Tom Jane
    Tom Jane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bundesliga

Anyone follow Bundesliga? Kind of sad it doesn't have its own forum, like the other big leauges. Admittedly, I need to get more into the EPL, but I just like the German game better, and spent a long time in Bavaria.

As for this week:
    - Typically I'd take Bayern over Hamburg, but even though Hamburg has a pitiful defense, the boys in red aren't getting bounces. The over 3 interests me slightly, though I think it's very likely to be a push.
    - My play this week is Bremen over Freiburg. Freiburg had a good year last year, but are typically a 1.5Bundesliga team bouncing between tiers Bremen had a good showing on the road against Leverkusen and should be ready to beat a lesser opponent at home.
    - Köln has looked pathetic and I am slightly tempted to go with Kaiserslautern on the road, but as they're both lowly squads, I won't put anything on this one. Over 2 1/2 is tempting as Kaiserslautern has allowed three in two and Köln seven in two.
    - Other games look too close to call. Over in the Schalke game, maybe, as they've been involved in two blow outs, and Mainz means business this year.

Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can you let us know when you decide on your totals?

Fl6j66
    Fl6j66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

I am focused on BVB as their little banwagoner, but i try to follow other games every week. Very enjoyable league.

Köln has looked pathetic
    If i was Podolski i would pay to run far away from this institution.

Tom Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Chips View Post
    Can you let us know when you decide on your totals?
    I sure can, I typically look at sports calls like stock picks. I keep to myself and hit home runs, then when I tell the family to invest in ABC stock, it plummets. I won my Champions League pool two years in a row, so maybe I know more than I give myself credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fl6j66 View Post
    I am focused on BVB as their little banwagoner, but i try to follow other games every week. Very enjoyable league.
    Very tempted in picking BVB at home against a paltry FCN squad. Pretty high on them after last year, some good internationals.

If i was Podolski i would pay to run far away from this institution.
    I feel bad for the guy, but I understand that it's essentially his hometown squad. Though at some point in time, if you want to win Championships, you've got to go to a big name squad. He got the double in 07-08, but I would've like to see him on the 09-10 double-winning squad. I didn't like FCB essentially choosing a stone age Luca Toni over him despite that 24 goal outburst.
    Last edited by Tom Jane; 08-19-11 at 02:17 AM.

Tom Jane

Right now eying the M'glabach-Wolves matchup, the only one on the day. Can't really make heads or tails of it and probably wouldn't if there were lineups posted. Both are solid low/mid-tier squads that match up well against each other. Eying the under, but -125 makes it a tough play.

Tom Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jane View Post
    Right now eying the M'glabach-Wolves matchup, the only one on the day. Can't really make heads or tails of it and probably wouldn't if there were lineups posted. Both are solid low/mid-tier squads that match up well against each other. Eying the under, but -125 makes it a tough play.
    Glad I steered clear of the under. Thought The Foals would pull it out, but not put up four.

And for anyone that cares, here's my plays for today:

Bundesliga
    Werder Bremen -180 x10
    Hamburg/Bayern o3 -105 x10
    Kaiserslautern/Köln o2.5 -105 x10
    Dortmund (aka BVB) -330 x10

Other Leagues
    (Primera) Cruz Azul -175 x10
    (EPL) Everton -210 x10

- Bremen over Freiburg is at great great odds and should be an easy win.
    - Hamburg and Bayern over 3 is a regret on my part. I keep hoping Bayern shows their offensive talent. Drobný and Neuer (and HJB who may play) are good keepers, and under is more likely. All I'm hoping for now is a push and the end to 'fanboy' bets.
    - Kaiserslautern and Köln have poor defences and poor keepers. Anything in the box is a goal. Podolski could win it on his own.
    - Nürnberg is looking terrible this year, and despite the poor odds, BVB should have an easy win.
    - Cruz Azul was a bite just based on odds. Tijuana is one rough rough squad.
    - Everton was a home run for me. I see them down to -200 in some places for some reason. They are playing a garbage QPR team at home, and unless they play their B Team, it should be an easy 3 points.

So there it is. Six predictions. I fully expect to be 0/6 by the end of the day.

Fl6j66

It was a good Bundesliga day, Bayern's humiliation mode is finally on (let's hope so). TSG & Dortmund (extra props to Lewandowski) did their job too.

