1. #36
    Siddhartha Arya
    Siddhartha Arya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-23-11
    Posts: 60
    Betpoints: 216

    Liverpool is unlikely to finish in top 4 as Andy Carroll has failed to fire and Gerrard's injury has stretched too long. Suarez and reds will appeal against the ban but they'll get little relief in the best case scenario. Chelsea will lose Drogba and Kalou during CAF and will face many difficulties to replace them as Torres has yet to find his form and Mata can't replace strikers. If anyone dared to doubt role of Drogba in Chelsea's success then they should have got their answer in the past month. Arsenal will only improve because their early season problems were related with loss of players and bad atmosphere created by those much hyped transfers. Gunners have done very well and they deserve all credit for silencing their critiques. Gunners may not add a few players in the transfer window but Wenger has a lot of experience. Spurs will also lose Adebayor during CAF but they still have a large squad to replace him. There is no doubt that both teams from Manchester will finish in top 4 positions. The race will be among Spurs, gunners and blues and will be very tough. Form of first half of the season is not a guarantee for the second half.

  2. #37
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Tottenham should beat Norwich today, but you can never know in the EPL. If they do get the 3 points, they will be 4 points above Chelsea and with a game in hand. Hopes for top4 are big. COYS

  3. #38
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    it's getting spicy at the top. man utd lose at home with blakburn, man city lose at sunderland, chelsea lose at home with villa. spurs get only one point from swansea while arsenal and liverpool both gain 3 points.

    right now I think this could go down to the last games as it looks to be a tight battle for top4 but let's see what happens in the january transfer window

  4. #39
    ULTRANORTH
    ULTRANORTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-30-11
    Posts: 57
    Betpoints: 486

    100% spurs will make top 4

    liverpool has a 20% chance of making top 4, they look to be 5th or 6th

  5. #40
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by ULTRANORTH View Post
    100% spurs will make top 4

    liverpool has a 20% chance of making top 4, they look to be 5th or 6th
    The second half of the season can have surprises. This time last year Chelsea were 5th place and they finished the season in second place. I think any team can finish top 4 but if things don't go wrong with injuries or if Chelsea and Pool don't spend a lot of money (again) in January, then I'm still going with Arsenal and Spurs for top4.
    Last edited by allin1; 01-02-12 at 05:22 AM.

  6. #41
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Moyes is one of my favorite managers. He has done very well with Everton considering their circumstances. If Harry would take the England job then Moyes would be my first choice for Tottenham. That being said, I am not sure I want Spurs to win at home against Everton but they will definitely have a go and try to take the points.

    This is the type of match where I would go for a draw on a "home no bet" (Stake returned if game ends in a home win within normal time). Unfortunately only bwin offers such a bet but it's good enough for me. If Spurs win I get my stake refunded, if they draw I get a 50% return on my initial risk.

  7. #42
    Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-10
    Posts: 1,318

    Only Sunderland picked up more points over Christmas than Spurs! Spurs are long overdue a bad patch and still have to play the top teams again this season so top 4 isn't a guarantee but it's looking very good right now, let's just say that. No reason why they can't get 3 points this evening...
    Last edited by shari91; 02-10-12 at 06:14 AM. Reason: removed spam

  8. #43
    Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-10
    Posts: 1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    Moyes is one of my favorite managers. He has done very well with Everton considering their circumstances. If Harry would take the England job then Moyes would be my first choice for Tottenham. That being said, I am not sure I want Spurs to win at home against Everton but they will definitely have a go and try to take the points.

    This is the type of match where I would go for a draw on a "home no bet" (Stake returned if game ends in a home win within normal time). Unfortunately only bwin offers such a bet but it's good enough for me. If Spurs win I get my stake refunded, if they draw I get a 50% return on my initial risk.
    Hmmm Moyes plays a completely different brand of football to Redknapp so it wouldn't be the best change in the world.

  9. #44
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    Hmmm Moyes plays a completely different brand of football to Redknapp so it wouldn't be the best change in the world.
    I like the organised style of Moyes. Plus he is young so you can have him for the next 20 years as a manager. I don't like the idea of managers coming and going. Ancellotti would have been my first choice but that's not an option anymore.
    Last edited by allin1; 01-11-12 at 08:30 AM.

