooker said the same about the Stephen Lee match? CPS dropped charges, WS investigating right? Problem is they take too long to do anything.

If the Ukrainian FA says this wasn't fixed, or says nothing, I'm sure he'll be paid.

stepanko86

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    Alright, anything else? There are hundreds of fixed matches a year. You can't compare Donkey case with this one.

For a record Stephen Lee snooker match was fixed recently. Even though the evidence is very strong, Betfair has not voided bets.
    Thanks for support. I thought to give to court for such but to me my manager told that I submitted the claim if I want. Only in vain I will spend money. Probably already they bought all.

Santo

SBR News Wire, 2010: "The most ethical course of action when canceling bets on matches determined to be fixed is to void all wagers, not to selectively apply which wagers to settle"

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems he bet on the exchange and the rules are very simple. As people have already said, if the matches were deemed fixed by the governing body, all bets will be voided. If not, bets will stand. It's most unlikely they will close your account because of it unless they beleive you are part of the fix. Which brings me to the next point....

I have to say your betting patterns certianly raise an eyebrow, a new account, betting on the same team 3 times, betting on over 2.5 goals at half time for serious amounts of money when statistically its a huge dog (and you even take lower odds)....

So given this, even if the matches are deemd ok, I'm sure bf will close your account and ban you, I certainly would. It's quite hard to beleive this is all pure coinsendence.

pellumb341

a new account, betting on the same team 3 times, betting on over 2.5 goals at half time for serious amounts of money when statistically its a huge dog (and you even take lower odds)....

So given this, even if the matches are deemd ok, I'm sure bf will close your account and ban you, I certainly would. It's quite hard to beleive this is all pure coinsendence.
    I totally agree.Betfair must pay you as long as UKrainian FA does not declare these matches were fixed.Than i am sure they will close your account.

And it's not coincidence ,of course you knew something about these matches. Betting the same team 3 times in a row ; placing large amounts in shitty a league...of course it's not coincidence !!! Like i adviced you ,next time place some losing bets to cover yourself.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I never understood the commission that Betfair charges of winning players, first 20% and then (if you keep winning), the rate reaches 60% of your earnings... Looks like that Betfair is "fair", just in the name.

stepanko86

I totally agree.Betfair must pay you as long as UKrainian FA does not declare these matches were fixed.Than i am sure they will close your account.

And it's not coincidence ,of course you knew something about these matches. Betting the same team 3 times in a row ; placing large amounts in shitty a league...of course it's not coincidence !!! Like i adviced you ,next time place some losing bets to cover yourself.
    I knew only that that left team many players and they on the last match went by train. 16 people at least had to go and there went 11 people. They with difficulties collected a starting lineup. I wrote that I read about the Ukrainian soccer much and I am interested much.

I make a bets on the championship of Ukraine long ago. I that have to make a bets on Volleyball or on Basketball that betfair told that all cool? I make a bets on what I understand. They gave matches in the line and I make a bets on these matches. I that have to bet on that that betfair will tell me or on those quotations which will tell me? They speak that they the sport exchange. These actions they dishonor themselves and show that they at all the exchange of bets. Even the bookmaker company bwin over which on each step dirt pour, such doesn't allow itself. I not against investigation, but anybody betfair didn't force to give these games. If they give and everywhere they shout that the most honest and all pay and constantly tell that such money as in them anywhere you won't put why to block my money? From it I won't understand.

stepanko86

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
    I never understood the commission that Betfair charges of winning players, first 20% and then (if you keep winning), the rate reaches 60% of your earnings... Looks like that Betfair is "fair", just in the name.
    I spoke that hearings want that they in many markets play. And therefore made such expenses. Same it is clear that they not the exchange and bookmaker company.

1234 ... Last