Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Friendly West Ham vs Wellington Phoenix

Does anyone have an opinion on this game? We saw yesterday that Newcastle comprehensively beat Sydney another A league side, so i imagine today could be the same outcome.

Squads are:

West Ham
    Mo Diame (35/4), Winston Reid (22/1), Jussi Jaaskelainen (18/0 GK), Kevin Nolan (33/7), Carlton Cole (16/6), James Tomkins (31/0), Matt Jarvis (32/2), Dan Potts, Andy Carrol (15/2)l, Sam Howes, Stewart Downing (32/1), Daniel Whitehead, Ricardo Vaz Te (8/2), Adrian (20/0), Matthias Fanimo, Mark Noble (38/3), Joey O’Brien (17/0), Leo Chambers, James Collins (24/1), Guy Demel (32/1) and newcomers Mauro Zarate (Velez Sarsfield, undisclosed), Cheikhou Kouyaté (Anderlecht, £7m), Aaron Cresswell (Ipswich Town, undisclosed) Diego Poyet (Charlton, free)

Wellington Phoenix
    Glen Moss, Michael Boxall, Ben Sigmund, Andrew Durante (c), Josh Brindell-South, Manny Muscat, Albert Riera, Alejandro Gorrin, Kenny Cunningham, Tyler Boyd, Michael McGlinchey, Tom Doyle, Jeremy Brockie, Roy Krishna, Reece Caira, Jason Hicks, Alex Rufer, Lewis Italiano, Louis Fenton, Matthew Ridenton, Nathan Burns

Now i don't know much about West Ham so was hoping others on here with a bit more EPL knowledge may be able to help out.. Is this a strong squad for West Ham?

I'm leaning on the over as Wellington conceded alot of goals last season and finished 2nd bottom in the A league.

However the AH -1 on West Ham is also paying well... I dont see Wellington winning this match even though it's on home soil, the gap in quality between A league and EPL is too great.

Your thoughts please

justkyle88
    justkyle88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like Wellington have lost 2 of their 3 goalscorers from last in.
    Cunningham is still there but Hernandez and hugsegems are out.
    When these players were out last year, Wellington struggled.

Rustyglobes

Good insight @Justkyle88

Also just adding that Wellingtion have conceded 16 goals in their last 5 games for an average of 4 goals per game with only 1 game going under all be it in the regular season of the A league which was over 3 months ago, so they do leak goals.

West Ham have played 2 friendlies since the 13th of July whilst this will be Wellingtons 1st competitive hit out in 3 months.

chuda
    chuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14262

westham are equal to newcastle , both will be sharing 8 - 12 position in epl this season. westham compared to newcastle yesterday, haven`t changed much, team core and spine from last season is the same. andy carol , westham striker, goes trough recovery from injury plague, he might be not in the best form and probably will not play too much today. even without him there is enough threat for westham, expecting the same kind of game and result like yesterday.

justkyle88

I can only get -1.5AH for west ham.
    Might have to wait for inplays to get on.
    West ham and over 2.5 looks the goods I suppose.

chuda

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Reid (c), Collins, Cresswell, Kouyate, Noble, Nolan, Diame, Jarvis, C.Cole
    Subs: Adrian, Howes, Tomkins, Downing, Fanimo, O'Brien, Potts, Poyet, Vaz Te, Whitehead, Zarate
    Wellington Phoenix: Moss, Muscat, Gorrin, Burns, Brockie, Boyd, Riera, Fenron, Sigmund, Durante (c), Blake
    Subs: Italiano, Caira, Boxall, Brindell-Smith, Cunningham, Rufer, Hicks, Lia, Krishna, Ridenton, Doyle

andy carol won`t play. that doesn`t change too much. that`s basically westham`s team who played most of a season last year. know each other well , better on counter strikes than in possession, one of australian teams should score ... hopefully : BTTS and westham to win @ 2.90
    Last edited by chuda; 07-23-14 at 02:07 AM.

Rustyglobes

Awesome Wellington scored first, good for the over. The Phoenix aren't looking too bad West Ham better pull their socks up

Rustyglobes

WOW Wellington are up by 2 goals now!!! That was a cracking 2nd goal

chuda

they better pull those socks over they heads they look lost, big sam seems haven`t brought anything new in their play...

justkyle88

Wow

Rustyglobes

Surely West Ham are capable of scoring at least 1 goal in this match even though at tge moment they dont look like it

justkyle88

Are you guys streaming this?
    I can only watch stats on bet365

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Good goals? Only saw the last few minutes been at indoor football. How do the teams look?

I'm a Wellington fan so that's an epic scoreline (even if it's a friendly!), might have the scalps of Boca Juniors and West Ham in 45 minutes!

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by justkyle88 View Post
    Are you guys streaming this?
    I can only watch stats on bet365
    Ha yeah it ain't in English though so all I understand is who has the ball!

Rustyglobes

I'm watching it on stream2watchme.com and it's fast and in english, really good stream actually!!

Hey Mase, yeah bothe Phoenix goals were great.. The first was a header from a free kick one from the side of the penalty box and the second was a beautiful passage of play where the young PHoenix player dribbled through a couple of West ham defenders on the counter and finished off from outside of the penalty box into the bottom right corner.

Hoping for one more goal

Rustyglobes

West Ham are so painfully slow, Wellington defenders have them well in check

Rustyglobes

This game is going under can't believe it... Wellington content to park the bus now and West ham gave no creativity to get any chances

Mase of Base

YES! Stoked, what a win. Hopefully can knock off Newcastle on the weekend. Fat Sam didn't look impressed.

Sorry to Hammers backers, hopefully you made some on Newcastle yesterday.

Rustyglobes

Phew relieved that over hit, Wellington looked great out there tonight

justkyle88

What was final score

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

2-1