Thryleon
    Thryleon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

It doesn't fit but I can't stand it

I suppose there are a couple of Greeks in this forum that would read this. While this is mostly a betting prediction site, I can't let a few things pass. Things that have a lot to do with the freedom that the Greeks DO NOT enjoy in betting.

A horrible law (4002/2011) forbides the Greeks from placing their bets anywhere else than those bookmekrs that have received a tmporary license of operation in Greece. Hence Greece has been placed in the forbidden countries list for the vast majority of bookmakers. However, this was not done in order to protect anyone. It was done for the sole purpose of providing a specific individual with the monopoly on Greek gambling and the ability to draw funds from the Greeks without thei consent.

In consort with the capital controls this situation has limited the options for the Greek bettors. Yesterday a decision was expected to loosen these controls and release the internet markets which would provide those bettors with a way out. Again we have been lied to and the markets were not released which means that the idiocy remains.

Nevertheless I will keep trying to provide the Greeks here and anywhere in the world with a viable option to get some true value out of their betting money instead of falling victims to idiots. There are viable options out there. If only those damned capital controls could be bypassed this easily...

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Good luck, you seem switched on about the situation. I'm not Greek but I know where you're coming from.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I heard the people from Canada cannot even bet on 1 wager...only multiples...pretty sick if you ask me!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by cryptocap View Post
    I heard the people from Canada cannot even bet on 1 wager...only multiples...pretty sick if you ask me!
    Think Ive heard of that somewhere, is it really true for Canada? Havent heard them in an uproar here about it, if so what great little scam theyve pulled over on them.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Yah, some friends of mine said the rationale is integrity of the NHL and other sports...I dont even think they can bet on boxing from local books

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

You may be thinking of the Canadian governmental wagering system.
    My understanding is that Canadians have a wide array of off shore gambling outs available.

Greek players may be restricted much like American bettors.

Thryleon

There is a small difference between Greek and American bettors. Betting is prohibited for the Americans as an activity altogether. Except 1 or 2 States the Americans are not allowed to place bets AT ALL. Greeks are allowed to place bets ONLY to those bookmakers that have acquired a license from the Greek authorities. It would be better if we were not allowed to bet at all. This would make more sense. Being allowed to bet only on specific locations has one intention only. To gather the money. And this is not acceptable to me. Hence I have stopped betting altogether in the country and have been trying to find ways and solutions on the outside. I believe I have found such a solution and I will be sharing it with the rest of the Greeks shortly.

Thryleon

Speaking about the money and the total turnover of the Greek gamblers here is an interesting development. AEK got disqualified and will not play in any more Europa League matches. i.e. the team budget will be a few million short. In the most characteristic scandal the owner of the team is also the manager of the state owned gambling establishment OPAP which has been awarded the monopoly on gambling and betting. So it is easy to see where the gap in budget will be covered from. As I said before. Greeks need to find a solution for betting outside the jurisdiction of OPAP and make their money count for something. I found myself a betting broker with accounts at some of the international betting giants (Betfair, Matchbook, Pinnacle, Maxbet, Sbobet, etc...) so I will not have to provide this person a single dime out of my money.

Kramerico
    YOYOMA!
    Kramerico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Think Ive heard of that somewhere, is it really true for Canada? Havent heard them in an uproar here about it, if so what great little scam theyve pulled over on them.
    Yes that is true, the only one we have is called ProLine and it's a parlay of 3 minimum.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Canadians have best options with books offshore

Pro line is for kids and people who are homeless

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Are there online Greek Books?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who cares

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    You may be thinking of the Canadian governmental wagering system.
    My understanding is that Canadians have a wide array of off shore gambling outs available.

Greek players may be restricted much like American bettors.
    Absolutely correct, the olg(ontario lottery gaming) runs a corrupt government funded book call Proline. Anyone serious about sports betting knows that it is a complete scam, luckily we have options with online books and are not forced to just proline. Here are just a few of proline's corrupt rules that make it even more impossible to beat the books.
    You must put 3 games on each ticket essentually meaning u can only do parlays
    You are limitted to what sports u play, example- you cant even bet nba unless you live in quebec.
    Proline sets the lines- they juice canadian teams (jays/leafs) to entice the fans to bet them.
    If u did a 3 team point spread parlay on proline your payout is 5x the wager, the same parlay online would be around 6x the wager so even though it is funded by the government they still rake more then online books.
    Their are no other legal books in canada so basically the olg takes advantage because their isnt any competition.
    Their are plenty of other little tricks and scams that go along with proline but i would need a few pages to explain. The only advantage imo you get playing proline is line movement, they release all lines the morning of the games so once its out they cannot move it either way. My advice would be to stay the penetrate away from it unless you have $ that u dont want lol

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I saw the thread title and thought it was about another problem I'm having

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Good luck Thyroid

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Absolutely correct, the olg(ontario lottery gaming) runs a corrupt government funded book call Proline. Anyone serious about sports betting knows that it is a complete scam, luckily we have options with online books and are not forced to just proline. Here are just a few of proline's corrupt rules that make it even more impossible to beat the books.
    You must put 3 games on each ticket essentually meaning u can only do parlays
    You are limitted to what sports u play, example- you cant even bet nba unless you live in quebec.
    Proline sets the lines- they juice canadian teams (jays/leafs) to entice the fans to bet them.
    If u did a 3 team point spread parlay on proline your payout is 5x the wager, the same parlay online would be around 6x the wager so even though it is funded by the government they still rake more then online books.
    Their are no other legal books in canada so basically the olg takes advantage because their isnt any competition.
    Their are plenty of other little tricks and scams that go along with proline but i would need a few pages to explain. The only advantage imo you get playing proline is line movement, they release all lines the morning of the games so once its out they cannot move it either way. My advice would be to stay the penetrate away from it unless you have $ that u dont want lol
    and they'll never pass the bill to allow single game wagering through govt books.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    and they'll never pass the bill to allow single game wagering through govt books.
    The olg has to be raking it in, we need to get a job working for them

Thryleon

Who cares
    I do and I posted this thread for the Greeks.
    Last edited by Thryleon; 08-08-16 at 03:54 AM.

Thryleon

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yes there are. But they are regulated by the main gambling agency OPAP. There is bet365 out of the known ones but their odds are not freely arranged. They have to pay dues to OPAP. This is why Betfair, Expekt and Paddypower left the Greek market. Because they would not tolerate the restrictions.