  10. #45
    lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-10
    Posts: 940
    Betpoints: 3870

    still will be very surprised if spurs can make it to top 4. it will be good thing, leaving behind some big guns.

  11. #46
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    still will be very surprised if spurs can make it to top 4. it will be good thing, leaving behind some big guns.
    it will be tough but there is still a chance

  12. #47
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    another 3 points and they are level on points with Manchester United...

  13. #48
    ULTRANORTH
    ULTRANORTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-30-11
    Posts: 57
    Betpoints: 486

    What's wrong with you people. Spurs will finish top four for sure. They have a better squad than Liverpool and arsenal and are performing unlike Chelsea. Don't think they can win it, but at least 2nd-3rd, only 4th if Chelsea stages a revival which is unlikely under AVB

  14. #49
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by ULTRANORTH View Post
    What's wrong with you people. Spurs will finish top four for sure. They have a better squad than Liverpool and arsenal and are performing unlike Chelsea. Don't think they can win it, but at least 2nd-3rd, only 4th if Chelsea stages a revival which is unlikely under AVB
    are you a spurs fan?

  15. #50
    joelazar
    joelazar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-12
    Posts: 1

    Too bad for the 1-1 against Wolves. But with ten points ahead of Arsenal, I am pretty sure they will make it in the top four.

  16. #51
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by joelazar View Post
    Too bad for the 1-1 against Wolves. But with ten points ahead of Arsenal, I am pretty sure they will make it in the top four.
    it was a disappointing result especially when you consider the fact that they had all their big guns fit...

    it will be very interesting from now on because their form can suffer big time so anything can happen. I wouldn't rule out Arsenal yet, I am still waiting to see how will they all stand by March

  17. #52
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    arsenal are on 5th with 10 points behind spurs so I really don't think that they will manage to finish above them.

    from now on it's more like the fight for 3rd with Chelsea

  18. #53
    MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-11-10
    Posts: 4,089

    the boys showed a lot of character and deserved to come away with a point today.

    The F.A better crack down on Balotelli hard. No room for that kind of shit in the premiership. And to think, Shitty supporters think Adebayor is an arrogant, piece of shit.

  19. #54
    Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-14-09
    Posts: 13,489

    Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post

    And to think, Shitty supporters think Adebayor is an arrogant, piece of shit.
    He is, he ain't any better than Mario and yet Ade actually stomped on RVP face. Ballo missed Parker with the back step.

  20. #55
    Siddhartha Arya
    Siddhartha Arya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-23-11
    Posts: 60
    Betpoints: 216

    Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    arsenal are on 5th with 10 points behind spurs so I really don't think that they will manage to finish above them.

    from now on it's more like the fight for 3rd with Chelsea


    Arsenal is more experienced than Spurs in premier league and also have some money to spend before transfer window closes even though they've lost three in a row. Spurs will have to maintain their away form to keep gunners and blues at bay.

  21. #56
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha Arya View Post
    Arsenal is more experienced than Spurs in premier league and also have some money to spend before transfer window closes even though they've lost three in a row. Spurs will have to maintain their away form to keep gunners and blues at bay.
    I still can't see Arsenal finishing above Spurs.

  22. #57
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    defoe and lennon are out for the wigan game at home. I can almost see Bale playing again behind the striker wiith vdv on the right wing. coys

  23. #58
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    good 3 points from wigan, bale is top class, but there are a lot of tough fixtures coming up so I expect the battle for 3th and 4th to be really close

  24. #59
    Siddhartha Arya
    Siddhartha Arya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-23-11
    Posts: 60
    Betpoints: 216

    Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    I still can't see Arsenal finishing above Spurs.
    I'll have to agree with you. Gunners didn't buy anyone in the transfer window and their current team is not good enough to beat relegation fighters on the road. All matches will be very competitive because everyone will have a motive to play in the closing stages of the season.

  25. #60
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha Arya View Post
    I'll have to agree with you. Gunners didn't buy anyone in the transfer window and their current team is not good enough to beat relegation fighters on the road. All matches will be very competitive because everyone will have a motive to play in the closing stages of the season.
    their match at Bolton just finished 0-0. Spurs are probably going to drop a lot of points in the next months but it's hard for the Gunners to have a perfect run so with 12 points above them I still think Spurs will finish above them

  26. #61
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Looking good in the table Everton did a big favor beating Chelsea

  27. #62
    breikert
    breikert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-11
    Posts: 120
    Betpoints: 2044

    The big question isnt if Tottenham will finish in top 4, the question is: Who will finish in 4th place out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool! I have the answer, Liverpool ofcourse! YNWA!