Over in the Schalke game, maybe, as they've been involved in two blow outs, and Mainz means business this year.
    Take the over, because i'm going with Schalke ml. None of us will win but who cares.

I won my Champions League pool two years in a row, so maybe I know more than I give myself credit.
    Sorry, one of us (you) will win. I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Fl6j66; 08-20-11 at 06:30 PM.

Tom Jane

Bundesliga
    Werder Bremen -180 x10 +10
    Hamburg/Bayern o3 -105 x10 +10
    Kaiserslautern/Köln o2.5 -105 x10 -10.5
    Dortmund (aka BVB) -330 x10 +10

Other Leagues
    (Primera) Cruz Azul -175 x10 +10
    (EPL) Everton -210 x10 -21

Only +8.5 on the day. Not great, not terrible. I went against my rule of avoiding the EPL and killed what would've been a +29.5 day. Glad my 'fanboy' bet went through, and yes, hopefully they're in humiliation mode again. 'Lautern and Köln just did not want to get the over. So many chances, but boy do they lack finish.

Definitely eyeing the Schalke match. Now that Bayern poached Neuer, that poor team has essentially nothing. Looking at the over and Mainz, for sure.

Fl6j66

Pretty obvious bet imo but i am leaning towards H96. Odds are decent and i'm not in the mood for value harvesting. You're probably right about the Mainz over. Schalke ML pick is just my compulsive fantasy. Good luck.
    Last edited by Fl6j66; 08-20-11 at 08:42 PM.

Tom Jane

Forgot about the Hannover match. In on that one.

Bundesliga
    Schalke/Mainz o2.5 +105 x10
    FSV Mainz o3 +145 x10
    Hannover 96 +110 x10

Other Leagues
    (EPL) Manchester City -133 x10
    (La Liga) Real Madrid -650 x10

- Schalke has been witness to nine goals in two games and Mainz, five in two. Schalke will probably get one by Mainz; I cannot see them dropping from five goals to nil, even though that was Köln last week. However Mainz should get 2 or 3, Neuer isn't there to bail out that defence anymore.
    - I'm just real high on Mainz 05 this year. Great win over Leverkusen and got by a tricky Freiburg team on the road. Schalke is just in bad shape (from where they usually are), and I don't think this is their year for much of anything.
    - Hannover is carrying over from last year and Hertha Berlin looks like it'll be a mid-tier team again. Gotta go Hannover at home.
    - Odds are pretty nice right now. I think Bolton's only getting credit for their big win over QPR. But City has them at home. And they're not QPR. I've got to go with City, but I think Bolton will put on a good show.
    - Picking Real over Bilbao is just your typical 'for the hell of it' bet. No way they should lose, but if they do, I get a good laugh out of it (and a huge, huge minus).

Fl6j66

1. H96 ml @ 2+
    2. Mainz ↑2.5 @ 1.9 (You talked me into it)
    3. no money on Schalke thanks to your write up.

12 mins to go. GL

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-0 12 th minute Mainz

Fl6j66

Thank you Tom Jane Königsblauen my ass...
    Last edited by Fl6j66; 08-21-11 at 08:55 AM.

escou

Phew finally its a wrap, thanx man nice over

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Schalke now 2-2 with Mainz. 2 - 0 early in the 2nd half and now 2 - 2. How I feel this is going to end 2-2 or 3-2 Schalke, arghhh!!!

Fl6j66

No comments. They couldn't score on Helsinki and now this happens. I'm rooting for T.J.

----

GOD ******* DAMN IT

At least i bet on those pricks with betpoints.
    Last edited by Fl6j66; 08-21-11 at 10:12 AM.

OneTipster
    OneTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's a fixed match.

Fl6j66

Königsblauen my ass...

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey buddy!

All La Liga matches are postponed! So no Real Madrid game today! They're on a strike!

BOL on all ur other plays!

Fl6j66

Hannover have just made a powerful enemy.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hannover would have won but they disallowed a goal at the end it seems? I was on the over and hannover ml that just screwed us

Tom Jane

Bundesliga
    Schalke/Mainz o2.5 +105 x10 +10
    FSV Mainz +145 x10 -6.9
    Hannover 96 +110 x10 -9.09

Other Leagues
    (EPL) Manchester City -133 x10 +7.89
    (La Liga) Real Madrid -650 x10 PUSH due to idiocy on my part

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Hey buddy!

All La Liga matches are postponed! So no Real Madrid game today! They're on a strike!

