unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Decky's Football Tips

Hey All,

I'm up 30u for the season, so thought I'd share my picks to share the wealth

So new user, new thread, clean record 0-0-0

Picks for tomorrow. 17th March

Everton v Sunderland
    I expect this one to be a nitty gritty, old fashioned cup tie. Main focus will be to keep a balanced playing style, structured defense and work from there. Both teams have players who can score goals. Everton have began to hit some home form after their usual awful start to the season. Jelavic looks like the main man up front at the moment for the Toffees and could see him getting a goal tomorrow, in the early kick off. Since the little Irish man, Martin O'Neill has taken the realm at Sunderland they have played like a different team, one that believes they can come out of every game with the win. Both teams, in my opinion, will cancel each other out and will go on to a replay.

Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1.1u)
    Draw @ 3.50 (0.5u)

Tottenham vs Bolton

Tottenham have made White Hart Lane their Fortress this season, and with a relegation looming team coming to visit, I can't see anything other than a comfortable Spurs win. Tottenham have a good enough defence to keep Bolton's below par strike force at bay. Spurs have also scored an average of 2.25 goals at home this season, beating Bolton when they met in the league 3-0, and I can see this on panning out very similar.

Tottenham win to nil @ 2.20 (1u)
    Tottenham to score 2 or 3 goals (1u)

Fulham vs Swansea

Both open attacking teams, can score and also concede enough goals for me to roll with the following bet. Martin Jol has got Fulham playing some lovely attacking football, and Brendan Rodgers whole footballing ethos is playing nice passing, with good attacking movement, so I see goals in this one and both teams getting goals.

Both teams to Score @ 2.00 (1.5u)

BOL to all, especially if you decide to tail!

cwbuff44
    cwbuff44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

I think I like the Tottenham play a lot! How certain are you buddy?

unitedlad

No one can be certain about any of their picks. I am confident enough to roll with a 1 unit okay, nothing more. However, I think we are getting good value on all my plays.
    Last edited by unitedlad; 03-17-12 at 07:36 AM.

jmf
    jmf's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you at Everton vs Sunderland bts and probably at all of them. GL!

edit: Sunderland actually scored when I was writing it so we now waitin for Evertons goal.
    Last edited by jmf; 03-17-12 at 08:05 AM.

unitedlad

Good start to the day boys. First bet already up. Have a good St. Paddy's Day.

jmf
    jmf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NextSportStar

unitedlad

2-0 for the day so far. On to the 3pm kick off. Let's keep this rolling.

unitedlad

2-2 -0.15u

Finished the day 2-2, them 2 late games came back to bite us. Discounting the Spurs to win by 2-3 goals as that was deemed as void. On to today, may have picks later.

unitedlad

Sorry, no time for a write up.

Man Utd vs Wolves

United to score 2-3 goals @ 2.10 (1u)

unitedlad

Record: 2-3 -1.15u

United battering a demoralised Wolves team. Didn't see this one being so one-sided.

unitedlad

Newcastle vs Norwich

Demba Ba to Score @ 2.20 (1u)

unitedlad

2-4 -2.15

Bad break in the past few bets. Still think the value was there, which is why I rolled with them. Taking a different edge in tonights Spanish game where Malaga travel to Madrid to take on the unstoppable leaders. I'm making a high stake bet as I think we are getting good value with the -1 Real Madrid handicap. Real Madrid are on fire at the moment and seem invincible. They are battering every team that come their way, and I don't think tonight will be any different. However, Madrid are full of superstars in attack, I think a lot of questions can be asked of their defense which is why I think Malaga could get a goal in a high scoring encounter. Malaga have a few players who can create chances, but because Real Madrid have such a ridiculous attacking force, I think they will out score their counter parts easily.

The correct score is just a hunch, and I would kick myself if it ended up 3-1 and I didn't bet on it. Just a small one though.

Real Madrid vs Malaga

Real Madrid - 1 @ 1.5 (5u)
    Both Teams to Score @ 1.91 (1.5u)
    Correct Score: 3-1 @ 11 (0.2u)

unitedlad

Wow, really bad day today. Worst one in the past year or so. Really don't know how Real Madrid didn't win by at least 3, they just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net and they paid for it in the end with a late Malaga equalizer. This was a one off and I can see me playing this bet again if the value is there, which it was. Just got very unlucky.

3-6 -5.98u
    Last edited by unitedlad; 03-19-12 at 09:28 AM.

unitedlad

Looking to come back with a bang here. I'm confident with my 2u bet tonight. Will write a brief reasoning for my pick in a bit.

