000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1356

International Friendly: Turkey vs Greece

International Friendly: Turkey vs Greece

Big rivalry between these two nations, both have a bit of a reputation for perhaps not always giving of their best in friendly matches, but we can expect the competitive juices to be flowing tonight. However, Greece really are in a bit of a mess, failed to qualify fairly miserably for Euro 2016, finishing bottom of a group containing the Faroe Islands and no major footballing "giant" and failing to score in six of ten, including four home games. They have posted just one win in the last 12 months and even managed to concede three goals in that victory, they are coming off a 1-0 defeat to Luxembourg on Friday and rivalry or not, I still think it will be very difficult for them to suddenly find form and to lift their game. Turkey qualified for the Euros as the best third placed team after looking in big trouble early in qualification, but they have played solidly over the last year, through which they are unbeaten through ten starts (eight wins), including taking four points from the Netherlands, winning in the Czech Republic and perhaps most importantly for us today, winning all three friendly matches.

This match will have special importance for Terim, he has been wildly successful on the domestic and world stage and was given the honour of having a stadium named after him last year, the Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium, guess where this is being played ? He will lead a team out in the stadium named after him for the first time and surely he will have his troops extra pumped for this match against a real rival. If it was me, I would really want to win this and it feel like a lot of additional motivation and in friendly matches that is always a bonus. Turkey to end the year unbeaten and with a two goal win.

Turkey -0.75 ball 2.06 asian line/Sportmarket.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

I like Turkey too, but took them without a handicap