Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

FIFA U20 World Cup 2015

Usually I pay little attention to the youth WCs but this one is here in New Zealand so there's a fair amount of attention around it in the local media.

Any thoughts? I'm going to have to watch a few games to get a read on teams as I know very little to be honest on most of them.

New Zealand v Ukraine to kick it off in an hour, should be a reasonable crowd and the weathers good. Pitches will be interesting over the tournament they're pretty much all rugby pitches so how they hold up over the tournament for football might be interesting, mostly very good grounds though.

Think Ukraine should have enough to edge the Kiwis maybe 1-0, can't see many goals in this unless NZ really go for it which would be foolish imo. Think the ML on the Ukraine is fair and they should win but I'm backing a low scorer with the young all whites defending well behind a solid crowd. Maybe 1-0 1-1 type game.

1U U2.5 @ evens.

The weather will be interesting over the tournament the seasons have really changed here over the last week or so and it's been very cold especially at night and when we get the winds here it's bitterly cold, can't see those African/Middle Eastern teams enjoying a wet and windy match if they get those conditions.

And Fiji are in for a world of pain there could be some huge scores in their games.

The USA should belt Myanmar in the second game, going to have a look into that now. The others today were Argentina v Panama and Ghana v Austria.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Man nice to know you are there, any info you may see about the matches is great. I have been researching in different places and have been able to find a fair share of info.

I don't know much about the all whites but you just posted great info, I figure Ukraine has professional players already in this team some of them playing in Russia and Ukraine. I went for Ukraine over 1.5, but if you think New Zealand is going to be defending must of time will be hard to see those 2, but let's see.

US should come out strong to try to secure the 3 points, They will probably have the ball possesion most of the time and hopefully they will be sharp enough to finish the plays. Over 3.5 for me in this game.

And then Argentina - Panama, I saw Panama play the qualifying matches and they were pretty fast and organized team. Tehy will probably try to counter Argentina but I see no upset in this one, but I think they can score 1 goal today. Panama over 0.5 at 2.04 is my play on this.

I will post and discuss more as we move along in this upcoming match.

Cheers brother

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I think Uruguay as an outsider +1600 for a punt looks a nice one, tricky side with some interesting players.

Although Brasil should win it, imo Kenedy in the squad probably the best player at the World Cup.

GL fellas

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Myanmar +2.5 @ +118 to keep it close against the US. Under 3.5 might not be a terrible idea either. From reading, Myanmar's strong suit is organized defense, so they will probably look to stay tight and absorb the pressure.

Mase of Base

Panama have been busy in the lead up I see they've played a bunch of warm up games and have done very well in them. I only knew about the all whites game which they lost and Uruguay which they won on a late free kick I think it was, that game was played on a joke of a pitch but they defended well apparently. Hammered Australia which is eye catching as they're an okay side.

They might be able to frustrate Argentina for awhile but surely the class of the Sth Americans will shine through. Panama not to lose is quite enticing though at big odds!

No idea how Myanmar even got into this tourny but guess they're doing something right, see the cap is US -2.5 I lean them to cover that but have to pass being the first game and like I said Myanmar must be doing something right to get out of that Asian qualifying!

Am going to play the over in the late game though. Think Ghana and Austria will score but BTTS is juiced so I'll take the bigger odds and hope for a winner in a 2-1 game. Could be cagey as these two will be looking to get through along with Argentina but 3 points would be huge to either.

1.1U O2.5 @ 1.91.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Ghana usually is pretty good in U20 competitions, don't know much about Australia but I like the value of the over play.
    I think the US will come out guns blazing and pressing the hell out of Myanmar, I expect the US to score and win accordingly after seeing the display from Ukraine which was pretty poor. NZ had the best chances to win the game.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I like Myanmar +2.5 @ +118 to keep it close against the US. Under 3.5 might not be a terrible idea either. From reading, Myanmar's strong suit is organized defense, so they will probably look to stay tight and absorb the pressure.
    FYI, this line opened up around 1.83 I watched it early today. just so you know about the price change.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by cogiditopapa View Post
    Ghana usually is pretty good in U20 competitions, don't know much about Australia but I like the value of the over play.
    I think the US will come out guns blazing and pressing the hell out of Myanmar, I expect the US to score and win accordingly after seeing the display from Ukraine which was pretty poor. NZ had the best chances to win the game.

It's Austria they play. They're pretty decent nothing really special though.

Yeah I think the US are a darkhorse in this comp and could go deep but I know nothing about Myanmar though, never heard of them in any tournament at any level so it's a shock to see them here! Makes me skeptical.

Ukraine just weren't clinical it was like 17 shots to 5 or something and most of those NZ shots were in the last ten minutes. Had the feeling the Kiwi boys would be solid though with the crowd behind them which was quite decent. Soccer/Football isn't big down here and they were wondering what crowds would be like so it was nice to see a sell out.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

I meant Austria, thanks.
    It's about to start let's see how the US does it.