Blackburn vs Sunderland

6 of the past 7 Blackburn home games have seen both teams scoring so I think we are getting superb value here considering that fact. Hoilett is the main man for Blackburn, everything runs through him and he has had plenty of chances to score goals in the past few months for Blackburn, as he bombs forward whenever possible. He is a very tidy player, and very comfortable with the ball at his feet. He scored 2 against Wolves last week and he will be brimming with confidence to try to add to his rather low goal tally this season.

Both teams to Score @ 1.73 (2u)
    Hoilett to Score @ 4.7 (0.3u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 03-20-12 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Write up

unitedlad

Typical, Ji misses an absolute sitter (tap in) to win my 2u bet. Just not getting the rub of the green at the moment. At least Hoilett saved me some coin, but should have had a perfect night.

4-7 -6.57u
    Last edited by unitedlad; 03-20-12 at 04:49 PM.

unitedlad

Man City v Chelsea

City to win @ 1.91 (2u)
    Aguero to score @ 2.65 (1u)

unitedlad

Bad result for me personally, being a Man Utd fan, but at least I made some money from it. On a betting side of things, it was a good night and hopefully I can get a run going! That 5u Real Madrid play really messed up by unit record so far, but that's the risk you take with big money plays!

6-7 -3.1u

unitedlad

Monday, 26th March

Manchester United vs Fulham

United are finally getting a lot of players out of injury an back fit. Valencia back in the team is huge and he produces so much from the right wing. I expect Valencia have a lot of joy up against his marker, Risse. United's record at home against Fulham is phenomenal and have smashed many goals against them while keeping a clean sheet. I may add to this later on in the weekend with a Win to Nil bet, but for now I'm just rolling with the handicap.

United -1.5 AH @ 1.8 (2.5u)
    Edit: Adding United halftime/ United fulltime @ 1.8 (1.5u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 03-24-12 at 07:07 AM.

unitedlad

Saturday , 24th March

Arsenal vs Aston Villa

Arsenal have eventually hit their stride in this late stage in the season and will be full of confidence having taken 3rd spot of their fierce rivals, Spurs. Wenger has been in this position plenty of times and he'll know the exact thing to say to his players to keep their confidence high and to continue with this run of form. I can see Arsenal going at Aston Villa from the off here and if they get an earlyish lead, then I can see this being a battering. But I'm more comfortable putting my money on Arsenal to win by at least 2 goals.

Arsenal -1.5 AH @ 2 (1u)

unitedlad

Saturday , 24th March

Chelsea vs Tottenham

Drogba Anytime GS @ 3 (0.5u)

unitedlad

Overall Record : 7-8 -2.6u

Today's Record: 1-1 +0.5u

unitedlad

Rangers vs Celtic

I can see this being a more fiesty game than ever. Celtic have run away with the league, especially due to Rangers going bankrupt and getting points docked. So this will be Rangers cup final they will give everything to show the fans they still mean business. But Celtic will also be going for it, as if Motherwell drop points today, they can win the league with 3 points at Ibrox. So I can see this being a lot like their last meeting earlier in the season which finished 4-2.

over 2.5 goals @ 2.1 (1u)

unitedlad

Today's record: 1-0 +1.1u

Overall Record: 8-8 -1.5u

Starting to claw back that horrible 5u Barca loss.

unitedlad

Yesterdays Record: 1-1 -1.3u

Overall Record 9-9 -2.8u

United should have scored another goal but it just wouldn't come. Should have went for the Win to Nil bet I was talking about in the write-up but was out of the house at the time.

unitedlad

Milan vs Barca

Not much to say here. Best player in the world, scoring for fun every week, playing against an above average CB and an aging former great CB. The value here is fantastic which is why I'm making it a 4 unit play. Let's hope Barca won't let me down again on a big money play.

Messi Anytime Goalscorer @ 1.91 (4u)

unitedlad

Friday 30th March

Doncaster vs Birmingham

o2.5 goals @ 2.08 (3u)

Barnet vs Torquay

Torquay win @ 2.5 (2u)

unitedlad

Barcelona screwed me over AGAIN. Really gutting. They should have had a stone wall penalty awarded, which Messi would have scored. Messi had plenty of other chances to get himself on the score sheet, but it wasn't to be. So that is 11u Barcelona has cost me.

My bets yesterday were aggressive, it is not usually like me to put such high units on such bets, but I felt the odds I was getting was too good to pass down (which is the main reason for the high unit stake on the Messi bet). But luck swings both ways, which was the case in the Torquay game last night as Barnet seemed to be the better team, but that is why Torquay are high in the table.

