QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Norwegian football weekend

Last week the league had the week off. I was chomping at the bit to get some of these picks in but didn't want to post early. First off is the Dog of the Week.

Dog of the Week
    Stabæk +1 -111 over Rosenborg
    This is a trap if I've ever seen one. For those of you not familiar with the league, Rosenborg (or The 'Borg as I like to call them) is at the top of the league and participates in international matches. Stabæk is 3rd from bottom. Why is this a trap you may ask?

Stabæk has only lost by more than 1 goal only once at home this year in the league. They have a 9-12 goal record at home. They like to play it close.

Rosenborg's has had 4 of their last 6 road matches end in a draw.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Vålerenga -0.5 -103 over Strømsgodset
    Going mostly by recent form with these 2. Vålerenga was in the cellar of the tables but has recently won some impressive matches. Strømsgodset has had some players missing.

Brann -0.5 +121 over Viking
    Brann at home, it's almost as simple as that. They put together a string of 8 wins in a row at home until drawing with league-leader Rosenborg their last match. They will be wanting to get 3 points at home once again. Their home goal totals are 18-2!

Melloweitsj
    Melloweitsj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1839

I like all of these.

I got on Vålerenga earlier this week, and the odds have dropped since. I also placed some on Stabæk, but I went further and put down some on -0.5 as well.

Tailing you on my local team as well (Brann), hoping for them to get back in winning form.

omedo
    omedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4192

@Quantumleap

Why you dont stay on just one thread for the season?
    I would like it much more.

About your picks.

I dont like your bet on Stabaek, you basicaly are betting on the draw with much worse odds.
    Rosenborg is stronger than the last season and the teams that he draw against this season have not so bad atacks.
    Stabaek has the worst home atack althoug It seems that has a solid defense and for you to win your bet the most likely the final result is 0-0.

Is not that i dont like the draw bet or even the CS at 0-0. But i think that you are picking the bet that has very litle chance to win, and a big chance to push or lose.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Melloweitsj View Post
    I like all of these.

I got on Vålerenga earlier this week, and the odds have dropped since. I also placed some on Stabæk, but I went further and put down some on -0.5 as well.

Tailing you on my local team as well (Brann), hoping for them to get back in winning form.
    Wow! You've got balls to bet the -0.5 against Rosenborg.

Let's hope your local team is looking for 3 points again after settling for a draw with Rosenborg last time.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by omedo View Post
    @Quantumleap

Why you dont stay on just one thread for the season?
    I would like it much more.

About your picks.

I dont like your bet on Stabaek, you basicaly are betting on the draw with much worse odds.
    Rosenborg is stronger than the last season and the teams that he draw against this season have not so bad atacks.
    Stabaek has the worst home atack althoug It seems that has a solid defense and for you to win your bet the most likely the final result is 0-0.

Is not that i dont like the draw bet or even the CS at 0-0. But i think that you are picking the bet that has very litle chance to win, and a big chance to push or lose.
    It seems too hard to find recent picks among all the pages of a season-long thread. I suppose I could try it for awhile. It wouldn't hurt.

You make a good point on the draw with Stabæk. I'm taking the safe way out with the Stabæk +1 based upon their opponent.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Just wanted to update the scores since I was away from my computer last weekend (in Vegas).

L: Brann 0, Viking 0
    L: Vålerenga 1, Strømsgodset 1
    L: Rosenborg 2, Stabæk 0

The Dog of the Week was a heartbreaker. The score was nil, nil until the 85th minute and then Rosenborg scored in added time to ruin this bet.

I may bet more Dog of the Week plays but I think I'm going to put this league to rest now that football has started and I will be spending more attention on that.