I know Ukraine weren't clinical, but I really think it was more due to lack of skills than just bad luck. All whites play their plan and it worked. Nice hit on the under bro!

EaglesPhan36

Thanks, I decided to skip it and just watch to see how it goes in the 1H.

Mase of Base

Myanmar! Wow.

Saw USA were hammered down to 1.02 just before kick off, there must be a fair few sweating now.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 05-29-15 at 11:13 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Instant regret on skipping that line perhaps? LoL

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Instant regret on skipping that line perhaps? LoL
    Haha maybe not, lead didn't last long.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

This kids are playing well...but I think they'll run out of gas at some point. US not clinical at all. need 2 more goals in the 2nd half 3-1, 2-2 and I will be happy.

I am also watching the panama game....panama is fast fast fast and well organized, Argentina is having a really tough day. both goals scored were 1st class.

Ukraine will probably be fav against Maynmar -2.5 also....I'll take it!of course Ukraine not to cover =). no way US covers the AH probably at -1 with NZ, draw! haha man this tourney gets me excited.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

WOW tell me how the US guy miss that goal.....this NCAA guys are just low quality....not clinical at all.

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

These seagulls in the american game is so annoying

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    These seagulls in the american game is so annoying
    Hahaha I was thinking the same thing! sometimes I think is the ball going in the net! Damn it! hahaha

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

This is brutal.......They MIGHT eek a 2-1 win. Pathetic.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Haha maybe not, lead didn't last long.
    Was never really in danger of not covering thanks to the US' shitty finishing.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

True, the US was sloppy and not clinical at all, also lack of quality not bad luck.

Now Panama is freaking dark horse here, they could had won the game against Argentina. Massive result for them 2-2. They are fast as hell.

Mase of Base

Watched that Panama game they were well worth a point, wish I played that!

Argy defending was suicidal though pretty sure every chance Panama got was from terrible defending, commentator did mention they had a couple of first choice defenders out.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

For sure Argentinian defending was terrible.
    Watching Ghana now... this guys look 25 not 20

Mase of Base

Weather has ruined this game it's horrible out there.

Checked the forecast before I bet the game and it looked alright, typical Wellington.

Mase of Base

Ironic that I bring up the weather in my first my first post and it's going to burn me on the first day!

Just a note the games played in Dunedin (two tomorrow I think plus plenty more) are in a stadium with a roof and a very good pitch.

HeinrichII
    HeinrichII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 853

Hello there.

I am from Panama and I am really glad we shut up tons of mouths yesterday. I recall some argentinian commentators saying that we are a very limited team and Argentina should stomp us...we proved them wrong! Too bad Small didnt score that last 1 on 1 he had for Panama to win.

Panama is dangerous my friends. Dont count them out!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cogiditopapa

EaglesPhan36

Three red cards Mexico v. Mali, crazy shit. Terrible call on the last one.

EaglesPhan36

Mali is going to win.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Hey fellas, I saw the last 20 min of the game, 2 red cards was a killer.

Uruguay - Serbia
    I think this is going to be a tough match fought in midfield. I am rooting for the under at 1.80

Portugal - Senegal
    I fan Portugal in this one, right now priced at 1.57, I am thinking to watch for the 1st 20-30 min so see what happens, I think if I can catch Portugal at +odds on the ML I should have enough value to pull the trigger.

Ideas, thoughts?

EaglesPhan36

Took the over in the Portugal-Sengal match myself.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Senegal needs to put one in for the over, it will be great if this gets 1-1 before the 60 min mark, if it does, I should be able to get Portugal at +odd. If Senegal doesn't do it I think Portugal will settle for the the 1-0, control the ball look for a possible 2nd ball and retrieve and don't attack just defend. Portugal looks ok in defense and Senegal sloppy - fast just like all african teams.

EaglesPhan36

Doesn't look likely that this one sees 3 goals or even two at this rate.

EaglesPhan36

Portugal should have at least scored one more. Three golden chances.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Yeah, Senegal poor in attack, Portugal had couple of great chances but Senegal keeper has been solid. Yeah it was imperative that Senegal scored otherwise I figure Portugal will just do what they are doing be ok with the 1-0 and ride it.
    =( I was never able to find Portugal at +odds and I figure -1 was going to be a push...o well, Brasil - Nigeria tomorrow =)

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Man! miracle! nice 3-0 great win bro! love this U20

EaglesPhan36

LoL Holy Shit Over 2.5 hits ... thanks to that stupid play by the keeper coming that far out. Well deserved really. Portugal could have had 5-6. They looked really sharp and threatening, just some bad luck on finishing, good saves, etc.

1234 ... Last