Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Help!! (Sports Interaction Bet Placement Time Dispute)

Okay, this is what happened:

I made some live bets this morning on SIA that won and these guys basically voided almost all of them.

They allege that the first set of the Gabashvilli vs Davydenko match ended at 10:04 am ET. I know this is not true because I was following this match live. Unless there was a 30 minute delay directly from Russia, which surely there wasn't, they are in the wrong. I was told via chat (spoke to Marc) if I could prove that the first set ended at a later time, they would honor my winnings (which is another way of saying that they don't really know when the first set actually ended, but are open to suggestions - I think they must have had some system crash or something which screwed up their data).

Further they allege that the Haas vs Anderson match ended at 10:00 am ET. I was following that match too and made one live bet at 10:01 am, so according to them I was late 1 minute (their live window was displaying the current score at the time, I placed my bet without any issues, hence I know they're full of yoyo here too). Now they say if I prove that the match ended anytime after 10 am sharp, they would honor my winnings.

Does anybody know how to conclusively get information on set and match ending times with respect to these two matches??? I need the first set ending time for Davydenko vs Gabashvilli and the third set ending time for Haas vs Anderson, although the latter can be easily arrived at based on match duration data from the ATP, but SIA doesn't seem to think so. Any help would be appreciated.

This is what I have found so far (I hope I got the time zones right):
    (Start times from Xscores.com)

8:20 ET - Haas vs Anderson (match duration: 2:01:16, score: 7:6 4:6 4:6)
    Gives us an ending time of 10:21:16 ET.

9:35 ET - Davydenko vs Gabashvilli (match duration: 1:31:28, score: 7:5 6:2)
    Match ended at 11:06 ET, does anybody know where I can find the exact end time of the first set? I know the first set, which was very competitive, was far from over at 10:04 am, it doesn't even make any sense logically that a 7:5 set would end in 25 minutes, followed by a 6:2 set lasting over an hour.

Justin7, can you look into this for me please. In both cases, I bet in the SIA live flash window where odds change after every point, and in both cases they re-set ending times to their own made up ones to be ONE MINUTE after the time stamp of each of the two bets (and at least 20 minutes earlier than the actual end times)...

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

you're a scammer GTFO

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

File a complaint. Someone will help you.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16961

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    you're a scammer GTFO
    OK, but can you explain why? If you're correct, it's appropriate the OP is named Pinocchio.

PS I'm guessing the start times are off but the duration times are correct. Just a hunch.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

As my colleague above Mr.Justin mentioned. Please fill out a complaint form and one of us will inquire to them on your behalf sir.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Okay, this is what happened:

I made some live bets this morning on SIA that won and these guys basically voided almost all of them.

They allege that the first set of the Gabashvilli vs Davydenko match ended at 10:04 am ET. I know this is not true because I was following this match live. Unless there was a 30 minute delay directly from Russia, which surely there wasn't, they are in the wrong. I was told via chat (spoke to Marc) if I could prove that the first set ended at a later time, they would honor my winnings (which is another way of saying that they don't really know when the first set actually ended, but are open to suggestions - I think they must have had some system crash or something which screwed up their data).

Further they allege that the Haas vs Anderson match ended at 10:00 am ET. I was following that match too and made one live bet at 10:01 am, so according to them I was late 1 minute (their live window was displaying the current score at the time, I placed my bet without any issues, hence I know they're full of yoyo here too). Now they say if I prove that the match ended anytime after 10 am sharp, they would honor my winnings.

Does anybody know how to conclusively get information on set and match ending times with respect to these two matches??? I need the first set ending time for Davydenko vs Gabashvilli and the third set ending time for Haas vs Anderson, although the latter can be easily arrived at based on match duration data from the ATP, but SIA doesn't seem to think so. Any help would be appreciated.

This is what I have found so far (I hope I got the time zones right):
    (Start times from Xscores.com)

8:20 ET - Haas vs Anderson (match duration: 2:01:16, score: 7:6 4:6 4:6)
    Gives us an ending time of 10:21:16 ET.

9:35 ET - Davydenko vs Gabashvilli (match duration: 1:31:28, score: 7:5 6:2)
    Match ended at 11:06 ET, does anybody know where I can find the exact end time of the first set? I know the first set, which was very competitive, was far from over at 10:04 am, it doesn't even make any sense logically that a 7:5 set would end in 25 minutes, followed by a 6:2 set lasting over an hour.

Justin7, can you look into this for me please. In both cases, I bet in the SIA live flash window where odds change after every point, and in both cases they re-set ending times to their own made up ones to be ONE MINUTE after the time stamp of each of the two bets (and at least 20 minutes earlier than the actual end times)...

When you say "live" what do you mean? Live on TV, flashscore, slamtracker?

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I'm at work so can't login to check, but you might find something useful on the Betfair forums. There's normally a live thread for matches with timestamps of players comments.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

"It was a technical issue and I apologize. We will honor wagers that were placed before the set had ended. We will not honor wagers that were placed after the set had ended."

That's what they said in the begining...

As expected when faced with the above links from Xscores, ATP LIVE window and elsewhere, they changed their mind and now it's no longer enough to prove that those two sets ended more than 20 minutes later than they say - where did they get these erroneous end times, I don't know. Now it comes down to certain games (I mainly had game bets). And they're not taking any further proof, should I find any. Their 'team' I am told was watching the game(s) and concluded that any wager placed after 10:00 and 10:04 respectively would be voided no matter what. Case closed. My wagers were placed at 10:01 and 10:05, plus I placed one other one at 10:09. If anybody has any idea what the exact scores were at those times, please let me know.

I know they had some issues in the morning with their software, as I can see one of my other bets on my statement chronologically incorrectly shown before a bet that I know I made first, but I also know that their live console worked without any issues long after I placed my bets. The system was accepting wagers and offering real time betting with correct odds until the end of both of these matches. At this point I'd also like to ask if there is anybody out there who bet live tennis on SIA yesterday between 10am ET and 11am ET, and had their wager properly graded? I suspect they didn't actually void all wagers as they say, but only a select few between 10:00am and 10:10am.

I did not start off with a complaint because I was hoping someone would maybe be able to find a source for set (or even individual game) starting and ending times, if such stats are kept at all. It would come in handy, not just now, but also in the future, because I know they will try to do this again, not just to me, but also to others.