latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Villas Boas sacked from Chelsea!

Chelsea parted company with manager Andre Villa-Boas on Sunday."The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointment that the relationship has ended so early," a statement on the Chelsea website read."Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.""The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.""With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time."Roberto Di Matteo will take over as first-team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season.

Well 8 months AVB was in Chelsea and now sacked, WHat do u think about it?

I think Chelsea right now is like the Titanic, lot of money spent on the team but seems like they'll sink! U can't blame AVB for everything going on Chelsea. Specially cause they didn't bring players he wanted IMO. Chelsea midfield is a disgrace and buying Torres was stupidest waste of money I've seen.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Wow. They have definitely been dropping points

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Not too surprised after AVB's interview on a Portuguese radio station last week. Couple that with Chelsea's form and Abamovich's history with managers and it seemed like a matter of time.

I think it's not a good thing though. If you're going to bring in a new manager give him some time to implement things and get some players he wants. Question more is where fits AVB end up and who takes Chelsea job, does Mourinho come back?

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

did you even heard his interview? the russian needs to get rid off those old cows...thats what villas boas wanted...its a win for those old boys..he will end up at Inter with the same problem

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

just read this on twitter lol...

Whats The Mata With Chelsea?Their Form Is Terryble,They Keep On Luizing, Cech The Table :s To Be Frank,I Respect AVB But He Aint Got A Kalou

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gndias View Post
    did you even heard his interview? the russian needs to get rid off those old cows...thats what villas boas wanted...its a win for those old boys..he will end up at Inter with the same problem
    Yes that´s basically what I pointed out! Lampard, Terry, Cole, Essien, and some other guys area already old! They need new players! But seems that it´s easier to sack one guy than half of the team.

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragon View Post
    just read this on twitter lol...

Whats The Mata With Chelsea?Their Form Is Terryble,They Keep On Luizing, Cech The Table :s To Be Frank,I Respect AVB But He Aint Got A Kalou
    ahahahahha very clever!

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough to be a manager

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Glada Tartan View Post
    Tough to be a manager
    not if you're the special one

Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

What idiot decsion by a scum of a man Abamovich.. firstly they had to pay alot of $$$ to get AVB, so good bye to all that dough, secondly Chelski have beening firing managers so frequently, don't they look at the Arsenals, Man U's... and see that you need stability and give the manager 1-3 years to build a squad...... Moron move from a blood money club, hope they go bankrupt.

Gndias

thats what happens when you have too much money....

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

IMO the key problem for AVB compared to some of other managers (maybe except big phil) is the simple fact the team never really trusted him. TBH from the media reports of his training sessions I'm not surprised they didnt give him their all, here is a man who was basically an assistant a few years ago at Chelsea who had a few decent years in Portugal which is not even the top 5 in Europe, and he comes into the Chelsea team and lays into the veterans in training, telling them they are crap and how they are embarrassing. Yes it may be true but it was not the right place to do it. Even when he took the job the media talked about his reception because the locker room has a few main cliques. I dont think it helped him to show his feelings for the vets so early in the year, even in oct/nov you had the feeling he wanted to revamp the team by alienating people like alex and anelka.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

They were calling AVB the new Mourinho, but honestly no one can duplicate that man.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    They were calling AVB the new Mourinho, but honestly no one can duplicate that man.
    Name:  522.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  38.6 KB

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post
    Name:  522.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  38.6 KB
    Legendary coach, but he's a Barca manager, Mourinho can go to Inter, Chelsea, Madrid and win leagues/CL's.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

the funny thing is that Di Matteo is in charge for the rest of the season... I can almost see Newcastle finishing above Chelsea

Gndias

to me guardiola will only be legendary when he wins in another club....winning on barca? that's damn easy...

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Seriously

If you get rid of the old men you'd have enough to rebuild faster than most would think, need to be wary of the financial fair play though.

Frank to LA Galaxy 7 milli
    Kalou to Arsenal 3 milli
    Drogba to Shanghai Shenhua 20 milli
    Malouda to PSG 7 milli
    Bosingwa to Roma / Juventus
    Ferriera to anyone that will take him & likewise Jon Obi Mikel.

Now we have Torres, I think it's time to admit failure with the signing being rushed and a terrible one (admittedly some may say that's 'in hindsight', but could you really say it was good business?). Torres' form was dipping dramatically in the lead up to the move & the price of £50 million hardly justified his worth at the time, you can barely say it was a decent buy even with Torres in top form.
    It's obvious he's lost a step or two, maybe three, you're not going to build your team around this guy that hasn't shown any signs of returning to form and if you keep him you are gambling on the fact he comes good with new players around him & that is highly doubtful, just ask Vincent DeL Bosque. He's lost all confidence, couldn't even beat a sloth 1 on 1, and is in the slump of all slumps, also has more cards than goals at a club which had so much riding on him adapting and finding his feet relatively quickly, yet now they're stuck with a guy that couldn't score with an open net.
    Cut your losses and offload him for £20 million to some cashed up club like Anzhi in Russia or maybe Ancelotti will change his mind & he can go PSG if Ancelotti low balls hard enough to tempt them into making a deal.

Finally on David Luiz, he should be a piece in the puzzle of this new Chelsea but the question is where should he play? The guy obviously has talent and is still young, very raw, brash type of player, his defending is non existent at times and sometimes you just wonder what he's thinking, and while I know you paid £30 million to Benfica for this kid to be a center back, he is good on the ball and can play a pass, try him in holding midfield when Terry gets back, then you won't be exposed at the back so much when he makes those good runs that sometimes break down and cause you to get killed on the counter, even if it's just an experiment that struggles to garner success, what could be worse right now? I doubt they will try sell him no matter how bad of a reputation he's gained for his erratic, adventurous and sometimes mistake ridden play.

Gary Cahill was also a panic buy, I mean why pay £7 million for a defender when you can get him for free in 6 months? Sure it looks like a blessing in disguise now with Terry's injury but I'm also of the belief that Ivanovic is much better centrally than on the right, you can see he's lost a bit of confidence with some poor displays and costly errors in recent big games, but in saying that, how many quality right back's do you see out there being shopped around to the big european clubs in the next window? Not too many I would assume. You then sign promising youngster Kevin De Bruyne from Genk, then when clearly short of players with speed in your squad, you proceed to send him back out on loan to Genk immediately when the current squad obviously lacks a quality that he possesses, pace. It's confusing to say the least.

I think firing the manager you went out of your way for and was a big money signing that raised a lot of eyebrows - without giving him a full season to go through all the dead wood accumulated mostly during Mourinho's reign, is pretty bad. & that's regardless of them being in terrible form with I think something like only 2 wins in the last 9 in all competitions. I mean I guess any manager at a big club would come under heat with those figures but taking into an account the situation surely some of the blame must be shifted to the players. Although I guess football is results driven and in the cut throat managerial world results always play a part in your future & its exemplified at the larger clubs where becoming the new manager comes with great expectations, sometimes met, often not.

Gndias