DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Leicester is up seven points with three to play; they aren't going to lose.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Yeah they pretty much got it in the bag,gotta be the biggest underdog story in Sports history.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Will leicester crumble? Last week pinny was only -240 for leicester to win epl.
    Tricky run in at Man United, home to Everton, away to Chelsea. One win or three draws and obviously it's over but certainly possible it goes to the last day.

Spurs have to win out away to Chelsea, home to Southampton and away to Newcastle who might be in with a chance to stay up on the last day. If they win at Stamford Bridge they should beat those other two and they should have goal difference on their side.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

[QUOTE=lakerboy;25632767]Will leicester crumble? Last week pinny was only -240 for leicester to win epl.[/QUOT

Well the books think its a done deal..There -1700 to win it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Spurs schedule is actually harder than Leicester City. Spurs are not winning at Chelsea or Newcastle.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Spurs might win all 3. Leicester are big dogs at united. Lose there and draw everton and lose to chelsea. I don't want spurs to win anyways.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    no other league is as competitive as the premier league, not in soccer, and not in any other sport
    I don't know if you're trying to be sarcastic,or if you're really being serious. If it's the latter, I recommend you refraining from posting on sports forums unless you enjoy embarrassing yourself.

This is a league with 20 teams and a relegation system that allows new teams into the league every year, and before this year, ONLY FIVE teams have finished 1rst, 2cnd, and 3rd in the league for TWELVE years in a row. If Man City hadn't of been bought by a zillionaire who opened up his wallet to buy top talent, it would have been only 4. You consider that competitive?

It's more competitive than top level soccer leagues in Scotland or Portugal or Greece, but calling it the most competitive league in all sports league world wide might just be the most idiotic thing I've read all year.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    I don't know if you're trying to be sarcastic,or if you're really being serious. If it's the latter, I recommend you refraining from posting on sports forums unless you enjoy embarrassing yourself.

This is a league with 20 teams and a relegation system that allows new teams into the league every year, and before this year, ONLY FIVE teams have finished 1rst, 2cnd, and 3rd in the league for TWELVE years in a row. If Man City hadn't of been bought by a zillionaire who opened up his wallet to buy top talent, it would have been only 4. You consider that competitive?

It's more competitive than top level soccer leagues in Scotland or Portugal or Greece, but calling it the most competitive league in all sports league world wide might just be the most idiotic thing I've read all year.
    It's competitive - but veryyyyyy veryyyyy top heavy as well - teams in the middle of the pack in the EPL are better than teams in the middle of the pack in any other league, but so are the top teams.

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

You don't get it. The EPL is one of the only top leagues where average to horrible teams compete with the top week in week out. Of course only a few teams challenge for the top, but it's much more entertaining than La Liga for example. In Spain, there's blowouts weekly and the bottom teams really don't have a chance against Real and Barca. In England, teams like Stoke, Sunderland, Palace etc have been giving 9top teams trouble for years. EPL games are almost always competitive and there's rarely an easy game. You never see 8-0 wins like you do in Spain.

Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are a prime example of the competitiveness of other European leagues. Teams like Bayern and PSG are winning the league by fking April. They're miles ahead and often win the league by over 10 points. In France, the bottom team is closer to the second place team than PSG is. In Italy, Juventus has won 5 times in a row with ease. At least in England, you have at least 4 teams who are favored to win the league and stay competitive until around February. With Tottenham getting Better and Klopp managing Liverpool, there's at least 6 teams who in August can legitimately say "we have a chance at the league this year"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

DAne, $200 ticket would be a Million-maker.

$20 ticket would be $100,000.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by Killer2121 View Post
    You don't get it. The EPL is one of the only top leagues where average to horrible teams compete with the top week in week out. Of course only a few teams challenge for the top, but it's much more entertaining than La Liga for example. In Spain, there's blowouts weekly and the bottom teams really don't have a chance against Real and Barca. In England, teams like Stoke, Sunderland, Palace etc have been giving 9top teams trouble for years. EPL games are almost always competitive and there's rarely an easy game. You never see 8-0 wins like you do in Spain.

Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are a prime example of the competitiveness of other European leagues. Teams like Bayern and PSG are winning the league by fking April. They're miles ahead and often win the league by over 10 points. In France, the bottom team is closer to the second place team than PSG is. In Italy, Juventus has won 5 times in a row with ease. At least in England, you have at least 4 teams who are favored to win the league and stay competitive until around February. With Tottenham getting Better and Klopp managing Liverpool, there's at least 6 teams who in August can legitimately say "we have a chance at the league this year"
    No, you're the one who doesn't "get it". You called the EPL the most competitive league in all of sports. It was a ridiculous comment. Just because the EPL might have more top to bottom balance than some other soccer leagues the last few years doesn't make them a competitive league. The Lakers, the worst team in the NBA West beat Golden State, the best team in the West in the NBA this year. Big Deal. Some bottom teams beat top teams in all leagues. Even runaway Bayern lost at home to Mainz this year, and drew with 17th place Eintracht Frankfurt. And the reason you don't see as many blowouts in the EPL anymore is because there are no Barcelona's and Real Madrids in the EPL who have that kind of firepower. Atletico doesn't have that kind of firepower either,but they play a different style and are tied on points with Barca for the Spanish league lead,they bounced Barca from the UCL, and even they lost to relegation threatened Sporting Gijon. The EPL has been down in European competitions for a few years now. These things are cyclical anyway. There was a time period from '96 to '04 when the EPL was dominated by 2 clubs and then Chelsea got real good and made it a 3 team league for another 7 years until the rise of Man City. Before PSG spent like drunken sailors, Ligue 1 was very competitive for 4 years after the domination of Lyon from 02'-08. It's cyclical in many leagues. Then you have leagues like Portugal, where Porto, Benfica, and Sporting have won every league title except for 2 seasons since 1935. Now that's a non-competive league. And even there this year, cellar dwellar Tondela beat Porto in Porto as a 40-1 dog.

Hey, I like the EPL, I watch it all the time, but saying it's the most competitive league in sports is just ridiculous. You want a real competitive soccer league, you can look at Brazil Serie A. There's a league where almost every team in the table has a chance to win the league every year, and everyone beats everyone else. Sure, it's not the quality of the EPL, but it's still one of the 10 best soccer leagues in the world.

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

can you give me some examples? having 5-6 teams fighting for the championship each year is quite impressive, and a lot of teams have won the premier league, newcastle, nottingham, now lester etc

look at the nba, there is only two teams this year, spurs/wars, very few teams have won an nba title and you have dinasties like lakers and boston that win everything

having 25% of your teams competing for the title is impressive I think i cant think of any other league that has that

Killer2121

No, you're the one who doesn't "get it". You called the EPL the most competitive league in all of sports. It was a ridiculous comment. Just because the EPL might have more top to bottom balance than some other soccer leagues the last few years doesn't make them a competitive league. The Lakers, the worst team in the NBA West beat Golden State, the best team in the West in the NBA this year. Big Deal. Some bottom teams beat top teams in all leagues. Even runaway Bayern lost at home to Mainz this year, and drew with 17th place Eintracht Frankfurt. And the reason you don't see as many blowouts in the EPL anymore is because there are no Barcelona's and Real Madrids in the EPL who have that kind of firepower. Atletico doesn't have that kind of firepower either,but they play a different style and are tied on points with Barca for the Spanish league lead,they bounced Barca from the UCL, and even they lost to relegation threatened Sporting Gijon. The EPL has been down in European competitions for a few years now. These things are cyclical anyway. There was a time period from '96 to '04 when the EPL was dominated by 2 clubs and then Chelsea got real good and made it a 3 team league for another 7 years until the rise of Man City. Before PSG spent like drunken sailors, Ligue 1 was very competitive for 4 years after the domination of Lyon from 02'-08. It's cyclical in many leagues. Then you have leagues like Portugal, where Porto, Benfica, and Sporting have won every league title except for 2 seasons since 1935. Now that's a non-competive league. And even there this year, cellar dwellar Tondela beat Porto in Porto as a 40-1 dog.