  28. #63
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by breikert View Post
    The big question isnt if Tottenham will finish in top 4, the question is: Who will finish in 4th place out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool! I have the answer, Liverpool ofcourse! YNWA!
    I hope you are right. Chelsea don't deserve to be there anymore. They spent a lot of money on players and managers but pare playing much worse than last season.

  29. #64
    breikert
    breikert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-11
    Posts: 120
    Betpoints: 2044

    Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    I hope you are right. Chelsea don't deserve to be there anymore. They spent a lot of money on players and managers but pare playing much worse than last season.
    I could not have said it better than that.

  30. #65
    newclear
    newclear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-12
    Posts: 9

    I think Spurs are gonna finish third and win the FA cup, they deserve that, great season for them so far

  31. #66
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by newclear View Post
    I think Spurs are gonna finish third and win the FA cup, they deserve that, great season for them so far
    Sounds too good to be true but I hope you are right

  32. #67
    MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-11
    Posts: 5,201
    Betpoints: 3433

    Come on YOU SPURS!!!

  33. #68
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    Come on YOU SPURS!!!

    COYS

  34. #69
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    spurs are dropping points and my guess is they will keep dropping until the end of the season. Since Capello left the England job and everyone is talking about Harry, there have been only 2 games that went ok: Newcastle and Stevenage... the rest were complete failures and there is something wrong going on with them. Champions League spot is not a certainty. I think Arsenal and Chelsea have the same chances now.

  35. #70
    lawalahmed
    lawalahmed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-10
    Posts: 1,237

    Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    So, besides the Manchester teams who do you think will finish above them? Arsenal who are currently on 7th place with 4 games already lost? Everyone in England thinks this is their worst team in the last 10 years. Perhaps you are thinking about Chelsea and Liverpool? Chelsea are not in great form either, they lost 3 games already, one to QPR, and will be busy with Abramovich's main priority: Champions League. Liverpool have lost only twice (one time trashed by Spurs 4-0) but they are drawing a lot, even at home to Norwich and Swansea.

    I still believe there are big chances for Spurs finishing top 4. Actually, if you look at the odds at most bookamkers and at Betfair you will se that Tottenham are in the top 4 favorites.

    Arsenal worst team in your mouth ?

    I wish you could say that again......

    Anyway i have little joke for you...



    A Tottenham fan,Arsenal fan and Manchester United fan were all in Saudi Arabia sharing a Smuggled crate of Booze when all of a sudden,Police rushed and arrested them.The more possession of Alcohol is a severe offense in Saudi Arabia,so for the terrible crime of consuming Booze,they were sentenced to death! However,after months with the help of very gd lawyers,they successfully appealed down to Life Imprisonment.By a stroke of Luck,it was a National Holiday.The day their trials finished and the Extremely Benevolent Sheikh decided they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes of whip.As they were preparing for their punishment,the Sheikh announced"Its My 1st Wife's Birthday today and She has asked me to allow each of u make a wish b4 your Whipping.The Tottenham fan was 1st "Plz tie a pillow to my back" this was done,but the pillow lasted only 10 lashes b4 the whip went through.when it was over,He was to be carried away bleeding and crying in pain.The Manchester United fan was nxt up.After watching the Tottenham fan in Horror,He said "Plz fix 2 pillows to my back" But even the 2 pillows could only take 15 lashes b4 the whip went through and was led away crying in pain loudly.The Arsenal fan was last one,But b4 He could say anythng,The Sheikh turned to him and said "You support one of the biggest club inthe world which is finest.For this, you may have 2 wishes!" "Thank you,Your most Royal and Merciful of ur Kindness.My 1st wish is that you give me not 20 but 100 lashes''. ''Not only you are powerful but also very brave" The Sheikh said with an admiring look on his face, "If 100 lashes is what you desire,then so be it.and your 2nd wish?" "Tie the Tottenham fan to my Back"




First 123 Last
Top