BOL on all ur other plays!
    Thanks, that's why I shouldn't be allowed to bid on other leagues. Now I've got that money in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    Hannover would have won but they disallowed a goal at the end it seems? I was on the over and hannover ml that just screwed us
    It looked like a goal to me. I'm trying to review it unbiased, and even the ref's explanation makes no sense. Feel damn bad for Hannover. Glad to see Kraft have a decent game, but let's be honest, he let in two, not one.

And how about that FSV-Schalke match, as has been stated? Holy hell, the teams switched uniforms at half. No goals at Helsinki and four in one half against Mainz? Schalke is streaky, but that's taking it to new levels. Still not high on them, but 9-6 aggregate in three for an average of 5 per, I'll keep eyeing the over. And, of course, Fuchs sticking it to his old squad.

Ohh well, 'fun' day. Thanks to the EPL for bailing me out for once. La Liga actually playing would've made it look a smidge better:

Today: 2-0-2 +1.9
    Total: 6-0-4 +10.4

Tom Jane

Ehh threw down a late play on América. Last home game they lost against Tecos, which isn't promising, as Atlas has a better squad. I say they pull it together at home tonight. (And dependant on how antsy I feel prior to kickoff, I may hedge with the draw. ) Damn you Pander 'no goal' and Königsblauen.

Other Leagues
    (Primera) América -181 x10

Tom Jane

1-0 Atlas after 30', thank you Georgie

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

America is such a crap! They fvcked me also that time against Tecos!

Today the coach is in a must win situation! They're at home and start losing! WTF!

Tom Jane

America is such a crap! They fvcked me also that time against Tecos!

Today the coach is in a must win situation! They're at home and start losing! WTF!
    At least it's 1-1 at half. I knew not to trust América this year and did it anyway. I'm high on Cruz Azul this year. Same with Guadalajara, I just hate the Chivas.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

2-1 the mofos! Let's see if they can hold it!

Tom Jane

Benítez with four shots; eight shots total. Good grief, come on, beat that Chileno!

Tom Jane

2-1 the mofos! Let's see if they can hold it!
    Finally!! Isn't that Sánchez's first this year?

Tom Jane

Haha, took him five tries, but way to go Benítez. 3-1, now I'm glad I stuck with this. Ain't that the way it goes?

Tom Jane

Other Leagues
    (Primera) América -181 x10 +10

Well, thanks to a strong second half, and a hat trick from Benítez, América pulled it off. Good to be on the reverse of the Mainz-Schalke story in this match. Finished up on the day and up on the week, can't complain. Well maybe that I didn't pick the over on the América, no Memo equals lots of goals apparently. Bundesliga hurt today, though. Sorry about pulling you away from Schalke, Fl6j66, bud.

Today: 3-0-2 +11.9
    Total: 7-0-4 +20.4

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was a good Bundesliga day, Bayern's humiliation mode is finally on (let's hope so). TSG & Dortmund (extra props to Lewandowski) did their job too.

Take the over, because i'm going with Schalke ml. None of us will win but who cares.

Sorry, one of us (you) will win. I'm an idiot.
    I saw the first 30 or so minutes of Bayern up to Robben's chip. I'm not sure if it was Bayern in humilation mode or Hamburg's defence just being crap

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportGTI View Post
    Schalke now 2-2 with Mainz. 2 - 0 early in the 2nd half and now 2 - 2. How I feel this is going to end 2-2 or 3-2 Schalke, arghhh!!!
    Wow, 4-2 Schalke in the end! It sounds like I should be watcing the Bundesliga

escou

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jane View Post
    Other Leagues
    (Primera) América -181 x10 +10

Well, thanks to a strong second half, and a hat trick from Benítez, América pulled it off. Good to be on the reverse of the Mainz-Schalke story in this match. Finished up on the day and up on the week, can't complain. Well maybe that I didn't pick the over on the América, no Memo equals lots of goals apparently. Bundesliga hurt today, though. Sorry about pulling you away from Schalke, Fl6j66, bud.

Today: 3-0-2 +11.9
    Total: 7-0-4 +20.4

Nice pick there, was gonna go with the over, but missed it for some seconds ...

Fl6j66

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    I saw the first 30 or so minutes of Bayern up to Robben's chip. I'm not sure if it was Bayern in humilation mode or Hamburg's defence just being crap
    Time will tell.

1234 ... Last