Hey, I like the EPL, I watch it all the time, but saying it's the most competitive league in sports is just ridiculous. You want a real competitive soccer league, you can look at Brazil Serie A. There's a league where almost every team in the table has a chance to win the league every year, and everyone beats everyone else. Sure, it's not the quality of the EPL, but it's still one of the 10 best soccer leagues in the world.
    I have never once stated that the EPL is the most competitive league in the world. Not once. However out of all the big leagues in Europe, it most certainly is. Crappy teams upset big teams all the time but seriously? It's an absolute rarity in other leagues. I have been watching the EPL for 10+ years and I can count on one hand how many games I've seen where teams get bliwn out by 6+ goals. Bottom half teams have been competing with the likes of United, Chelsea etc for years. Sure they don't always win, but there's never an easy match. Crappy stoke city used to upset big teams at home for example. Fulham used to give it to Chelsea and I remember even Blackpool upsetting a few teams.

My point is that there's never an easy game in England. It's a much more balanced league than say Ka liga or Bundesliga. Sure your big teams will win, expectedly. However it's not easy. The year always starts off with at least 5 title favorites. Can the same be said for Germany, Portugal, Spain France? They usually keep in close between 3-4 teams up until Spring then it fades away. With La Liga, you just have Real and Barca pegging away (with the exception of this year and 2014). France and Germany you can just give the title to One team and even the sane with Italy. In England it's tight until the last couple of weeks. This happened in 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009,2008,2007 off the top of my head. I have never seen a team in England run away with the league like Juve, Psg and Bayern have done in the past few years. When you amass over 100 points, score over 100 goals, beat multiple teams 8-0 and win your league in early April, your league is a joke.

Put the bottom half EPL team3vs the bottom half teams from any other nation and we'll see who wins... Now of course the big boys from Spain Italy and Germany would destroy us but overall, the quality in the EPL is much better.

Its even getting worse. Now in England, we have at least 6 title contenders. United, Chelsea, Arsenal and City. Liverpool will be hungry and ambitious and the youth of Tottenham will dominate for years to come. It's only improving. Literally nobody will top PSG unless they go bankrupt. Nobody will top Bayern if they keep scooping up all the best Bundesliga talent. Nobody will top Juve unless one of those oldie teams in Milan or Roma get some money and attra9top takent to Italy once again. It's only getting worse for the other leagues.

I appreciate the Brazilian Serie A but it's way too slow paced for me. If it's not a European league, ill choose the J-League or even the MLS.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed EPL is a tough league I usually skip the league entirely when making picks, very unpredictable. Occasionally with the right injuries, mid-week CL games or EL games you can pick a game here but even then I still wait to see line-ups before making a deciosion. BOL to everyone.....Leicester today +317, +1/2 -112 1 unit each.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

kick off!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

European football is not set up for anything like this to happen.

Almost impossible to compare to American sports because you can get hot in a tournament at the end.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

The the start they wanted today...down 1 within 10 minutes

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Leicester to win title 5000-1
    U2 front man Bono becoming pope 5000-1
    Elvis surfacing in good health 2000-1
    President Barack Obama to admit the moon landings had been faked 500-1

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

nice game so far

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This will be so much better if they win this at old Trafford instead of winning by default tomorrow.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22798

YEP

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Are people forgetting Deportivo de la Coruņa's achievement?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

they did not clinch yet

Anyone know scenarios to clinch

lakerboy

I still think they might collapse

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Well books don't ..they are now -5000 Spurs are 18-1

indio

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    can you give me some examples? having 5-6 teams fighting for the championship each year is quite impressive, and a lot of teams have won the premier league, newcastle, nottingham, now lester etc

look at the nba, there is only two teams this year, spurs/wars, very few teams have won an nba title and you have dinasties like lakers and boston that win everything

having 25% of your teams competing for the title is impressive I think i cant think of any other league that has that
    Since this post of yours is almost shocking in how inaccurate and comical it is, let me point out a few of your errors.

A.) Newcastle has never won the Premier league. They did win the top English league way back in 1927. Neither has Nottingham Forest won the Premier league, although they did win the top league in 1978, long before their was the EPL. If you think 1978 results have anything to do with this discussion, you're delusional, if you think seasons from 1927 have anything to do with this topic, you should be committed.

B.) In the NBA, there have been 9 different teams winning the league in the last 21 years, the league having between 27 and 30 teams each year in that span. The EPL after this season will have 5 in its last 21 years with 20 teams in the league. Also, Boston has won 1 NBA title in the last 30 years. I don't think that qualifies as winning everything anymore.

