Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Gonna Give'er A Go

Cork City v. Drogheda United

Cork is one of my favourite teams in the Irish leagues. They are a resilient side that doesn't concede many goals. Unfortunately, they may no longer score many goals either as their creative goalscorer, Graham Cummins, has moved on to English football to play for Preston N.E.

This is the second match of this new campaign, with Cork losing to UCD last week in very low-scoring, 1-0 typical first match fashion. Cork won the League 1 title in the very last game of the season last year, pulling out an exciting win over title-favourites Shelbourne. This match was played at Shelbourne's grounds, and even though both teams had already secured promotion to the top flight, we saw Cummins net a winner in the 90'+4' to secure the title. As mentioned, the genius of Cummins will be missed nowadays. Cork also have some injury concerns and will not, by any means, be the same squad that led them to success in League 1 last year.

Drogheda concede a lot of goals and finished with a poor record in the top flight of the Irish leagues last season. They have made a few changes in the off-season and looked great in the first go, last week, when they almost beat last year's champs, Shamrock Rovers. Drogheda are coming out playing a scrappy, physical style of play right now, which Cork is capable of handling, if the nerves of playing their first home game in top flight this season don't get to them.

With the crowd surely to be a factor in today's match, I'd have to give the nod to Cork. However, if Drogheda comes out looking like they did last week, then a weakened Cork side will have a tough time bagging winning goals. I must admit that I will surely be cheering for Cork to win, but can't see them running away with this one, despite being at home. If the price was better on Cork (at least 2.00) then I would look at them for the win, but this is how I am going to play this match...(small plays btw...)

Cork City-Drogheda United - DRAW @3.60
    UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.66

Knowing my luck, City will win 3-0 lol. I don't like the Juice on the UNDER but I taking it small anyway. If Cork look too strong, I will throw some in-play.

all comments welcome. get that scrilla, homies.

Bluedragon

terrible. 2-0 Cork before the half lol. i should have had more faith in them. hoping for a 7-0 win now lol

Bluedragon

Lmao -> under = dunder -> 2-1 ht

Bluedragon

ouch.

one of the shittiest parts about this loss, is the fact that I was seriously debating between either UNder or the Drog +0.5,+1 AH. I went with the UN and now am kicking my own fukkin ass. arrrgh. one of those days. beat by an own-goal too.

vangend
    vangend's Avatar Become A Pro!

i had the under in a parlay

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by vangend View Post
    i had the under in a parlay
    Sorry.