Overall Record: 11-10 -0.56u

Yesterday's Record: 2-0 +6.24

unitedlad

Saturday 31st March

Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao

Going against the grain in this one. Being a Man Utd fan I know the quality that Athletic have all over the field. Bielsa loves getting his players up for the big games, and it doesn't come much bigger than Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Bilbao drew with Barcelona when they hosted them earlier on in the season, and I think Barcelona have looked very shaky at the back recently. Pique has lost a lot of confidence and I can see Athletic scoring 1 or 2 here. They have plenty of talented, young players and they will give Barcelona a run of their money here. I'm surprised at the odds I am getting for the handicap tonight so I'm making it a 1.5u play.

Athletic +2.5 @ 2.10 (1.5u)
    Both teams to Score @ 2.1 (1.5u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 03-31-12 at 02:24 PM.

unitedlad

I have to admit I read the game wrong. Barcelona were all over Athletic Bilbao but Bilbao did defend very well which I knew they would and had a shot cleared off the line so I could have easily won both bets tonight. At least a profit, however small, was still made. I should have waited for the teams to be released before placing my second bet. I made a big mistake by completely forgetting Fernando Llorrente got injured midweek against Schalke. This really is a huge (not just physically) loss to Bilbao considering how excellent he is at holding up the ball which Bilbao really needed tonight, as they kept hoofing up the ball, and having no one up there, kept losing possession in the process.

Anyway, onwards and upwards to tomorrow.

Tonight's record: 1-1 +0.15u

Overall record: 12-11 -0.41u

unitedlad

Let's have a great month starting with today.

Sunday 1st April

Newcastle vs Liverpool

No time for write up.

Cisse to Score anytime @ 3.00 (1u)
    Newcastle win @ 3.45 (1u)

unitedlad

Great start to the month. In the black, let's keep it that way.

Today's record: 2-0 +4.45u
    Overall record: 14-11 +4.04u

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I decided to check out your thread after you posted in LTAs thread. It's incredible how similar our bets on football are. I have literally placed about 60% of the bets you have posted lol, probably because we are both united fans. I had cisse first and anytime yesterday and Newcastle to win, totenham -1. What you on for tonight's game? It's a big one but I am not confident enough to back us -1. I am feeling backing us HT/FT at evens as we usually seem to cover this when we win. Also may place a few side bets on 2-1 and 1 0 correct sides. Looking forward to the game and hope we can go 5 clear

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

nice thread mate. keep it up.
    BOL

unitedlad

Monday, 2nd April

Blackburn Rovers vs Manchester United

I think this game will be a lot tougher for United than everyone else thinks it will be. Ewood Park has always been a tricky venue for the Reds, and it has been a fixture which has resulted in tight games for the past 5 or 6 years.

United looked extremely nervous against Fulham last weekend and I think having picked up on this, Sir Alex Ferguson would have had a talk with the team telling them that the league is in our hands, especially after City slipping up on Saturday. There is no team or manager that is more experienced in this situation than United and Fergie. They know how to see out nitty, gritty games, which I think this one will be.

Blackburn will be equally up for this one, fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table. They have showed some decent form of late but I think the quality and experience of United will triumph in a tight, nervy match.

I was delighted to see the value I am getting with tonight’s pick which meant my stake didn’t have to be as big as I would have thought.

United to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (0.5u)
    Rooney to score Anytime @ 1.91 (1.2u)
    Penalty to be awarded @ 5.00 (0.3u)
    Phil Jones to get booked @ 5.80 (0.25u)
    Over 30 booking points @ 1.83 (1.2u)

A lot of bets tonight on one game. Quite unusual for me but I see a lot of value there. I was surprised to see the booking points so low. This is a big game for both teams and I think there will be a lot of flying challenges tonight.

Card's final. On a side note.....C'MON UNITED!
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-02-12 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Adding to card

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    I decided to check out your thread after you posted in LTAs thread. It's incredible how similar our bets on football are. I have literally placed about 60% of the bets you have posted lol, probably because we are both united fans. I had cisse first and anytime yesterday and Newcastle to win, totenham -1. What you on for tonight's game? It's a big one but I am not confident enough to back us -1. I am feeling backing us HT/FT at evens as we usually seem to cover this when we win. Also may place a few side bets on 2-1 and 1 0 correct sides. Looking forward to the game and hope we can go 5 clear
    Funny enough, I was thinking about dabbling in both them scorelines but decided to go with the winning margin, as the value is very similar, and just incase this is a repeat of the game earlier in the season which ended 3-2!

BTW - if your backing the HT/FT then I would go to Betfair as you can get 2.1 atm. Every little counts!
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-02-12 at 11:23 AM.

1234 ... Last