C.) In the NFL, there have been 9 different championship clubs in the last 9 years. That will NEVER happen in the EPL, or any other major soccer league.

D.) Bookmakers will typically have 14 out of 20 teams at odds of 200-1 or higher to win the EPL almost every year. The NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS will almost never have more than 2 or 3 teams offered at 200-1 or higher.

E.) It is spelled DYNASTIES, not dinasties, it is LEICESTER, not lester.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by Killer2121 View Post
    I have never once stated that the EPL is the most competitive league in the world. Not once. However out of all the big leagues in Europe, it most certainly is. Crappy teams upset big teams all the time but seriously? It's an absolute rarity in other leagues. I have been watching the EPL for 10+ years and I can count on one hand how many games I've seen where teams get bliwn out by 6+ goals. Bottom half teams have been competing with the likes of United, Chelsea etc for years. Sure they don't always win, but there's never an easy match. Crappy stoke city used to upset big teams at home for example. Fulham used to give it to Chelsea and I remember even Blackpool upsetting a few teams.

My point is that there's never an easy game in England. It's a much more balanced league than say Ka liga or Bundesliga. Sure your big teams will win, expectedly. However it's not easy. The year always starts off with at least 5 title favorites. Can the same be said for Germany, Portugal, Spain France? They usually keep in close between 3-4 teams up until Spring then it fades away. With La Liga, you just have Real and Barca pegging away (with the exception of this year and 2014). France and Germany you can just give the title to One team and even the sane with Italy. In England it's tight until the last couple of weeks. This happened in 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009,2008,2007 off the top of my head. I have never seen a team in England run away with the league like Juve, Psg and Bayern have done in the past few years. When you amass over 100 points, score over 100 goals, beat multiple teams 8-0 and win your league in early April, your league is a joke.

Put the bottom half EPL team3vs the bottom half teams from any other nation and we'll see who wins... Now of course the big boys from Spain Italy and Germany would destroy us but overall, the quality in the EPL is much better.

Its even getting worse. Now in England, we have at least 6 title contenders. United, Chelsea, Arsenal and City. Liverpool will be hungry and ambitious and the youth of Tottenham will dominate for years to come. It's only improving. Literally nobody will top PSG unless they go bankrupt. Nobody will top Bayern if they keep scooping up all the best Bundesliga talent. Nobody will top Juve unless one of those oldie teams in Milan or Roma get some money and attra9top takent to Italy once again. It's only getting worse for the other leagues.

I appreciate the Brazilian Serie A but it's way too slow paced for me. If it's not a European league, ill choose the J-League or even the MLS.
    You're correct about one thing, you didn't state the EPL is the most competitive league in the world, The Langster did, I got the two of you confused, so I apologize for that incorrect statement. That's about all that is correct about your post however. No need getting into a peeing match over degrees of competition in different soccer leagues. With the exception of only two seasons when Liverpool got 2cnd place,the EPL had the same 3 teams finish top 2 in the table from 1998 to 2010, that's 14 seasons in a row. In that same time period, LaLiga had 7 different teams top 2, and the Bundesliga had 7 also. Teams occasionally winning 7-0 in Spain is meaningless, they play a more open, less physical game in LaLiga, and Barca and Real Madrid have people like Messi, Suarez, and Ronaldo, so yeah, some games get lopsided scorelines. Doesn't mean the lower table teams in LaLiga are less competitive than the park the bus, mugging bottom feeders of the EPL who play the top teams of EPL who don't have the very best strikers in abundance anymore.

Hey, I don't want to get into a prolonged back and forth about a topic that isn't that important, especially one that's based on opinion. You have your opinion, I respect that, and I'll have mine. My final thoughts before I leave this thread are these:

You said put the bottom clubs in EPL vs. the bottom clubs in La liga and see what happens. Well, OK. Put Levante in a home and home 2 legged series with Aston Villa and I guarantee Levante would be a favorite at every bookmaker. Same thing would hold true with Rayo Vallecano vs. Norwich City.

And you must not watch a whole lot of Brazilian Serie A if you think it's slow paced. It's often faster than almost every league around . And if you would rather watch a J-league game or an MLS match instead of a Brazil Serie A game, you must be a masochist. I'd rather watch an A-league game over a J-League game these days.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Well books don't ..they are now -5000 Spurs are 18-1
    Liverpool was probably the same a couple of years ago.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    Are people forgetting Deportivo de la Coruņa's achievement?
    What were their odds to win the title.

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

Since this post of yours is almost shocking in how inaccurate and comical it is, let me point out a few of your errors.

A.) Newcastle has never won the Premier league. They did win the top English league way back in 1927. Neither has Nottingham Forest won the Premier league, although they did win the top league in 1978, long before their was the EPL. If you think 1978 results have anything to do with this discussion, you're delusional, if you think seasons from 1927 have anything to do with this topic, you should be committed.

B.) In the NBA, there have been 9 different teams winning the league in the last 21 years, the league having between 27 and 30 teams each year in that span. The EPL after this season will have 5 in its last 21 years with 20 teams in the league. Also, Boston has won 1 NBA title in the last 30 years. I don't think that qualifies as winning everything anymore.

C.) In the NFL, there have been 9 different championship clubs in the last 9 years. That will NEVER happen in the EPL, or any other major soccer league.

D.) Bookmakers will typically have 14 out of 20 teams at odds of 200-1 or higher to win the EPL almost every year. The NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS will almost never have more than 2 or 3 teams offered at 200-1 or higher.

E.) It is spelled DYNASTIES, not dinasties, it is LEICESTER, not lester.
    just because the league changed its name it doesnt mean anything, its the exact same league

how are there so many winners in the nba over the last 21 years? you have lakers with 5, spurs 5, so just two teams won half the championships, and also you have like 2 teams every year that have a chance of winning it and that's reminds me of spanish league and italian league in soccer. and this year is worst were it seems like warriors are the only contender

how have there been 9 championship nfl clubs in the last 9 years? just off the top of my head I remember giants winning it at least twice in the last 9 years

also you cant compare a one and done league like the nfl against a year long marathon like the premier league. if the premier league had a similar playoff system to the nfl there would be a lot of winners too

and attacking my spelling is so hacky, you should be more creative in trying to appear more intelligent than me. also you dont even consider the possibility that there are people on this forum for whom english is a second language
    Last edited by TheLangster; 05-01-16 at 07:50 PM.

Killer2121

You're correct about one thing, you didn't state the EPL is the most competitive league in the world, The Langster did, I got the two of you confused, so I apologize for that incorrect statement. That's about all that is correct about your post however. No need getting into a peeing match over degrees of competition in different soccer leagues. With the exception of only two seasons when Liverpool got 2cnd place,the EPL had the same 3 teams finish top 2 in the table from 1998 to 2010, that's 14 seasons in a row. In that same time period, LaLiga had 7 different teams top 2, and the Bundesliga had 7 also. Teams occasionally winning 7-0 in Spain is meaningless, they play a more open, less physical game in LaLiga, and Barca and Real Madrid have people like Messi, Suarez, and Ronaldo, so yeah, some games get lopsided scorelines. Doesn't mean the lower table teams in LaLiga are less competitive than the park the bus, mugging bottom feeders of the EPL who play the top teams of EPL who don't have the very best strikers in abundance anymore.

Hey, I don't want to get into a prolonged back and forth about a topic that isn't that important, especially one that's based on opinion. You have your opinion, I respect that, and I'll have mine. My final thoughts before I leave this thread are these:

You said put the bottom clubs in EPL vs. the bottom clubs in La liga and see what happens. Well, OK. Put Levante in a home and home 2 legged series with Aston Villa and I guarantee Levante would be a favorite at every bookmaker. Same thing would hold true with Rayo Vallecano vs. Norwich City.

And you must not watch a whole lot of Brazilian Serie A if you think it's slow paced. It's often faster than almost every league around . And if you would rather watch a J-league game or an MLS match instead of a Brazil Serie A game, you must be a masochist. I'd rather watch an A-league game over a J-League game these days.
    Fair enough, but one thing... Look at the players on the bottom half EPL teams compared to the ones in La Liga. Much better on paper and we're going to see the EPL revitalize itself with the new TV deal they got. English clubs are buying players for fun. When Shaqiri and Bojan come to Stoke, you know it's serious.

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

Tottenham failed to beat Chelsea tonight, meaning Leicester are officially champions

5000/1!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Small bettors dream come true. This is a major win for all the $1 bettors.

First 123 Last